PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Softball Field Over the Fence Home Run Family

Phil C
03-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Some of this is research and even my sources don't always agree but still a poor record is better than no record at all. In one case I don't know the name and in two even the year for sure. Please post the corrections but we need names and years please.

Due to southeast wins homeruns over the fence at the Sinton Softball Field are rare. Sometimes there are in field home runs and there are hits that had the potential to go over the fence but that southeast win catches the ball and makes it drop short.

In almost fourteen years there are as far as I know and have found out 4 members of the Sinton Sofball Over the Fence Home Run Family. They are as follows:

1. 2000 Unknow player from Orange Grove. And it could be in 1999. I have asked in the Orange Grove Letter to the Editor a please for help but no response. This may be forever a mystery.
By the way I was told Sinton won the game anyway.

2. 2000 Tracy Garcia of Sinton. I am not completely sure about the year though.

3. 2008 After a long drought Kayla Dunlap of Sinton hits one over the fence. I was so awed I ran out behind the fence and delivered the ball to her.

4. 2010 Samatha Walsh of Ingleside became the fourth member of the family as she hit a solid one over the fence.

There have been games where the wind was not a factor but even then home runs over the fence are difficult for some reason. I don't know about the first two members but I do know that the last two ones I had the honor to see in person and both of those runs were against the wind which make them more remarkable.

Sweetwater Red
03-27-2011, 08:52 PM
I can't answer any of those questions Phil and to be honest I'm guessing not many folks can.
But, I'd just wanted to say that y'alls new softball and baseball fields would make of the 5A schools
jealous up here in West Texas. The new turf on the football field looks great too.

MustangFootball
03-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Some of this is research and even my sources don't always agree but still a poor record is better than no record at all. In one case I don't know the name and in two even the year for sure. Please post the corrections but we need names and years please.

Due to southeast wins homeruns over the fence at the Sinton Softball Field are rare. Sometimes there are in field home runs and there are hits that had the potential to go over the fence but that southeast win catches the ball and makes it drop short.

In almost fourteen years there are as far as I know and have found out 4 members of the Sinton Sofball Over the Fence Home Run Family. They are as follows:

1. 2000 Unknow player from Orange Grove. And it could be in 1999. I have asked in the Orange Grove Letter to the Editor a please for help but no response. This may be forever a mystery.
By the way I was told Sinton won the game anyway.

2. 2000 Tracy Garcia of Sinton. I am not completely sure about the year though.

3. 2008 After a long drought Kayla Dunlap of Sinton hits one over the fence. I was so awed I ran out behind the fence and delivered the ball to her.

4. 2010 Samatha Walsh of Ingleside became the fourth member of the family as she hit a solid one over the fence.

There have been games where the wind was not a factor but even then home runs over the fence are difficult for some reason. I don't know about the first two members but I do know that the last two ones I had the honor to see in person and both of those runs were against the wind which make them more remarkable.

hey Phil C, I saw Sam hit that home-run against pearsal in the playoff game in sinton last year i think she hit one in like in every round of the playoffs last-year i know in three rounds for sure....oh well she has another chance this year, she has a big bat for not a very big girl.....our pitcher chelsea claypool hit a home-run in there last game against goliad with runners on second and third.....and Samantha had bases loaded and a chance to get a grandslam and hit the left field fence.she brought 3 runs in and made it to third. so look out for those two to try to add to your record.:D

Phil C
03-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I can't answer any of those questions Phil and to be honest I'm guessing not many folks can.
But, I'd just wanted to say that y'alls new softball and baseball fields would make of the 5A schools
jealous up here in West Texas. The new turf on the football field looks great too.

Thank you Red and it was great getting to meet you last week.

DavidWooderson
03-28-2011, 08:54 AM
Only had 4 hit them over the fence in 11 years? Wow Pilot Point has a girl that has already hit 3 this year.....she's a freshman too.

MustangFootball
03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
Only had 4 hit them over the fence in 11 years? Wow Pilot Point has a girl that has already hit 3 this year.....she's a freshman too.

WOW!!! as a freshman that's impressive. :D

DavidWooderson
03-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah not all that big either....just a quick bat.

lv2937
03-28-2011, 03:41 PM
So far this year i have seen at least 30 homeruns. In one tourney, their was 15 over the fence HR. Was only a 200 ft fence. Seen 4 HR in Gatesville in one game. Burnet as a team has hit 11HR. I think you will see alot of HR,s with the picthing mound being moved back 3 ft.

Sweetwater Red
03-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Thank you Red and it was great getting to meet you last week.

The feeling is mutual Phil. You were on my short list of posters I wanted to meet. :)

NastySlot
03-28-2011, 07:19 PM
a coaching buddy...told me they have a freshman with three in the regular season and had two during scrimmages.

NastySlot
03-28-2011, 07:23 PM
best I've ever seen was the the 07 Boerne team that won the 4A title..........if I remember right they had 47 on the season.........those were some athletic girls.

pirate4state
03-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
Only had 4 hit them over the fence in 11 years? Wow Pilot Point has a girl that has already hit 3 this year.....she's a freshman too. The wind blows in making it very difficult to hit a HR at our field. I think Phil's typo in his original post might have something to do with your shock/confusion? ;)

OnceABucJr
03-29-2011, 07:50 AM
BPhill made a typo?

Phil C
03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
In an unusual start this year we have thus far had two home runs over the fence. One was by Calallen's Sevanna Saenz and another by Corpus Christi Carroll's Alexis Gonzalez so that makes 6 so far. They didn't have the usual wind resistance but you have to give them credit for taking advantage. Well done ladies.

MustangFootball
03-07-2013, 12:16 AM
Hey Phil, I just saw on Facebook that Samantha Walsh just smashed home run against the longhorns tonight in the deepest part of the field, as the Ragin Cajuns vist the University of Texas in Austin.... The Ragin Cajuns trail 5-1 but she has their only score so far.
Way to go Sam!!!!

panfan
03-07-2013, 10:31 AM
So far this year i have seen at least 30 homeruns. In one tourney, their was 15 over the fence HR. Was only a 200 ft fence. Seen 4 HR in Gatesville in one game. Burnet as a team has hit 11HR. I think you will see alot of HR,s with the picthing mound being moved back 3 ft.

For LH Varsity this season, I believe we have 7 total HRs, 3 from one girl and one of those was a Grand Slam (sophomore :2thumbsup) .
For LH JV we have three this season, two from freshmen, and one from a sophmore (my kid - get to brag a bit since all fans said it was a monster - high and way long over fence....I missed it :crying: ).

And yes with that extra three feet to see the ball, batters are going yard with it cause they have just a wee bit more time to hit that "just right" pitch. Good luck to all teams this season.

Phil C
03-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Tonight according to the schedule the Sinton Lady Pirates play in Sinton against 5A Corpus Christi King. It is windy. I predict no home runs over the fence tonight.

Phil C
03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Tonight according to the schedule the Sinton Lady Pirates play in Sinton against 5A Corpus Christi King. It is windy. I predict no home runs over the fence tonight.

Sinton won 7 to 5 and I was right about no home runs over the fence as it was windy. We probably won't have any more this year as the SE winds are coming.