PDA

View Full Version : We Just Thought Football Was Violent...(YouTube)

Bullaholic
03-29-2011, 02:09 PM
This hockey fight was between two Texas highschools, folks...

Texas HS Hockey Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYcjMPAOu_w&feature=player_embedded)

RoyceTTU
03-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
This hockey fight was between two Texas highschools, folks...

Texas HS Hockey Fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYcjMPAOu_w&feature=player_embedded)

Wow, that guy that cheapshot that kid at the front, got smashed. that was brutal. The coach/volunteer or whatever he was that fell cracked me up.

DDBooger
03-29-2011, 02:41 PM
Thugs :mad:

:D

I didn't know Texas had high school hockey.

Bullaholic
03-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by DDBooger
Thugs :mad:

:D

I didn't know Texas had high school hockey.

That's because you went to college on an academic scholarship....D

DDBooger
03-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
That's because you went to college on an academic scholarship....D :D

Still, that's kind of cool. Is it UIL sanctioned?

runtowin
03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
I think I would have been arrested if that was my kid that got blindsided. That punk would not have walked/skated out of there.

DDBooger
03-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
I think I would have been arrested if that was my kid that got blindsided. That punk would not have walked/skated out of there. Which one? The 1st or 2nd one? The 2nd hit was karma lol.

Dr Death
03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
The second blind side was just retaliation to the kid who had just blind sided someone else. Yep, Karma......
Non-UIL sanctioned sport. Never will be sanctioned, in my lifetime. This is more of a club sport in metro areas of Texas.

runtowin
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I think I missed the first one. On further review I retract my original statement. I wasn't there so I guess I will keep my mouth shut. Or should I say my fingers tied.

BaseballUmp
03-29-2011, 03:49 PM
Video removed...

44INAROW
03-29-2011, 03:52 PM
This video has been removed by the user. :(

RoyceTTU
03-30-2011, 12:48 PM
This story is growing some legs. I've heard it on a couple of prominent radio shows.

BreckTxLonghorn
03-30-2011, 12:58 PM
The kid who was blindsided the second time wasn't just knocked out for a second. Grade 3 concussion and a broken jaw - its now wired shut.

He deserved some retribution but the payback was malicious, and could get him arrested a la Todd Bertuzzi 2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Bertuzzi#Legal_actions). We should not be laughing or calling this karma; rather, we should be appalled that this was allowed to happen in the first place with no discipline involved.

Links:

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/Hockey-state-championship-game-ends-in-fight-118856054.html

http://deadspin.com/#!5786905/

Pmoney
03-30-2011, 08:31 PM
I hate that the kid got his jaw broken, but the keller player wasn't trying to break his jaw. So saying that we shouldn't say its karma is a little far. He did blindside a player right before that and he was only blindsided for retaliation because of his own actions. Again I don't like that he got severely injured, but we wouldn't be having this conversation if he didn't blindside the keller player in the first place.

Sweetwater Red
03-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
I hate that the kid got his jaw broken, but the keller player wasn't trying to break his jaw. So saying that we shouldn't say its karma is a little far. He did blindside a player right before that and he was only blindsided for retaliation because of his own actions. Again I don't like that he got severely injured, but we wouldn't be having this conversation if he didn't blindside the keller player in the first place.

This coming from a Colorado Avalanche fan. You do remember Claude Lemieux and his cheap
shot right? Then Darren McCarty about to wipe the rink with Claude and him turtle shelling?
The second kid got what he deserved and if Lemieux wasn't a sissy, he would have too.

DavidWooderson
03-30-2011, 10:18 PM
Yeah it's a club sport......mainly the rich schools in the DFW area that play. Plano schools, Frisco schools, Keller Schools, Southlake Carroll, Coppell, Flower Mound....then the privates like Jesuit, St. Marks, Nolan Catholic, Trinity Christian, etc....some of the school districts have combined teams, like there's a Denton team, from the 3 Denton schools, etc.

It's been pretty big around the Dallas area for 15 years or so....not sure about Austin, Houston, San Antonio areas, but it was just a few years after the Stars came to Dallas where it started to pop up. There are some really good players in the Dallas area that are starting to get looks by the Pro teams and by colleges. I know there are several playing in the Junior leagues and colleges up north. Craig Ludwig's (former Montreal Canadien and Dallas Star) boys both have played minors and one of them, Trevor Ludwig is with the Stars now, even played a few games with the big club, but is mainly with the Cedar Park team.

oldtownag
03-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Those kids were just emulating what they see in the pro game. If anyone is to blame it is pro hockey.

Dr Death
03-31-2011, 10:39 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
[B]The kid who was blindsided the second time wasn't just knocked out for a second. Grade 3 concussion and a broken jaw - its now wired shut.

He deserved some retribution but the payback was malicious, and could get him arrested a la Todd Bertuzzi 2004 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Bertuzzi#Legal_actions). We should not be laughing or calling this karma; rather, we should be appalled that this was allowed to happen in the first place with no discipline involved

Don't start none, won't be none!

I really believe this is a great lesson for us. With our funding crisis, I have seen people start calling for the separation of athletics and education. Some are calling for all of athletics to be removed from school and use a club sports sysytem that all involved must pay for without school funds. They also say to use volunteer coaches and people not involved with schools.
I think the thing that really sets Texas apart from all other states is the intergration of athletics with school. Most good coaches believe that athletics is part of the educational process and coach in order to see kids grow on many levels. When you remove athletics from schools and create different goals, like playing for athletics scholarships or just trying to create an elite team, you lose what all athletics can do for the many kids who can learn multiple life lessons.

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2011, 12:00 PM
haha, kid had it coming. 2nd kid wins.

Pmoney
03-31-2011, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
This coming from a Colorado Avalanche fan. You do remember Claude Lemieux and his cheap
shot right? Then Darren McCarty about to wipe the rink with Claude and him turtle shelling?
The second kid got what he deserved and if Lemieux wasn't a sissy, he would have too.

Lemieux got bloodied up and probably deserved worse. He did cheap shot Draper and deserved to get beat the hell out of. Side note, the rest of the fights during the McCarty/ Claude fight esp. the Roy vs Vernon were great. I also like to watch the Roy vs Osgood fight the next year.

Also I forgot to mention this to you. I finally got to go to my first NHL game as a gift and it was a Stars/Red Wings game. I figured you might be a little jealous haha

Sweetwater Red
03-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Lemieux got bloodied up and probably deserved worse. He did cheap shot Draper and deserved to get beat the hell out of. Side note, the rest of the fights during the McCarty/ Claude fight esp. the Roy vs Vernon were great. I also like to watch the Roy vs Osgood fight the next year.

Also I forgot to mention this to you. I finally got to go to my first NHL game as a gift and it was a Stars/Red Wings game. I figured you might be a little jealous haha

I still watch some of those fights on you tube. Lol

Nice! Hopefully I'll be able to make a Stars/Red Wings game
some day. Hopefully next year.

Pmoney
03-31-2011, 12:35 PM
I still watch some of those fights on you tube. Lol

Nice! Hopefully I'll be able to make a Stars/Red Wings game
some day. Hopefully next year.
yeah the game I went to was high scoring with the red wings winning 7-3.

Sweetwater Red
03-31-2011, 12:39 PM
yeah the game I went to was high scoring with the red wings winning 7-3.

Even better. Too bad the Avs and Stars are struggling. Those
are my favorite playoff series to watch. San Jose/Detroit not so
much. Lol

Pmoney
03-31-2011, 12:44 PM
Even better. Too bad the Avs and Stars are struggling. Those
are my favorite playoff series to watch. San Jose/Detroit not so
much. Lol
yeah the Avs got everyone's hopes up with last years turnaround but I figured it wouldn't be that easy to get back to where we were. Give it another year and the Avs will be back in the playoffs and on their way back to contending every year.

As for the Stars they are not out of it yet but they are running out of time

Sweetwater Red
03-31-2011, 12:53 PM
As for the Stars they are not out of it yet but they are running out of time

True. Three points out with seven games left. Who knows maybe
they'll catch Chicago.