PDA

View Full Version : Coach Rhoades to Bastrop

87 TIGER
03-27-2011, 04:12 PM
I just heard Rhoades has moved on to Bastrop, anyone out there know for sure?

Ernest T Bass
03-27-2011, 04:24 PM
It would have to be Cedar Creek, the new school out there. I had heard a rumor about this. He must want out of Cameron BADLY, b/c CC didn't come anywhere close to winning a game other than a private school out of San Antone.

RoyceTTU
03-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Is this the same Coach Rhodes that coached under Stapler and Freeman in Brownwood? For the life of me I can' t remember his first name

BEAST
03-27-2011, 05:23 PM
How name is Jeff. Is this the same guy that gotmthe job?

BEAST

87 TIGER
03-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Where are the yoe fans?? I heard this from an athelete in Cameron anyone out there know anything for sure?

Yoe_09
03-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I have heard this "rumor". I have no idea if it is official yet but there has been a lot of talk. There is still A LOT of talent coming up for the Yoemen over the next few years.

Cedar Creek Article (http://bastropadvertiser.com/2011/03/24/cameron-yoes-rhoades-among-list-of-32-applicants-for-cchs-job/)

87 TIGER
03-27-2011, 08:15 PM
It's official just got confirmation.

Yoe_09
03-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
It's official just got confirmation.

from?

87 TIGER
03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
He is on the staff. I had already heard this earlier from a player. Now it's for sure. I'm sure there will be lots that apply , or will they hire from within?

Yoe_09
03-27-2011, 08:27 PM
He is on the staff. I had already heard this earlier from a player. Now it's for sure. I'm sure there will be lots that apply , or will they hire from within?

Sapp???..lol na I think he is getting close to retiring himself. I do not believe that we would hire from within.

87 TIGER
03-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
Sapp???..lol na I think he is getting close to retiring himself. I do not believe that we would hire from within. No not sapp, just saying I got confirmation from a guy on the staff. Just wondering if they might hire from within. Wasnt one of the asst. coaches son the backup QB ? I don't know maybe the DC , or OC , Just seeing what the locals take on it is.

Yoe_09
03-27-2011, 08:33 PM
No not sapp, just saying I got confirmation from a guy on the staff. Just wondering if they might hire from within. Wasnt one of the asst. coaches son the backup QB ? I don't know maybe the DC , or OC , Just seeing what the locals take on it is.

He would be the leading candidate IMO if we were to hire within....but Rhoades is the one that brought him in...so he may follow. There are some notable guys that applied last time that I would not mind have as our AD.

87 TIGER
03-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Wonder if any of those guys are still avail. Who are they and where did they go?

Yoe_09
03-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Wonder if any of those guys are still avail. Who are they and where did they go?

Acording to what ive heard they would not be going anywhere....but with this job it could change....who knows.

Coach BS
03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I guess rhoades got what he wanted out of Cameron for his son, now he's moving his daughters out a there.

Coach BS
03-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Wheres all the cameron folk with thier opinions , whos happy , whos mad , whos surprised ?? come on guys this guy was only here 2 years took us to state with his son acted like he diddnt want to go anywhere and now hes gone.
:mad:

CenTexSports
03-29-2011, 08:28 AM
I have not seen an official announcement but if it is true that he is leaving then:

I think that when he almost got the Temple job, everybody knew it was going to happen (today, tomorrow or next month). He did a great job and took them to the championship game. What is there to complain about. If he left the year before without getting them there and a really good team coming up then they might feel slighted but he didn't.

Good luck to Coach. Cameron as a town isn't a great destination or a draw to bring people in but as a football school it is a place that good coaches want to be. The current school board is a pretty good one and they will make a good choice.

BaseballUmp
03-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Wheres all the cameron folk with thier opinions , whos happy , whos mad , whos surprised ?? come on guys this guy was only here 2 years took us to state with his son acted like he diddnt want to go anywhere and now hes gone.
:mad:

At this point he is still just an applicant at Cedar Creek. Nothing is official that he has gotten the job, but as a coach, he has done some great things that I did not think were possible with this group of seniors. What a significant change in the character of them. Before he was here, I saw them all as cocky ignorant and whiny. He came in and motivated them to work together. You could clearly tell that there was a change from before to now. Not to mention he lead cameron to its 1st state championship game in 20 years albeit at the 2A level but we can't really do anything about that. Dang fine coach and motivational leader for these kids and I don't think he has done anything but set a positive example for these kids. I think he realizes that his son is graduating and it's time for him to go somewhere else that can benefit himself and his family. I don't fault the guy one bit for trying to better himself in a coaching stance. Sure Cedar Creek hasn't played a single play yet, but look how far Bryan Rudder has come along. In a few years you never know what could happen...that is if he gets the job.

Yoe_09
03-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Hold Everything. According to reports Coach Rhoades has turned down the job.

PutMeInCoach
03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
What reports? Give us some proof.

Ernest T Bass
03-31-2011, 11:14 AM
Whether he turned it down or wasn't offered, he's not going.

Yoe_09
03-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by PutMeInCoach
What reports? Give us some proof.

http://kmil.com/story.php?id=14514