PDA

View Full Version : Bellville over Sealy, Baseball and Softball!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Bellville boys beat Sealy in a close game last night to go to 3-0 by beating the Tigers 2-1. The brahmas won in the bottom of the 7th inning with a walk off hit by Kovar to end the game. Gaddy from Bellville pitched a no-hitter vs the Tigers.

Bellville girls beat the Tigers 4-3 in 8 innings.

rancher
03-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Cerny Ball at its best.

Red Bull
03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas for that was a big win last night. That was surely exciting there in the 7th and what a big hit by Kovar.

I am not sure that was was Cerny Ball at it's best. There were too many baserunning mistakes, too many errorrs on easy plays and not getting the sacrifice bunt down with two on and no outs was key as well.

I am just glad the pitcher, Gaddy, was rewarded in the end for his great performance on the mound.

XMan
03-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Great job by the Brahmas. When that wind kicked up from the north I was looking for some home runs. Bulls in the drivers seat.

hookandladder
03-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
Bellville boys beat Sealy in a close game last night to go to 3-0 by beating the Tigers 2-1. The brahmas won in the bottom of the 7th inning with a walk off hit by Kovar to end the game. Gaddy from Bellville pitched a no-hitter vs the Tigers.

My kinfolk providing the big game winning hit, nice job.

buff4ever
03-30-2011, 01:15 PM
FBB sucks

zebrablue2
03-30-2011, 08:26 PM

:clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
FBB sucks

Come on buff I cant help it your buffs got beat by Rockdale!

buff4ever
03-31-2011, 10:49 AM
Come on buff I cant help it your buffs got beat by Rockdale!

Sun/shine/dog's/butt

no just kidding, they played a good game and our guys couldn't hit their pitcher that night. Hopefully next time we play better.

Manso/V8
03-31-2011, 11:28 PM
That's great that Gaddy threw a no-hitter.
How did Sealy score their run?
Was it a combo of walks, errors, sacrifice bunt/fly?

nette_mom
04-01-2011, 05:27 AM
There was 1 out and an error which put a runner on then a walk. Then a ball hit to short for a double play but the throw from 2 nd to first was low and wide and them first threw it home wide and the runner scored! Up until that point it had been errorless ball, but that is how it usually happens!

tigerball4life
04-01-2011, 08:33 AM
1rst. let me say this, Great job of pitching by the Bellville kid.
2nd. this is not because it was Bellville and Sealy
I am just asking a question because I am not sure of the ruling here on a no hitter.
Wouldn't the kid that hit the ball to SS to start the double play get a hit because "you can't ASSUME a double play" wouldn't that be a "fielders choice" to go for the lead runner. I understand that the error and walk are part of the "no hitter" because they weren't hits but the kid hit the ball reached safely because the initial throw was to 2nd base to get that lead runner, if all that makes sense can a no hitter happen on a fielders choice (if that was in fact the proper ruling)
please no anti Sealy BS , just need a baseball guy to clear this up for me.
I also had questions on the Barret kids "Perfect game" as it was reported, how can you have a perfect game if it only goes 5 innings?

The Natural
04-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by tigerball4life
1rst. let me say this, Great job of pitching by the Bellville kid.
2nd. this is not because it was Bellville and Sealy
I am just asking a question because I am not sure of the ruling here on a no hitter.
Wouldn't the kid that hit the ball to SS to start the double play get a hit because "you can't ASSUME a double play" wouldn't that be a "fielders choice" to go for the lead runner. I understand that the error and walk are part of the "no hitter" because they weren't hits but the kid hit the ball reached safely because the initial throw was to 2nd base to get that lead runner, if all that makes sense can a no hitter happen on a fielders choice (if that was in fact the proper ruling)
please no anti Sealy BS , just need a baseball guy to clear this up for me.
I also had questions on the Barret kids "Perfect game" as it was reported, how can you have a perfect game if it only goes 5 innings?

I'm sure it was ruled a fielders choice. A fielders choice never counts as a hit.

957tiger
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM
[i] I also had questions on the Barret kids "Perfect game" as it was reported, how can you have a perfect game if it only goes 5 innings? [/B]

Since I was the one who posted the "perfect game" thread let clear this up for you and everyone else who have a hard time understanding the statement. The game only went 5 innings due to the fact the Tigers officially run ruled the Spartans as declared by the umpire 17-0 . During regulation play Barrett faced 15 batters. He officially struck out 13. Two infield ground ball outs were recorded. No walks and no errors were recorded. With that said the Tigers were awarded the win and based on the pitching of Barrett it was and still is a perfect, official and legally played game.

pirate4state
04-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by The Natural
I'm sure it was ruled a fielders choice. A fielders choice never counts as a hit. Correct

Love the username :thumbsup:

The Natural
04-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Correct

Love the username :thumbsup:

Heh, thank you.