PDA

View Full Version : wharton-431 total yds.- burnet - 413 total yds =burnet 70 wharton 37 please explain!!

war-town
11-23-2003, 01:17 PM
i will answer this later today tiger fan

bigdogsbulldogmom
11-23-2003, 01:37 PM
maybe the return teams had something to do with it

sinton66
11-23-2003, 01:42 PM
How about five stupid mistakes by Wharton that resulted in 30 points for Burnet. AKA "short field advantage".

bulldogvet85
11-23-2003, 01:53 PM
sinton66:
How about five stupid mistakes by Wharton that resulted in 30 points for Burnet. AKA "short field advantage".ypu thats prolly it especially when you start off the opening kickoff with TWO POINTS. that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

1team1dream
11-23-2003, 02:12 PM
mistakes are what kills teams last night burnet just had fewer mistakes. and that explosive offense and power D helps a lil. :D

3afan2K3
11-23-2003, 02:18 PM
bulldogvet85:

sinton66:
How about five stupid mistakes by Wharton that resulted in 30 points for Burnet. AKA "short field advantage".ypu thats prolly it especially when you start off the opening kickoff with TWO POINTS. that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.what??????

Pinnakle311
11-23-2003, 02:31 PM
1st 3 interceptions in McGee's season by Wharton. Give us some credit here.

sinton66
11-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Sorry, Pinnakle311, didn't mean that to sound so deragatory. I give you guys LOTS of credit. You did hang 37 on 'em, no one else has. Believe me, we've been there before too with the mistakes. I can definitely sympathize. wink

Hot Rod
11-23-2003, 02:40 PM
the defence was good at making big plays for both teams Burnet had moore errors in this game than any other they have played it all came down to the field position after the forced turnovers it was a good game wharton maybe next year . THE DAWGS ARE GOING BACK TO THE SHOW

20dawgz05
11-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Wharton was an outstanding team...yall did awsome i really enjoyed last nights game more than any this year it was awsome!!!!!... yall shouldnt go down with shame yall had a very good season and did a very good job against us!!!!!Good Luck next year!!!!

PAINTBALL
11-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Wharton has awesome talent, and I kept waiting for them to give up like everyone said they would. They didn't. Wharton, YOU HAD A GREAT TEAM THIS YEAR.
CONGRADUALATIONS ON PULLING YOUR SEASON TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR.

whrtntig1
11-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Burnet Fans--you guys are some classy folks up there! Thanks for the compliments--our boys really need them- They're really down this morning.I've got the quarterback in class right now and I'll relay the messages!

BHS#1
11-24-2003, 10:11 AM
All I can say about Wharton WOW. Go get'em next year!!!!

whrtntig1
11-24-2003, 10:51 AM
I just thought you should know that Kellen played the game with strep throat. He had been out for three days with it, and I think he played amazingly.

war-town
11-24-2003, 01:34 PM
answer is after seeing and reading about the game i believe the special team coach was bought out by burnet bulldogs!!!!

PPHSfan
11-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Like my daddy always told me. "Son, you gotta finish what you started."

Drives that end in turnovers or no points are just a good way to burn the clock.

BulldogGrl64
11-24-2003, 02:28 PM
bulldogvet85:

sinton66:
How about five stupid mistakes by Wharton that resulted in 30 points for Burnet. AKA "short field advantage".ypu thats prolly it especially when you start off the opening kickoff with TWO POINTS. that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.Yes I definitely have to agree that the opening kickoff was pretty sad. Wharton had a lot of mistakes throughout the game as well that really hurt them, but that opening kickoff......WOW!

Soleus
11-25-2003, 12:21 PM
war-town:
answer is after seeing and reading about the game i believe the special team coach was bought out by burnet bulldogs!!!!You gotta a lot of balls coming on here and accusing a coach of YOUR team getting bought out. Like a responded to in a earlier post of your, this isn't the NFL. Every coach helps with special teams. And don't you think that the mental mistakes made by the kids had nothing to do with coaching? The were just mental mistakes. Let it go.

war-town
11-25-2003, 02:34 PM
soleus, so what ur saying the kids choke. in my book it was lack of preparation on his part but i see u blame the kids first. u said get over it well this was the year of the tigers and we had the athletes to do it.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 02:42 PM
war-town, there is a huge difference in saying that there was lack of preparation on a coach's part and accusing him of being bought out by the other team. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sauer/angry-smiley-027.gif

playa 3
11-25-2003, 02:47 PM
There was definantly no buying coaches off going on. The players just made some bonehead plays in a big game. There is really no excuse for some of their mistakes.

whtfbplaya
11-25-2003, 03:07 PM
playa 3:
There was definantly no buying coaches off going on. The players just made some bonehead plays in a big game. There is really no excuse for some of their mistakes.I finally agree with something you said.

LH Panther Mom
11-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Some teams have at least one fan that likes to stir up a stink. Guess war-town is Wharton's. Congrats, Wharton, on your year and for being the first team to intercept McGee (in-bounds).

RiverRatDad
11-26-2003, 01:14 AM
War-town, you are so full of fertilizer! Even suggesting what you have said is ignorant. The players and the coaches have been busting their tails since August, and insinuating that a coach would do that is just stupid. Kids make mistakes.... that is the difference that playoff experience makes. Perhaps a Wharton coach cut you when you played and you still hold a grudge?

bc 76
11-28-2003, 07:26 AM
I know the Wharton special teams coach and he never would have done that,special teams play has been good all year its just happens that we had a bad night against Burnet,Wharton will have a good team next year the offense won't lose a beat the only thing they lose is some size they won't have the big kids like 6-6,6-3 kids but they will have some size but they will be faster on defense.If Wharton can just get over those mental mistakes with some dicipline they have state championship talent there good luck to coach Roberts & his staff next year.