PDA

View Full Version : Celina OL Raulerson Impresses at UA Combine

Matthew328
03-28-2011, 09:30 AM
From Rivals.com

Michael Richardson was another star from DeSoto.
Echols was not the only DeSoto prospect to perform well on Sunday. Defensive end Michael Richardson was one of the top players at his position as well. Even though the 6-foot-2, 228-pound junior plans to move to linebacker at Texas A&M, he decided to work out at his current position at the camp.

"It was really good competition out here," Richardson said. "The O-line, they gave it to the D-line for the most part. The D-line, we came back though. We did well. I had some good matchups with that young kid."

The "young kid" to which Richardson referred is Celina (Texas) offensive tackle Jake Raulerson. The 6-foot-4, 231-pound sophomore has a lean frame at the moment but is incredibly strong. Playing both center and tackle on the day, the class of 2013 prospect was perhaps the most impressive offensive lineman in attendance.

Raulerson has already been offered by SMU and is receiving interest from a number of other schools, including TCU, Texas and Oklahoma State. He is also a lifelong Florida fan.

"I've always loved Florida," Raulerson said. "I want to go out there to Friday Night Lights. That would be my dream. I think I want to stay a little closer to home for school though. I'd say my early top three is TCU, Texas and SMU. I'm also going to Oklahoma this Wednesday with my teammate, Josh Baggett."

As far as his performance on the day, Raulerson thought he did well.

"The kid that's committed to A&M, he called me out," he said of Richardson. "He wanted to go up against me after watching me against some other guys. I got him in the first rep. He tried to make a move on me and I got my feet back and cut him off. He got me on a bull rush the second time. It was a lot of fun. I did well today."

orange machine
03-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Any video on this?

bobcat1
03-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks Matt. Good report. :clap: :clap: :clap:

gatordaze
03-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by orange machine
Any video on this?

Jake Raulerson Under Armour Overall MVP and All-Combine OL (http://texas.scout.com/2/1059660.html)

Unfortunately, this is on the UT Scout Premium site. I think any Scout subscription will get you there. The link next to his name in the article will show him in action and include an interview.

This is a snipit from the article...

Overall MVP:

Jake Raulerson - Celina – no player impressed his fellow campers more than Raulerson. If guys didn’t know who he was, they asked, if they did, they would rave about him being only a sophomore. At just 230, this offensive tackle has a lot of food to put down in the future, but already holds his own in the trenches.

They say he will be 300 lbs+ when its all done. He is 6'4 3/4 and 231 now with a 6'9" wing span and still growing at 16 years old.

I guess that I could be a little proud and in awe of his progress.

bobcat1
03-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Jake Raulerson Under Armour Overall MVP and All-Combine OL (http://texas.scout.com/2/1059660.html)

Unfortunately, this is on the UT Scout Premium site. I think any Scout subscription will get you there. The link next to his name in the article will show him in action and include an interview.

This is a snipit from the article...

Overall MVP:

Jake Raulerson - Celina – no player impressed his fellow campers more than Raulerson. If guys didn’t know who he was, they asked, if they did, they would rave about him being only a sophomore. At just 230, this offensive tackle has a lot of food to put down in the future, but already holds his own in the trenches.

They say he will be 300 lbs+ when its all done. He is 6'4 3/4 and 231 now with a 6'9" wing span and still growing at 16 years old.

I guess that I could be a little proud and in awe of his progress. Awesome Gatordaze. I bet they can't wipe that grin off your face. :clap: :clap: :clap: