PDA

View Full Version : Hey Royce TTU

ccmom
03-30-2011, 09:48 AM
I see that TTU is getting another Abilene boy. Could you ask the good folks of Lubbock to please be kind to this one? Thanks!! :D

RoyceTTU
03-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I see that TTU is getting another Abilene boy. Could you ask the good folks of Lubbock to please be kind to this one? Thanks!! :D

Check out this article

This was a great pickup. He's pretty dang good.

We were good to the other one also. If he wouldn't of taken his lumps like he did, he wouldn't of became the QB he became. If you compare his years, his senior year was great. He grew every year. There is a pretty good chance he might be a late round draft pick for the NFL.

http://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting-news/view/179064

ccmom
03-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Check out this article

This was a great pickup. He's pretty dang good.

We were good to the other one also. If he wouldn't of taken his lumps like he did, he wouldn't of became the QB he became. If you compare his years, his senior year was great. He grew every year. There is a pretty good chance he might be a late round draft pick for the NFL.

http://www.texasfootball.com/recruiting-news/view/179064

Nice article. :clap:

I guess it's all about perspective. I was at the Tech/OU game in 2009 and Potts was getting TRASHED by the fans. Remember that game? Tech won 41-13 and Potts had close to 400yds passing. I guess that's what they call "tough love". :p

RoyceTTU
03-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
Nice article. :clap:

I guess it's all about perspective. I was at the Tech/OU game in 2009 and Potts was getting TRASHED by the fans. Remember that game? Tech won 41-13 and Potts had close to 400yds passing. I guess that's what they call "tough love". :p

2009 he was like watching a roller coaster. You never knew when he would go into a INT meltdown.

2010 he was much more consistant. Too bad TTU had the 116th ranked defense in the nation to compliment him. He still led the offense to a top 10 ranked offense in the nation.

It was tough love and I had my moments, but all in all he turned out to be good, and seems to be a really good guy. There was rumors he was going to quit football and go into med school, but he has since decided to make a run. I hope he does well.

nobogey72
03-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Something unusual about this kid from Cooper that's going to TT is that he is a right handed QB, but he is a left-handed pitcher for their BB team. He is probably their best pitcher. Not sure I've ever heard of that before.

RoyceTTU
03-30-2011, 10:44 AM
That's pretty cool. I've never heard of that.

There used to be a pitcher from UT(I think) quite a few years ago that could pitch with both arms. I always thought that would be great.