PDA

View Full Version : Sad, But Noticeable (Elementary Sign)

Bullaholic
03-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I sure hope this school was just short an "A" in their sign letter set....

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/eccept.jpg

BEAST
03-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

lol.:clap:

BEAST

Farmersfan
03-30-2011, 09:50 AM

Now we understand why they consider the TAKS such a challenge! :D :D

RoyceTTU
03-30-2011, 09:53 AM
Bull, that is a Gem. Good find:clap:

Ernest T Bass
03-30-2011, 09:55 AM
The last line on the sign is all you need to know. :dispntd:

Bullaholic
03-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Bull, that is a Gem. Good find:clap:

Credit goes to my lawyer friend Barry Green of Decatur who authors the blog "Liberally Lean In the Land of Dairy Queen".
He knows about most things in Wise Co. and the Metroplex before the media, and has some funny stuff.

raider red 2000
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
whats the sign?

i just get a red X

Phantom Stang
03-30-2011, 11:48 AM
nm

Phantom Stang
03-30-2011, 11:49 AM
"i just get a red X"

As should the person that put the letters on that sign.:D

waterboy
03-30-2011, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
whats the sign?

i just get a red X

The sign says:

Larry G. Smith Elementary School

BRING ON THE
TAKS TEST
WE ECCEPT THE
CHALLENGE

DALLAS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT

uncleB
03-30-2011, 12:20 PM
almost as funny as the ad taken out in the Gilmer Mirror a few years ago.... First National Bank had a pic of MLK and was simply trying to inform people that they would be closed in honor of MLK day...... I read....... WE BE CLOSED !!!!!! it made it to Jay Lenno!!!!!

bobcat1
03-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Credit goes to my lawyer friend Barry Green of Decatur who authors the blog "Liberally Lean In the Land of Dairy Queen".
He knows about most things in Wise Co. and the Metroplex before the media, and has some funny stuff. Tell Barry I said hi. I used play golf out at the Bay with him and those Washburn boys when he was DA.

Funny sign by the way!:D

waterboy
03-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by uncleB
almost as funny as the ad taken out in the Gilmer Mirror a few years ago.... First National Bank had a pic of MLK and was simply trying to inform people that they would be closed in honor of MLK day...... I read....... WE BE CLOSED !!!!!! it made it to Jay Lenno!!!!!
I must've missed that one! That's pretty funny! Maybe our resident Gilmer Mirror journalist, or photographer, on this here site can enlighten us on this snafu.:D

By the way, welcome to the downlow!!:clap: We need more East Texas folk on this here site, especially Buckeye fans!

buff4ever
03-30-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by uncleB

I was going to recommend this one get to Letterman

RMAC
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM
He knows about most things in Wise Co. and the Metroplex before the media, and has some funny stuff.

I too frequent his blog. Don't always agree with some things he has to say, but the "Random Thoughts" girls usually make up for it. ;)

NastySlot
04-01-2011, 02:50 PM
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/032911-motivational-misspelling-in-dallas-isd?obref=obinsite

from the article: In case you're not sure, that should be "accept" instead of "eccept."

Ernest T Bass
04-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Yeah...a "custodian". :rolleyes:

44INAROW
04-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Yeah...a "custodian". :rolleyes:
there they go, blaming the "help" :p

Ernest T Bass
04-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
there they go, blaming the "help" :p

Might have been a custodian who put the letters onto the sign, but no doubt in my mind someone in a "professional" position at least wrote the message this way,