PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Abilene Wylie's Peyton Little

ccmom
03-30-2011, 02:39 PM
Well deserved...:clap: :clap:

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/mar/29/wylies-little-named-states-best-in-3a/

Since becoming a regular for coach Tri Danley as a freshman in 2009, Peyton Little has established herself as the best girls basketball player the Big Country has to offer.

On Tuesday, the Wylie phenom was officially declared the top Class 3A player in the state.

After averaging more than 23 points per game to lead the Lady Bulldogs to the Class 3A state championship earlier this month, Little has been named the 3A player of the year by the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches and is a nominee for Texas' Miss Basketball award, which goes to the best player across all classifications.

Little's latest accolade is another on a growing list for what Danley believes is a very deserving player.

"If there's anybody that's deserving, it's Peyton, along with her family and her parents," he said. "It's just got to be a pretty special moment for them, especially with the time and effort that she's put into it. She's won (the state championship), she's all-state, and she was the MVP at the (state) tournament. It's just all coming together, and it's a pretty special time for everybody."

Little, the defending all-Big Country Super Team player of the year, averaged 23.4 points this season, scoring 32.1 points per contest through the playoffs. Danley's go-to guard twice topped 40 points in a game this season, scoring a 3A state championship game record 43 points in Wylie's 66-58 title game win over Lucas Lovejoy.

Danley, who's twice taken Wylie to the 3A title game, falling in overtime to Texarkana Liberty-Eylau in 2010, said Little's leadership and on-court impact can't be overstated.

"I really felt like as a sophomore, talent and ability-wise, she made our team better," Danley said. "This past year she did it emotionally. She led by example, she worked hard and those types of things. And that doesn't include what she does on the floor, which speaks for itself."

Little, a top-50 national recruit, has been committed to Texas since she was a sophomore. Just a junior now, she'll play one more year at Wylie. Danley, who arrived at Wylie Little's freshman year, said he couldn't be happier about that.

"It's probably going to be one of those things where three or four years down the road you realize what kind of player she is and what she's meant to our program," he said. "But to be player of the year in your class, especially as a junior, is just a phenomenal feat."

bobcat1
03-30-2011, 02:45 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Old LB
03-30-2011, 02:46 PM
Congrats to Peyton. :clap:

Pendragon13
03-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Congrats! Saw this in the paper today.:cool:

mwrams
03-30-2011, 07:58 PM
we at Mineral Wells agree. My grand daughter saw her play against Mineral Wells and said she was unbelievable!
Congrats!

garciap77
03-31-2011, 08:46 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/420110329210003003_t160.jpg
Photo by Tommy Metthe

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/420110329210006001_t160.jpg
Photo by Tommy Metthe

Reporter-News Wylie's Peyton Little wqas rewarded for her super season with the 3A player of the year award by the Texas Association of basketball coaches.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

eagles_victory
04-01-2011, 04:04 PM
She gets my vote. Was there ever any question?