PDA

View Full Version : Giddings, Caldwell, or Cameron

Milk That Cow
03-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Out of Giddings, Caldwell, and Cameron

Which is the better Football/Athletic Director Job?

Best Place to Live?

runtowin
03-29-2011, 07:30 AM
I would take any of them!

gtownfan
03-29-2011, 07:48 AM
It's pretty much a toss up between the three, but I would give the advantage to Giddings due to the facilities. The only thing lacking is a top notch baseball field.

Coach BS
03-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Giddings hands down

hookandladder
03-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Giddings hands down

Would have to agree.

NastySlot
03-29-2011, 08:48 AM
i ve always like the town of Caldwell..........but really I don't know if you could go wrong with any of those places......great locations.

Milk That Cow
03-29-2011, 10:26 AM
I had heard that Cameron was going to open...

If it does, then all three will be looking at the same time...

Old Tiger
03-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Cameron is a crappy place to live...no offense. Really not much the town has to offer. Athletically its probably the best job to take.

Giddings athletically is good and a good town.

Caldwell can only thrive in one type of system IMO and that is a wing t or slot t type of system. The town is okay and has one of the best pizza huts in the country(fully stocked bar).

I would say Giddings is the best job for an AD to take.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Cameron...yes a homer pick.

Yes, the football facilities are not that great but they are not terrible. Nice weight room and practice facility. The actual football field still does need some work along with parking.

One of the best 2A gyms in the state. Great softball field. Still need a new baseball field which will come soon I believe.

I think in Cameron you are going to best chance of winning. Loads of talent of the freshmen sophomore class. We will be young next year but the expectations are the same. Giddings is a also a great place to coach. Decent facilities and always a pretty decent talent pool.

As far as living in Cameron, I personally like it.

Old Tiger
03-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09

Yes, the football facilities are not that great but they are not terrible. Nice weight room and practice facility. The actual football field still does need some work along with parking.

I think in Cameron you are going to best chance of winning. Loads of talent of the freshmen sophomore class. We will be young next year but the expectations are the same. Giddings is a also a great place to coach. Decent facilities and always a pretty decent talent pool. Aside from Los Comales, cameron has nothing to offer a family.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Aside from Los Comales, cameron has nothing to offer a family.

This is a small town, what do you expect. If he wants he can live in Temple idc.

Who do you think should be our QB next year?

Old Tiger
03-29-2011, 11:01 AM
This is a small town, what do you expect. If he wants he can live in Temple idc.

Who do you think should be our QB next year? I say put DD at QB...he has an arm and he's your most athletic kid...so might as well put him there in case things break down he can make a play.

Johnny Utah
03-29-2011, 11:03 AM
In my opinion.....resume builder to move up quickly then you take the Cameron job (you will win in football!!). Giddings for a great 3a job that will get you a bigger job eventually or you can stay as long as you want if you win consistantly. Caldwell does not fit into the equation in my opinion. Much better jobs out there than Caldwell. Not bashing the place.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 11:03 AM
I say put DD at QB...he has an arm and he's your most athletic kid...so might as well put him there in case things break down he can make a play.

That is one possibility. There are probably 2 others that could get the spot.

Pendragon13
03-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Angelo's in Ft Worth anyone? Just sayin..

At any given time there are probably 50 BBQ joints in Texas that have the "best ribs ever" depending on when you go there. Consistency is not to be underrated..

Rabid Cougar
03-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Aside from Los Comales, cameron has nothing to offer a family.

I was raised there....wouldn't change my experinces for the world.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13

At any given time there are probably 50 BBQ joints in Texas that have the "best ribs ever" depending on when you go there. Consistency is not to be underrated..

Hmmmm

Old Tiger
03-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon13

At any given time there are probably 50 BBQ joints in Texas that have the "best ribs ever" depending on when you go there. Consistency is not to be underrated.. haha wrong thread....classic!

coach
03-29-2011, 11:32 AM
i'd say caldwell, but thats a homer pick for....i know some cool ppl from their and would kill for that job

tog
03-29-2011, 11:38 AM
I would pick Caldwell. I truly enjoyed my time there. Great people.

Rabid Cougar
03-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Question: Where did the Cameron coach go?

BaseballUmp
03-29-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Question: Where did the Cameron coach go?
1 out of 32 applicants to apply for the Bastrop Cedar Creek position...which won't begin football until the 2012 season

http://www.kmil.com/story.php?id=14490

As far as which town would be best, unfortunately I see the town of Giddings having more to offer than the other 2. There is no growth in Cameron, Caldwell seems old to me as well, and Giddings has a Whataburger

Saggy Aggie
03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Giddings has a Whataburger Deciding factor

Dogman_1969
03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
As far as the AD\HC job I would say:
1-Giddings
2-Cameron
3-Caldwell

As far as a place to raise a family:
1-Giddings
2-Caldwell
3-Cameron

gtownfan
03-29-2011, 12:20 PM
Plus I hear Giddings is bypassing getting a new Pizza Hut and going straight to Domino's!!! Going to be at the corner of 290 and FM 141.

I think that puts us over the top!

Rule #76
03-29-2011, 01:24 PM

One of the best 2A gyms in the state. Great softball field. Still need a new baseball field which will come soon I believe.

I think in Cameron you are going to best chance of winning. Loads of talent of the freshmen sophomore class. We will be young next year but the expectations are the same. Giddings is a also a great place to coach. Decent facilities and always a pretty decent talent pool.

As far as living in Cameron, I personally like it.

Decent facilities in Giddings? Really? All that says is you haven't been there since they built new high school, weight room, two gyms, and put in a turf field.

As far as best chance to win have to slightly disagree there too. Yes Cameron is good, but if they were to go back up to 3a then they wouldn't be as dominant.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76
Decent facilities in Giddings? Really? All that says is you haven't been there since they built new high school, weight room, two gyms, and put in a turf field.

As far as best chance to win have to slightly disagree there too. Yes Cameron is good, but if they were to go back up to 3a then they wouldn't be as dominant.

When I say decent I do not mean it in a bad way. The facilities at the football field are better than Cameron & Caldwell. Cameron has the better gym.

Id like to have Giddings on the schedule in 2 years.

buff4ever
03-29-2011, 03:17 PM
When I say decent I do not mean it in a bad way. The facilities at the football field are better than Cameron & Caldwell. Cameron has the better gym.

Id like to have Giddings on the schedule in 2 years.

Once again have you been to giddings in the last 18 months to see the facilities?

Homer here, but agree that giddings is best job of 3.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
Once again have you been to giddings in the last 18 months to see the facilities?

Homer here, but agree that giddings is best job of 3.

I have been to the football field and the gym....two very nice facilities.

87 TIGER
03-29-2011, 03:39 PM
1.Giddings Great football field, New Highschool, new gym, all the facilities are top notch, good community, they have the atheletes year in and year out, and pretty good in all sports not just football. Good place to live between college station and austin.

2. Cameron winning tradition, good talent , community support. Facilities not that great except for Gym and softball field. Living near temple and waco...Ewh

3. Caldwell I dont know, average talent, I give credit to Williams who made them play over thier potential,out dated school, gym, softball field. It's not a "bad" job just not as good as the other 2

Old Tiger
03-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Rule #76

As far as best chance to win have to slightly disagree there too. Yes Cameron is good, but if they were to go back up to 3a then they wouldn't be as dominant. they would have won the 3a district they would have been in last year.

We must remember that apparently Caldwell's field sits above an underground lake or something because that field is soaked in the middle of a drought.

1st and goal
03-29-2011, 07:24 PM
1)Giddings (Best facilities by far, Austin is 45-60 minutes away)
2)Caldwell (College Station only 25 minutes away, might move 'em to 3rd place cuz they won't let you walk out of a game and re-enter without paying again)...rearholes
3)Cameron (might move 'em up to 2nd cuz of how well they did last year)

If I was in the fray, I'd take any of them.

Caldwell_Raider
03-29-2011, 09:11 PM
football wise:
1) Giddings- always decent, have great facilities

2) Caldwell- kids there are motivated just need the right coach and system for it to work and they Caldwell has average facilities.

3) Cameron- below average facilities, but do have decent talent year in/out

Family:

1 a). Caldwell- Nice peaceful town 30 minutes out of College Station and an hour from Austin.

1 b). Giddings- Pretty much the same as Caldwell, couldn't go wrong raising a family in either town.

3). Cameron- Decent town, there is just hardly anything there, although they are close to Temple.

All three are pretty close and I would say a toss up. I'm partial to Caldwell since I was raised there. I tried to do this without being to homerish lol.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
I noticed Old Tiger brought up if we were in D23 this year we would have won it. Anyone have any different opinions on that?

Caldwell_Raider
03-29-2011, 09:17 PM
I noticed Old Tiger brought up if we were in D23 this year we would have won it. Anyone have any different opinions on that?

I agree somewhat, that I think Cameron would of won the district last year... but we'll never know, so no disrespect to Navasota.

OldBison75
03-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I agree that Cameron would have won the district in 3A last year. I said during the year that Cameron could have been a three deep playoff team in 3A and I stick by that comment.

coach
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider
I agree somewhat, that I think Cameron would of won the district last year... but we'll never know, so no disrespect to Navasota.

they would have won dis. 20 for sure

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Caldwell_Raider

We did play Navasota earlier in the year. I noticed a few things in 2A from 3A. The top level competition does not actually vary that much but when it comes to your districts, 3A is where you have the better competition normally. This is expected with larger schools with larger enrollments.

OldBison75
03-30-2011, 12:22 AM
There is no disrespect to Navasota in saying that Cameron wuld have won that district. Cameron beat Navasota on the field and on the road last year. No excuses---Cameron deserved to win that game. They were good enough to go deep in 3A playoffs, but were classified as 2A. I could see Cameron as a great matchup with Chapel Hill or Henderson as far as athletes are concerned. They might have had a numbers disadvantage, but Cameron's first 22 players were as good as anybody in 3A.