PDA

View Full Version : Coaching SC Premonitions

Bullaholic
03-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Do you think that HC's know when they have or will have a SC football caliber team? Coaches talk about their teams all the time, but how early do you think they have a pretty good idea that a certain group of players will have a real shot an an SC?

RoyceTTU
03-28-2011, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Do you think that HC's know when they have or will have a SC football caliber team? Coaches talk about their teams all the time, but how early do you think they have a pretty good idea that a certain group of players will have a real shot an an SC?

I bet they have a pretty good idea of the caliber of the team 2 years in advance. Maybe i'm wrong:confused:

Bullaholic
03-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I wonder how far ahead the Carthage, Henderson, Chapel Hill, and Brownwood coaches from these teams last year knew that they would be capable of playing for/winning a SC?

coach
03-28-2011, 11:31 AM
I wonder how far ahead the Carthage, Henderson, Chapel Hill, and Brownwood coaches from these teams last year knew that they would be capable of playing for/winning a SC?

Brownwood didn't play for a sc...they choked out to carthage...remember...it was 1st and goal and they couldn't get in the endzone...

RoyceTTU
03-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by coach
Brownwood didn't play for a sc...they choked out to carthage...remember...it was 1st and goal and they couldn't get in the endzone...

tough to play against 11 great players and a hand full of refs at the same time.

Ernest T Bass
03-28-2011, 11:36 AM
SC caliber? You never really know. So many factors go into that(luck being the biggest one). But you usually know a year or so in advance if you've got a team talented enough to have a chance.
But Ive also known some HCs who were suprised to make the playoffs ending winning the whole thing.

ccmom
03-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
tough to play against 11 great players and a hand full of refs at the same time. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Surely you can do better than that. Why is it so hard to say it was great game by two great teams and Brownwood came up a little short? :doh:

Black_Magic
03-28-2011, 11:46 AM
tough to play against 11 great players and a hand full of refs at the same time. oh boy. Here it comes now!! :rolleyes: take cover..:stirpot:

coach
03-28-2011, 11:49 AM
tough to play against 11 great players and a hand full of refs at the same time.

Hahaha check out my latest underrated post. This is a good laugh and it has made my day....

RoyceTTU
03-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Surely you can do better than that. Why is it so hard to say it was great game by two great teams and Brownwood came up a little short? :doh:

2 reasons, He came up with a lame excuse of bwd choking which we all knew that there wern't 2 better teams, we just happened to meet in the semi.

And when the ref personally writes your coach a letter of apology for botching more than 1 call it holds merit.

tough to play against 11 great players

and I guess you just had your blinders on when you quoted my response. really:rolleyes: I've said on more than one occasion how good the team is, but I guess you see what you want

coach
03-28-2011, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RoyceTTU
2 reasons, He came up with a lame excuse of bwd choking which we all knew that there wern't 2 better teams, we just happened to meet in the semi.

And when the ref personally writes your coach a letter of apology for botching more than 1 call it holds merit.

and I guess you just had your blinders on when you quoted my response. really:rolleyes: I've said on more than one occasion how good the team is, but I guess you see what you want [/QUOTE

So if I come to brownwood is that letter framed in the trophy case?

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM

and I guess you just had your blinders on when you quoted my response. really:rolleyes: I've said on more than one occasion how good the team is, but I guess you see what you want

I am sorry but what? Is there any report about the ref writing the coach a letter of an apology? Because if he did I am assuming he did the same to Carthage coach as well since they were hit with some questionable calls as well

RoyceTTU
03-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Bob Shipley has talked about the letter in public in more than 1 occasion including the sports banquet where I was in attendence. For me that's enough for a public figure that I tust within our community. For nay-sayers, your free to prove me wrong by contacting him or the ref directly to get a different store and I'll gladly admit my mistake.

Txbroadcaster
03-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Bob Shipley has talked about the letter in public in more than 1 occasion including the sports banquet where I was in attendence. For me that's enough for a public figure that I tust within our community. For nay-sayers, your free to prove me wrong by contacting him or the ref directly to get a different store and I'll gladly admit my mistake.

so please explain ALL the bad calls..I know the whole play in the endzone was questionable..but what other calls were SOOOO BAAAD the ref would feel the need to to apologize? And I have NEVER heard of a ref writing a letter in the first place..and if they did IMO it would have to be sooo bad of a call HE MADE

I doubt the ref would apologize for the call in the endzone because he himself did not make it.

ccmom
03-28-2011, 12:07 PM

Well, I guess I touched a nerve. :eek: :eek:

bobcat1
03-28-2011, 01:06 PM
Well, I guess I touched a nerve. :eek: :eek: Yep and I am just :1popcorn:

Ernest T Bass
03-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Well, I guess I touched a nerve.

Ive heard you're good at that ;)

BwdLion73
03-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Well it was a good game. I watched it again on DVR last week and felt just as bad as I did that day. :(

I thought about it for a bit and erased it. ;)

coach
03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

She "touched" mine on 6th street a few weeks ago

ccmom
03-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

Don't believe everything you read on the bathroom wall...especially in Snyder! :eek: ;)

Old Tiger
03-28-2011, 02:12 PM
lol wow brownwood seems like it sux

Ranger Mom
03-28-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally posted by coach

They (Brownwood) were still capable of playing/winning a SC. "Capable" was the key word in that question, IMO!!

coach
03-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
They (Brownwood) were still capable of playing/winning a SC. "Capable" was the key word in that question, IMO!!

you are correct, i misread the post. sorry bwood peeps

Additup
03-28-2011, 07:31 PM
SC teams have a great Jr. class and a special sophomore or two. Seniors usually play the way you need them to, but the key is underclassmen playing like Srs.