PDA

View Full Version : Jasper vs Bridge City

spiveyrat
11-23-2002, 11:30 PM
An old rivalry re-ignited!

Bulldog92
11-24-2002, 12:37 AM
Any ideas about when and where this game will take place? I think this could be a pretty good game unless the vaunted Bulldog defensive line can contain Peebles. In that case, it could be a long night for the Cardinals. I think it's tight for a half, but Jasper has way too much for Bridge City to contain for a full 4 quarters. Jasper 30, BC 17...

spiveyrat
11-24-2002, 12:50 AM
Agreed.

But I think it will be more like
Jasper 36
Bridge City 10

It could be in a number of places... Lamar, SHSU, Conroe, maybe the dome???

White&Crimson
11-24-2002, 01:02 AM
When I talked to my mom and dad about it, they said it would most likely be held in the Beaumont area. *shrugs* But who knows...could be somewhere else. Regardless, I'll pack some leftover turkey sandwiches in the car and make this trip for sure! :D

Bulldog92
11-24-2002, 01:22 AM
I'm thinking Lamar is pretty likely. We're the last two teams in the playoffs in that general area, I think, so it makes sense to me. We played WOS there when I was a freshman in '88 and even though we lost, it seemed like a quality place to play a game. I hope it's Friday night, though. Waiting for a Saturday game kinda sucks. :D

3ABirdMan
11-24-2002, 01:39 AM
Aas of yet this season, there haven't been any play-off gaames at Lamar. Wonder if the field is in good enough shape?

How about Silsbee's new field? Is it big enough? Driven by, but haven't been in.

exbccards76'smom
11-24-2002, 01:43 AM
From what I heard, They would like to play it at Silsbee. They tried to get the Barber's Hill game there. That stadium is fine, the finest one in this area. It would be perfect location for both. But we won't know till Monday I guess. :D

mojjo_1
11-24-2002, 01:51 AM
From what I've heard it's either Conroe, Spring, Aldine, or the dome.

JASPER- GYM
11-24-2002, 01:54 AM
BC WILL BE LUCKY TO SCORE 10 I LOOK FOR ANOTHER SHUTOUT UNLESS WE TURN THE BALL OVER AND GIVE THEM ONE. LETS FACE IT, THE ONLY REASON BC IS HAVING ANY SUCCESS IS BECAUSE THEY DROPPED TO 3A. THEY SURE DIDNT HAVE ANY BEFORE. OH, UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 1964. I PREDICT JASPER 38 BC 0 THROUGH 3 QUARTERS AND JASPER JV-FRESHMAN 12 BC 7 IN THE 4th QUARTER. AND I HEARD BC WANTED TO PLAY AT WOS, IF THAT IS THE CASE WE SHOULD JUST SPANK THEM IN BC.

exbccards76'smom
11-24-2002, 02:07 AM
Should we just roll over and play dead for YOU???
Our guys will be ready to come out and play. They will give it all they have. And win or whatever, we will still back our guys. See ya' next week.

Love from exbccards76's mom.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2002, 02:09 AM
From what i overheard some of the coaches saying....there shooting for silsbe on Sat. at 7:30. Thats fine with me but dear Lord please dont let us play in the dome.

JHS_c/o_06'
11-24-2002, 02:14 AM
Oh, by the way JASPER 37 BRIDGE CITY 0

mechanic
11-24-2002, 02:22 AM
Spivey Rat had the pleasure of sitting by bear kat dad at the game Sat. night we did have fun. Oh yeah BC let`s get ready to rumble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. eek! P.S. Let`s hope they play in a real stadium with plenty of room because we are going to need it.

PurpleEagles02
11-24-2002, 02:29 AM
I say the score is going to be pretty much like tonights...Jasper 46 Bridge City 0. There is no chance for BC to break through Jasper's defense...and as for Peebles...if Newton can stop him I assure u Jasper can! GO DAWGS!!

P.S. Better go ahead and get the shirts printed and the rings made...Jasper Bulldogs 2002 STATE CHAMPS!!!

exbccards76'smom
11-24-2002, 02:39 AM
From what I heard of the weather forecasts for here next weekend, the dome might be pleasant. forecasting rain starting Weds. and the highs only in the 40's. The cold I can handle, but rain and cold is tough!!

St. Ivender
11-24-2002, 03:02 AM
Sorry Bridge City, you will be Jasper's next sacrificial lamb. It will be a blood bath. I think BC has been winning with smoke and mirrors. Jasper's Waterloo will be in the semifinals or the championship game if they get that far.

Birdman
11-24-2002, 03:22 AM
Smoke and mirrors????? You are showing very little respect for the opponents that have been "fooled" by the Cardinals! Jasper is a very good team but not unbeatable. Strake Jesuit showed us that. I have great respect for the Bulldogs but many of their fans show an arrogance on this board that would make one think that they could take on any college team. Several Bulldog posters have been on the board all year and although confident are quick to show respect to their opponents. Some of the "newcomers" to the board seem more intent on classless trash-talking. Back off a bit but have fun. There are only 8 D-1 teams left!! Looking forward to a good SouthEast Texas football game next week!

snowsnake
11-24-2002, 04:04 AM
JHS_c/o_06':
From what i overheard some of the coaches saying....there shooting for silsbe on Sat. at 7:30. Thats fine with me but dear Lord please dont let us play in the dome.Talked to the coaches at the field house after game and its the DOME all the way, probably Saturday at 1:00. GO DAWGS!!!!

bearkatdad
11-24-2002, 08:19 AM
Silsbee is fine with me....good stadium...easy to get to from here and from Brodge City.....mechanic...save me a seat...and I'll bring more peanuts..

Reveille
11-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Art Lay and Coach Brack were saying it would more than likely be the dome before they went off the air last night.

bearkatdad
11-24-2002, 08:59 AM
The Dome,SHSU,Conroe....whatever...we'll go even if it's at the Parkdale Mall parking lot..the Dawgs will be ready!!!
spiveyrat...Ricky Davis said to say "Hi" to you..

ej2525
11-24-2002, 11:48 AM
All I hear from the Jasper smack talkers is Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah!!! And Jasper-Gym, before you run your mouth about your vast knowledge of BC's history make sure you have your facts straight! (Open mouth - insert foot)

southern_thunder
11-24-2002, 12:05 PM
No smack, no trash just a prediction.

Jasper 50+
BC 0

Just the opinion of a fan, if I didnt have confidence in my team what kind of fan would I be.

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 12:09 PM
JASPER- GYM:
BC WILL BE LUCKY TO SCORE 10 I LOOK FOR ANOTHER SHUTOUT UNLESS WE TURN THE BALL OVER AND GIVE THEM ONE. LETS FACE IT, THE ONLY REASON BC IS HAVING ANY SUCCESS IS BECAUSE THEY DROPPED TO 3A. THEY SURE DIDNT HAVE ANY BEFORE. OH, UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 1964. I PREDICT JASPER 38 BC 0 THROUGH 3 QUARTERS AND JASPER JV-FRESHMAN 12 BC 7 IN THE 4th QUARTER. AND I HEARD BC WANTED TO PLAY AT WOS, IF THAT IS THE CASE WE SHOULD JUST SPANK THEM IN BC.Jasper Gym, you are definitely trivia challenged when it comes to discussing football on this board....Let me further break it down to you. I would bet your a kid, you don't play the game, nor probably ever have, and you pop off at the mouth without ever really researching what your talking about. Translation.....your an idiot! Let's see, Bridge City when they were 4A were always the smallest enrollment school in that district, almost in the state. Oh by the way, it was 1966 when they won state. Bridge City has been beating 4A teams this year, last year and the year before. It's not because we have just dropped down. And I can tell you this, to show arrogance like you have displayed, not only makes the Jasper program look bad, but it disrespects all the fine people of Jasper, because people only see arrogance coming out of Jasper. Jasper has a great program, and my Cardinals will defintely be the underdog, however, they are a successful football program, and have beat good quality teams this year. Before you post try this....research what your talking about, KNOW what your talking about, and try not to come across as too much of an arrogant ---! Fill in the blanks. Peace

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: BigRed01 ]</small>

labrat99
11-24-2002, 12:17 PM
These Jasper fans have a lot of class. It's just that it's all LOW!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2002, 12:18 PM
I would like to see jasper take on burnet or sinton, but after all the smack these jasper fans talk without any respect to thier opponents, i would love to BC knock the smack out of ya'll. most likely wont happen but at least respect your opponents.

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan_inAustin ]</small>

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 12:20 PM
You know all this great smack talking by Jasper, is going to be really sweet for BC. We are 11-1, and rolling just fine. I pick BC 21 Jasper 20. Only because Jasper cannot kick a field goal. Keep on talking all the smack you want. It surely will make it that much sweeter if Bridge City wins. I think Jasper has the advantage, but you aren't perfect, and every dog has his day. You are knee deep in the playoffs where anyone, including Jasper can be defeated. You did great against Mexia, and Cameron, but it will only get harder from now on out. I pick my Cardinals over you, because if they players feel the same way that some of these posters do, your arrogance will be your demise. Never overlook one team from here on out. The only people left, can really motor.

bearkatdad
11-24-2002, 12:33 PM
I checked in Funk & Wagnall and in Webster dictionaries..neither described "smack" the way Big Red and Sinton fan uses it...they must use diff dictionary.. Jasper 35 BC 0...about the same score Newton 'smacked' BC.

classof 85
11-24-2002, 12:37 PM
Jasper Gym - As I recall you guys just dropped down also, so are you saying that you don't think Jasper would have been doing as well if still in 4A.
I'll Buy that,you lost to a prvate 4A school.I just can't believe you would down your own team.
Here's your sign , of course Jasper would still be A good team. Bridge city would have also been a good 4A team the last 3 years.
Good luck Jasper we'll see you Satrday.

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 12:43 PM
bearkatdad:
I checked in Funk & Wagnall and in Webster dictionaries..neither described "smack" the way Big Red and Sinton fan uses it...they must use diff dictionary.. Jasper 35 BC 0...about the same score Newton 'smacked' BC.My dictionary also has another word in it, it's called IDIOT. I am sure your familiar with that one. I actually really do enjoy this smack talking. I am telling you the crow that will be eaten.......I guess crow will be on the indangered species level in SE Texas after this one.

labrat99
11-24-2002, 12:45 PM
What happened at Strake-Jesuit? Did you send your JV or Freshman team down there by mistake as you guys have hinted you might do to whip those talentless BC Cardinals?

Bulldog92
11-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Don't paint us all with the same brush, guys. There have been a lot of kids on here lately that just don't know any better. Most of us know Bridge City has a very good football team and that it ought to be a very good football game next weekend. We were all kids once...and I bet we were all cocky like that at one point in our lives, too. We just didn't have the same outlet to show it like these kids do. Cut them a little slack. :)

spiveyrat
11-24-2002, 12:53 PM
NO NO, not the Dome!!! That always seems to put the nail in the coffin for Jasper.

C'mon guys, it is possible to talk smack without all the senseless name-calling.

Looks like this topic is going to get a lot of visitors this week. Hope the server can handle it! wink

Go DAWGS!

Jason1725
11-24-2002, 12:56 PM
You know the saying everytown has one but it looks like there are some towns missing theirs. Who these new guys are I don't know but you would think they would learn from the likes of Cameron, Dibol, and Newton. The more you talk the more you have to eat. Now if the other team starts it then it's on no doubt. I will have to wait and see what kind of team you guys have but I believe Jasper will win. The team however isn't looking past anyone so don't judge that by these new posters. Jasper will be ready no doubt, if it is in the Dome that only means it's time to get that monkey off our backs.

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 12:57 PM
bearkatdad:
I checked in Funk & Wagnall and in Webster dictionaries..neither described "smack" the way Big Red and Sinton fan uses it...they must use diff dictionary.. Jasper 35 BC 0...about the same score Newton 'smacked' BC.You know I got to looking at your posts....the score was 21-0, and Newton scored on the last play of the game to go up to 21. This game was pretty early in the season. Do you think your a better team than when Strake beat you, of course you are. It was early in the season. I think your defense is much stronger now. Course I don't know why I am explaining this to you, you obviously know alot about BC. You come across that you are well researched, smart about the game, and give good analogies. I really am impressed with your knowledge, between you and Jasper Gym, you guys must be the academic scholars of the town. :D :D :D

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2002, 01:42 PM
yep hes the smack daddy of jasper. :D :D :D good luck to both teams

Sinton_Playa 70
11-24-2002, 02:30 PM
i think this would be a good game. It's not necessarily a one sided battle. Bridge City is a good team otherwise they would not be in the regional finals. I think the Jasper players will not overlook them because if they do than they will lose. Bridge City is coming Jasper!! We played them last year in the State Semifinals and despite the score they played a good game. Our offensive coordinator tried to either motivate us or scare us with their district track results in 2001, but we shut those guys down. Some of those guys have speed. Jasper you guys are a 3A powerhouse but Bridge City is no pushover. Play hard and hopefully we'll be seeing you guys in the near future if not Burnet will. Good luck to both teams.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

snowsnake
11-24-2002, 03:09 PM
The idea that Jasper is looking past BC is completely ludicrous. We are looking directly at you and its like seein' a deer in the head lights. We are gonna take your films, analyze all your weaknesses, develop a great game plan and put a SE TEXAS, Crow stuffin', whoopin on ya. Then we will see what bird is put on the endangered species list. Probably a cardinal. See ya in the DOME. WE READY!!!

bccards
11-24-2002, 03:19 PM
Confirmed Information:
Bridge City vs. Jasper
Saturday, 1:00 pm @ the Astrodome
Bridge City is the Home Team.

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 03:29 PM
JASPER- GYM:
BC WILL BE LUCKY TO SCORE 10 I LOOK FOR ANOTHER SHUTOUT UNLESS WE TURN THE BALL OVER AND GIVE THEM ONE. LETS FACE IT, THE ONLY REASON BC IS HAVING ANY SUCCESS IS BECAUSE THEY DROPPED TO 3A. THEY SURE DIDNT HAVE ANY BEFORE. OH, UNLESS YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO 1964. I PREDICT JASPER 38 BC 0 THROUGH 3 QUARTERS AND JASPER JV-FRESHMAN 12 BC 7 IN THE 4th QUARTER. AND I HEARD BC WANTED TO PLAY AT WOS, IF THAT IS THE CASE WE SHOULD JUST SPANK THEM IN BC.St. Ivender
Scrub
Member # 1510

Member Rated:
posted November 24, 2002 02:02 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry Bridge City, you will be Jasper's next sacrificial lamb. It will be a blood bath. I think BC has been winning with smoke and mirrors. Jasper's Waterloo will be in the semifinals or the championship game if they get that far.

Yea ya'll are not looking past this game......good luck to both teams. wink

j_dog
11-24-2002, 03:35 PM
SintonFan_inAustin:
I would like to see jasper take on burnet or sinton, but after all the smack these jasper fans talk without any respect to thier opponents, i would love to BC knock the smack out of ya'll. most likely wont happen but at least respect your opponents.Well put SintonFan_inAustin. I think MOST Jasper fans do respect their opponents. I can tell you for a fact that Mexia and Cameron played their hearts out and never quit. Jasper owes Cameron a lot because they gave the defense a challenge that required the starters to stay in the whole game. That can only make Jasper stronger. I expect no less from Bridge City. Regardless, they will be going all out on every play. Certainly, on a given day, any team could win. I assure you, Jasper will not be looking past BC and Jasper will be respecting BC. I can't wait for the game.

I do think BC has the best chance of an upset of any of the teams Jasper has played because they DO know how good Jasper really is. BC will prepare like never before. Jasper had better be focused and prepare as if there is no tomorrow. Good luck to both teams. And good luck to Sinton. Hope we get to play you guys because you are the team that made it to the finals last year.

Jasper 20, BC 7

j dawg
11-24-2002, 03:37 PM
To B. C. you Newton wanta be's

No trash talking from me. Let the truth be
told on this coming up sat at the dome. If the
DOGS can't beat you in the dome,we done deserve
it......

Bulldog92
11-24-2002, 03:38 PM
It's gonna be a fun week for fans of both schools. Whoever comes out of this game will have to play well to do it. I wanna see Jasper play their best ball for a full game. I listened to the Yoe game last night and the Dogs seemed to have lulls on offense at certain points of the game (1st and 3rd quarters last night) and it makes me wonder if they've done that all year. To be a champion, you have to bring it all 48 minutes. If the Dogs can't do that, one of these teams left can take them out. Go Dogs... :D

j dawg
11-24-2002, 03:40 PM
Jasper Gym

Don't let anybody cool your jet's.
Nothing wrong with alittle PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ej2525
11-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Well, I am very happy to see that Jasper has already won this game and has saved me the time and effort of pulling for the Cards.

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 04:28 PM
j dawg:
Jasper Gym

Don't let anybody cool your jet's.
Nothing wrong with alittle PRIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Arrogance is different than pride. Anyways, I saw something that was a little surprising to me. I found that Jasper played a non-district schedule of teams that combined for an 8-31 record. Bridge City played a non-district schedule of a combined 18-15 record. Jasper in there district played teams 25-27, and Bridge City played teams 30-42. In the playoffs Jasper has played a 9-2 team (1st in district) and an 8-4 team (2nd in district). Bridge City has played an 8-3 team (1st in district), and an 8-4 team (2nd in district). BC is 11-1 and Jasper is 10-2. The two like teams BC was beaten by Newton 21-0 and Jasper beat Newton 45-20, but had to forfiet due to they played an illegal player. It appears on paper, they both have had a pretty equal schedule, with BC playing a slightly harder schedule.
This should be a pretty close game. I pick my Cardinals by 1, but I think Jasper has to be the favorite by 7.

ej2525
11-24-2002, 04:31 PM
November 30, 2002

Trip to the Dome - $20 gas
Two game tickets - $10
Couple of hot dogs & cokes at the Dome - $50

Seeing the Cardinals defeat the Jasper Bulldorks - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 04:35 PM
ej2525:
November 30, 2002

Two game tickets - $10

Seeing the Cardinals defeat the Jasper Bulldorks - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D That is too funny!....LOL :D :D :D :D

exbccards76'smom
11-24-2002, 05:03 PM
ej2525:
November 30, 2002

Two game tickets - $10

Seeing the Cardinals defeat the Jasper Bulldorks - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D ROFLMAO!!! LOVE IT!! :D :p eek! :D :p eek!

cameron crazy
11-24-2002, 05:08 PM
I dont know anything about BC, but just from seeing Jasper play Cameron, my prediction for the game would be Jasper by at least 3 TD's. They have at least 2 D-1 players on that team, and the team as a whole is awesome. Good Luck Jasper. If you cant beat'em, might as well cheer for 'em.

LWFH
11-24-2002, 06:45 PM
I don't know why people insist on getting personal with some of these posts. This is supposed to be about football, not trading insults. Everyone is intitled to an opinion, no matter how foolish we may think that opinion to be. Jasper and Bridge City both have much to be proud of, and everyone knows that at this stage any team left can beat any other on a given night. That is why they play the games. These predictions are just fun and games and should be taken that way. With that said I will have to take Jasper by at least 3 TDs.

snowsnake
11-24-2002, 06:58 PM
cameron crazy:
I dont know anything about BC, but just from seeing Jasper play Cameron, my prediction for the game would be Jasper by at least 3 TD's. They have at least 2 D-1 players on that team, and the team as a whole is awesome. Good Luck Jasper. If you cant beat'em, might as well cheer for 'em.Thanks for the vote of confidence Cameron Crazy, its good to hear that we might have had a little to do with the score last night and that the REFs didn't win it for us. But on a more serious note, Cameron Yoe had a very good team and since I have seen both play, Cameron would have beat BC by 20 points. Taking that into consideration, and the fact that BC couldn't run against Newton, I will have to pick Jasper over BC. See ya at the DOME. DAWGS RULE!!!

snowsnake
11-24-2002, 07:03 PM
ej2525:
November 30, 2002

Two game tickets - $10

Seeing the Cardinals defeat the Jasper Bulldorks - PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D I wonder what a cardinal looks like after its been plucked. "BullDorks"????? Do you live in the Houston area? DAWGS RULE!!!

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 07:32 PM
qb][/QUOTE]Thanks for the vote of confidence Cameron Crazy, its good to hear that we might have had a little to do with the score last night and that the REFs didn't win it for us. But on a more serious note, Cameron Yoe had a very good team and since I have seen both play, Cameron would have beat BC by 20 points. Taking that into consideration, and the fact that BC couldn't run against Newton, I will have to pick Jasper over BC. See ya at the DOME. DAWGS RULE!!![/QB][/QUOTE]

Do you think you are referring to a 1-9 team, maybe 2-8 team......Do you think Barber's Hill is a good team. They are a great team, and are an equal match with Cameron, and BC won by 17 points. Elgin is no slouch either and we beat them by 21. Nobody beat this team that bad all year. They are rock solid. Let's get the Newton thing out of the way. Newton met us early in the season. It was a good game, and Newton scored on the last play. Jasper, technically beat Newton, but don't kid yourself into thinking that how one game went you will get an exact copy of. Kirbyville gave ya'll all ya'll could handle. Your not dealing with a 3-7 ballclub that barely made it into the playoffs.....as you will soon find out. Anybody can get beat at this point. You guys really do crack me up, because Bridge City has nothing to lose. If you lose, you lose BIG! I have spent a while on this board and even supported the Bulldogs. It really does surprise me the trash coming from Jasper. It really does, most teams are respectful of other's at this point, because it takes so much to get here. I really hope ya'll get a rude awakening to why Bridge City was the Div III champ last year, and why we are right on your heals this year......oh that's right I forgot we just got lucky the last 3 years. wink

Go Big Red

whatusay2
11-24-2002, 07:58 PM
BigRed01, like Kenny said in another post, none of the regular Jasper posters (Kenny, Mojjo, J_Dog) are counting out Bridge City. I think, along with many other Jasper fans, that Bridge City is going to be the toughest that Jasper has faced. Many of the new posters have just jumped on the Jasper bandwagon OR just young and dumb. We ALL have a right to be proud of our team--which includes "predicting" that we can beat your team. We wouldn't be true fans if we didn't. And, since you are such a big BC fan, you should also expect your team to beat us as well. I honestly don't understand what you're getting so worked up about???

j dawg
11-24-2002, 08:35 PM
To B. C.

It's nice your going to spend your money
at the game. It's your dime but our TIME!!!!!

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 08:42 PM
whatusay2:
BigRed01, like Kenny said in another post, none of the regular Jasper posters (Kenny, Mojjo, J_Dog) are counting out Bridge City. I think, along with many other Jasper fans, that Bridge City is going to be the toughest that Jasper has faced. Many of the new posters have just jumped on the Jasper bandwagon OR just young and dumb. We ALL have a right to be proud of our team--which includes "predicting" that we can beat your team. We wouldn't be true fans if we didn't. And, since you are such a big BC fan, you should also expect your team to beat us as well. I honestly don't understand what you're getting so worked up about???I totally agree with you whatusay2, it is just my pet peeve. I never mind when a team says they can beat you, of course I feel we can beat Jasper. I think Jasper has great tradition and a super team this year. It really irks me though to show arrogance. Burnet was bad about it for a while....the best posters are probably from Sinton. They have got a class act bunch over there. When we were playing them last year, we knew going in Sinton was better, but we still stood by our Cardinals as we should. I know there is some class act people over there in Jasper, I guess I am just getting older....lol, and have alot less tolerance for stupid comments...lol. I know Jasper has some fine folks in it, and I am old enough to know better than to listen to immaturity. I guess when I saw all the lewd comments made to Cameron, which I thought was uncalled for, after ya'll beat them; and then to pass BC off as a second rate team, it kinda got my dandruff up. I really thought that we would be discussing strengths and weaknesses for these two teams. However, your right. I think this will be a great game and whoever wins will have beaten a really good team. :)

southern_thunder
11-24-2002, 08:59 PM
I really dont believe Jasper is overlooking anyone, they havent yet and they wont start now.
Bridge City has a very good football team, you dont make it to the third round of the playoffs in Texas High School football without being a good football team.
Jasper will be very focused and ready to play. Believe it or not but Jasper is getting better and better each week. Well the offense and defense are anyway.LOL It will be a good game and Jasper will have to bring their A game because BC will for sure! But I Stand by my earlier prediction of Jasper-50, BC-0. And that is not arrogance or smack or anything else just pride and confidence in the DAWGS!!!

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: southern_thunder ]</small>

j dawg
11-24-2002, 09:08 PM
Give both teams credit, It's going to be
a great match up. Jasper 35, Bridge City 10??

BigRed01
11-24-2002, 09:16 PM
southern_thunder:
I really dont believe Jasper is overlooking anyone, they havent yet and they wont start now.
Bridge City has a very good football team, you dont make it to the third round of the playoffs in Texas High School football without being a good football team.
Jasper will be very focused and ready to play. Believe it or not but Jasper is getting better and better each week. Well the offense and defense are anyway.LOL It will be a good game and Jasper will have to bring their A game because BC will for sure! But I Stand by my earlier prediction of Jasper-50, BC-0. And that is not arrogance or smack or anything else just pride and confidence in the DAWGS!!!

Bigred01 Why so sensitive? It is just talk. Unless you are not as confident about your Cards as we are about our DAWGS. But maybe that is why you predict a 1 point vitory and I predict a 50 point one.I picked what I thought is realistic for this game. 1 point over Jasper is where I will stand. I think Jasper is favored of course but not by 50.....that is a bit much. Let's see who ya'll beat by 50. Well, ya'll haven't beat anybody by 50...you beat a 1-8 team Smiley 51-8. You beat a 4-6 Woodville team 55-7 and you beat a 1-9 Huntington team 43-0....ummmmm. I think we will are 7 points better than a 1-9 Huntington team, and 8 points better than Smiley. I don't think Woodvilles offense is as good as Bridge City's and they got 7. Now you did surprise everyone in routing Cameron. Now I will explain my logic to you. I know we are 14 points better than Kirbyville that ya'll beat 14-0. I am sure we can play toe to toe with Strake Jesuit, and we have been getting better too. We beat a very fast Barbers Hill team 31-14, and I think Barbers Hill would give you a run for your money. Elgin is extremely fast also, and we just beat them 28-7. It's rare to beat an 11-1 team by 50 and shut them out, of course stranger things have happened, but that's why I don't think that is realistic. You did play a great game against Newton, and despite the disqualification you did beat Newton on the football field where we came up short. Bridge City by 1. :)

southern_thunder
11-24-2002, 09:33 PM
Great post bigred and with out any name calling. And you are right 50 is a bit much but it is a nice round number and easy to say. But I do beleve it will be a Jasper victory and by a bery substancial margin.

As for the Smiley or Nac game the score could very well been 80 or more but the starters were pulled after a few plays in the 3rd quarter, the starting defense was not scored on. And the Huntington game our JV played the entire second half. Finally the only poll I have seen has Jasper picked by 21, Collier-Sharp. but I dont put much stock in the polls my guess is that they have never seen either team play.

Jason1725
11-24-2002, 10:09 PM
I am still not sure how we are to post on here now. It appears that if you believe Jasper will win you are arrogant. So with that being said maybe this is how. I hope Jasper can just play with the great all mighty Bridge City Cardinals. I mean they did beat Jasper from 1962-1969. Gee I know those guy's playing now were not born then but I am just sure the mighty Cardinals will find a way. I know Jasper doesn't have a very good kicking game so I am also sure that will come into play as well. Even now just thinking about it Jasper should not even show up, they did beat Newton who shutout the amazing Cardinals but had to forfeit because of the ineligible player. Look this is absolutely absurd. I think Jasper will win and win by a touchdown or two, so if that is arrogance call it what you want. As far as posting about beating Cameron what are you supposed to do when during the week it is said to talk after the game? So after the game noise is talked to the two idiots from Cameron. I guess from now on Jasper fans that feel the Bulldogs can win just don't say anything and let the Cardinal fans continue with name-calling. Jasper will again win both lines of scrimmage and go on to win 28/34-0

exbccards76'smom
11-24-2002, 10:51 PM
Let's all hope for a injury free ballgame for both sides. It is gonna be b---s to wall time Sat. afternoon. Both sides will be pumped, the fans will be pumped. Let it be a good effort for each team. And win or lose, we will be proud of our guys.

JASPER- GYM
11-24-2002, 11:54 PM
OK BIGRED01 IM SORRY TO HAVE HURT YOUR FEELING. IN THE FUTURE I WILL TRY TO BE MORE COMPASSIONATE TO ALL BC FANS. I EXPECTED YA'LL TO HAVE A LITTLE THICKER SKIN. WITH THAT SAID YOU SHOULD STOP WASTING YOUR TIME COMPARING DISTRICTS AND START COMPARING PLAYERS, SUCH AS YOUR O-LINE AGAINST OUR D-LINE, CAN PEEBELS RUN THROUGH WALLS? AND IT IS TIME TO GET THE MONKEY OFF OUR BACK IN THE DOME IT MAY BECOME OUR BEST FRIEND. AND I STAND BEHIND MY PREDICTION.
FIRST 3 QUARTERS 4th QUARTER(JV-FRESH)
JASPER 38 JASPER 12
BC 0 BC 7

Birdman
11-25-2002, 12:03 AM
Ah, things are starting to settle down a bit and sounding civil! It is good to see the "veteran" posters from Jasper weighing in with some very classy posts that is consistent with what we have seen from them all year. I have no problem if Jasper fans feel they will beat us by 50 if they lay off the uncivil smack. Someone said earlier, "there is a difference between confidence and arrogance". If I were a betting guy, the Dogs would be hard to bet against! Big, strong, and fast. They are a great team. But we have a great group of players that know how to win. It will be fun in the Dome Saturday squaring off against another great group of players seeing who will represent Region III! :cool:

exbccards76'smom
11-25-2002, 12:21 AM
Sometimes size doesn't matter...it's how much heart and desire you have.

GEAUX BIG RED!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

j_dog
11-25-2002, 12:27 AM
Birdman:
Ah, things are starting to settle down a bit and sounding civil! It is good to see the "veteran" posters from Jasper weighing in with some very classy posts that is consistent with what we have seen from them all year. I have no problem if Jasper fans feel they will beat us by 50 if they lay off the uncivil smack. Someone said earlier, "there is a difference between confidence and arrogance". If I were a betting guy, the Dogs would be hard to bet against! Big, strong, and fast. They are a great team. But we have a great group of players that know how to win. It will be fun in the Dome Saturday squaring off against another great group of players seeing who will represent Region III! :cool: Great post. I do hope the smack talk is over. The smack talk makes not just Jasper and BC look bad, it makes Southeast Texas and Region III look bad also. Enough! See you at the dome!

spaniard
11-25-2002, 01:10 AM
exbccards76'smom:

GEAUX BIG RED!!!

:D :D :D :D :D no kiddin, size really doesnt matter, the wharton dline averaged about 315 or so, and 350 when #91 was in the game (hehe), and our o-line averages maybe 245 at the most after a huge thanksgiving meal, and we totally blew those guys away bc we believed we could. the only time we really didnt blow them away was when 91 fell over the line in the 3rd quarter and smashed our center, who weighs less than 200, and knocked mcgee down for a 15 yard penalty. jasper may be big size wize, but bc seems to have more heart and determination so far. good luck to both teams.

jasper-200
bc-201

(not a typo, you can tell i have no idea what im talking about score wise here :D )

<small>[ November 25, 2002, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

OldSchoolBulldog
11-25-2002, 01:38 AM
Just wanted to get in. I will challange all to go back and look at the posts on this thread. I see one somewhat boastful post from a Jasper fan. Based on the successful season that Jasper has had that comment was mild. But it seems that most of the "un-civil" stuff is coming from BC. Must have touched a nerve. Do you have a complex?

So let me get this right. If I feel strongly that Jasper will win, then I am disrepectful and over- looking BC. But if you feel strongly that BC will win, then that is just good spirit proud for you team. O.K. I got it.

OldSchoolBulldog
11-25-2002, 01:56 AM
spaniard:

exbccards76'smom:

GEAUX BIG RED!!!

:D :D :D :D :D no kiddin, size really doesnt matter, the wharton dline averaged about 315 or so, and 350 when #91 was in the game (hehe), and our o-line averages maybe 245 at the most after a huge thanksgiving meal, and we totally blew those guys away bc we believed we could. the only time we really didnt blow them away was when 91 fell over the line in the 3rd quarter and smashed our center, who weighs less than 200, and knocked mcgee down for a 15 yard penalty. jasper may be big size wize, but bc seems to have more heart and determination so far. good luck to both teams.

jasper-200
bc-201

(not a typo, you can tell i have no idea what im talking about score wise here :D )I have seen BC play and I agree they have heart. But, if you think the kids from this Jasper team don't have heart you must either be blind, have not seen them play, and/or not have been around them at all.

Talk about Heart and Determination:

Have you seen Ricky Mitchell play through pain to make plays and will this team victory?

Have you seen Jason McQueen take this team and carry it on his back while weaving through a wall of defenders to get to the goal line?

Have you seen Joey Adams (playing both ways) and blocking like a champ even when his is dead tired?

Have you seen Joseph Bryant fight off double and triple team blocks and still make tackles?

Have you seen Jasper's linebackers fight off blocks and run down the ball carrier?

Even in the lose to St. Jesuit these young men hung in fought to the very end. I never saw one of them quit.

Think of how they well responded when they gave it all on the field to beat Newton, only to have the victory snatched from them because of a mistake with an ineligible who had not impact on the game.

Heart and Determination!!

2001GiddingsLB
11-25-2002, 02:23 AM
Well, I think Jasper needs to get ready for BC no matter their heart and determination. I'm not saying BC is going to win and I'm not making any predictions. All I'm saying is Cameron was a very one dimensional team, Billy Pittman only, and I think if Jasper faces a more balanced team or a team that has a bigger line that they will be faced with a definite challenge. I think Jasper has an excellent team, you only allowed 57 yards for Cameron in the first half and only 7 before that one drive right before half, but Cameron was a championship caliber team. I believe Jasper better keep a lid on the smack and an eye set on the goal. Work quietly, work swiftly, work effeciently, WORK LIKE A TEAM! Grab the championship.

2001GiddingsLB
11-25-2002, 02:25 AM
Well, I think Jasper needs to get ready for BC no matter their heart and determination. I'm not saying BC is going to win and I'm not making any predictions. All I'm saying is Cameron was a very one dimensional team, Billy Pittman only, and I think if Jasper faces a more balanced team or a team that has a bigger line that they will be faced with a definite challenge. I think Jasper has an excellent team, you only allowed 57 yards for Cameron in the first half and only 7 before that one drive right before half, but Cameron was NOT a championship caliber team. I believe Jasper better keep a lid on the smack and an eye set on the goal. Work quietly, work swiftly, work effeciently, WORK LIKE A TEAM! Grab the championship. I hope Jasper wins it all this year.

P.S. if this posted twice I meant to say that Cameron was NOT a championship caliber team.and if it posts once disregard the entire P.S.

JasperDog94
11-25-2002, 11:00 AM
exbccards76'smom:

GEAUX BIG RED!!!

:D :D :D :D :D If size doesn't matter, then why do all the NFL teams brag about how big their O-line is? And it's not just Jasper's size. It's their speed combined with their size. Anyone who saw the Cameron game can attest to the speed of the pursuit that Billy Pittman saw. He was one fast dude. But in the end we still caught up with him.

Size is one thing. Speed is another. Put the two together and you've got one deadly combination.

exbccards76'smom
11-25-2002, 11:34 AM
let's just get ready for a great game. all smack aside. These are two great teams with 2 different styles. It is gonna be a game to remember.

GEAUX BIG RED!!!

ej2525
11-25-2002, 11:56 AM
oldschoolbulldog, I take it you will enjoy the short leisure drive down Hwy. 90 to the dome on Saturday? I will be. But, I will be wearing red & white.

Cooter
11-25-2002, 12:11 PM
Big Red,
First of all, I am from Kirbyville. So I will set you straight. You are right about one thing. We gave Jasper all that they could handle. We were 7-4 not 3-7. You thinking you are 14 points better than Kirbyville is based on what? Comparing scores. Newton beat yall by 21 and us by 23. I guess that would give you a 2 point advantage. I will be interested to see the score of BC vs. Jasper and compare that one also. My prediction. Jasper 40 Bridge City 0. That would put us about a 26 point favorite over yall. That is if my prediction is correct. And if the Jasper starters play the entire game like they did against us. Enjoy this week, it is your last.

Cooter
11-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Big Red,
First of all, I am from Kirbyville. So I will set you straight. You are right about one thing. We gave Jasper all that they could handle. We were 7-4 not 3-7. You thinking you are 14 points better than Kirbyville is based on what? Comparing scores. Newton beat yall by 21 and us by 23. I guess that would give you a 2 point advantage. I will be interested to see the score of BC vs. Jasper and compare that one also. My prediction. Jasper 40 Bridge City 0. That would put us about a 26 point favorite over yall. That is if my prediction is correct. And if the Jasper starters play the entire game like they did against us. Enjoy this week, it is your last.

ej2525
11-25-2002, 12:22 PM
Enjoying your past couple of weeks Cooter? Where have you been? Oh yea!! At home!!

RBARKER
11-25-2002, 12:26 PM
opps

<small>[ November 25, 2002, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: RBARKER ]</small>

RBARKER
11-25-2002, 12:28 PM
I'm looking foward to this game, this will be the first time for me to see Jasper. All though I will be sitting on BC's side and hoping to see an upset I think Jasper will take this one by 21. good luck to both teams. also I will predict that this thread will break the alltime post record :D I wonder what that is?

spiveyrat
11-25-2002, 12:30 PM
What kind of offense does BC run?

spiveyrat
11-25-2002, 12:37 PM
Woohoo! I just noticed I made varsity.

Mechanic: Yeah, my dad told me ya'll were sitting next to one another. These "chance" meetings are kind of cool. I actually got in contact with an old buddy of mine from newton because of this site. Haven't seen or heard from him in probably 10 years. Funny how things happen! :)

spiveyrat
11-25-2002, 12:49 PM
BC fans: Does KOGT webcast all of your ballgames?

Cooter
11-25-2002, 01:01 PM
ej2525,
We have been at the house. Where you will soon be. You guys run your mouth alot. You will get yours this weekend. Congatulations on beating out OF and Hardin for the top spot in the District. Over here, yall would have finished 4th at best. Let me know how the dogbite feels after this weekend.

labrat99
11-25-2002, 01:04 PM
Oldschoolbulldog - RE: Your challenge

Jasper Gym - "BC will be lucky to score 10..." then goes on to say that the Jasper JV/freshman will take it to the Cards in the 4th quarter. I'd say that falls into the "somewhat boastful" category.

St. Ivender - "Sorry BC, You'll be Jasper's next sacrificial lamb. It will be a blood bath, etc." A tad arrogant perhaps?

Southern_Thunder then weighs in with his no-doubt carefully reseached Jasper 50 plus, BC 0 prediction. I think this one meets both your criteria.

Snowsnake - "We're not overlooking you... deer in the headlights". Slightly boastful, maybe?

Also, one of your fans has already been ROM'd.

Here's my point: While most if not all of the Bridge City posters has kept it pretty civil, acknowledged that Jasper has a good team and that BC is in for a fight, a substantial portion of the Jasper posters act like you've somehow been matched up with somebody's 8th grade team in the quarterfinals.

Both of these teams have IDENTICAL RECORDS ON THE FIELD this season. And I assure you, Bridge City's 11-1 record isn't the result of "smoke and mirrors" as one of your posters put. They've beaten some very fine football teams along the way. Good Luck to the Bulldogs and GO BIG RED!!!

Jason1725
11-25-2002, 01:06 PM
How many posts do you need to make varsity? I must be close then. Anyway it has been a few years since Jasper has played Bridge City so it will be fun to continue this game. I just don't see Bridge City as being equal to Bay City or LaMarque a few years ago. I think Jasper wins this one 34-0

Jason1725
11-25-2002, 01:08 PM
Woooo Hoooo I made varsity.

pinecone
11-25-2002, 01:33 PM
Prediction:
Thursday: Big Dogs stuff on Big Bird.
Friday: Dogs party hearty, stuff on wild bird.
Saturday: Dogs already stuffed, can't handle any
more bird!

Come on Dogs! A little dedication and sacrifice this week will go a long way in the dome!

classof 85
11-25-2002, 01:44 PM
I personally think BC and Jasper are both over rated and Kirbyville and Kountze should be playing in this game since they are both so dominating in their respective districts. Cooter as Bigred 01 would say ;you my friend are an idiot. Jasper belongs in this game as does Bridge city. kirbyville is exactly where they should be playing B-Ball.It's guy's like you that give your town a bad rep. You guy's had you're shot the last 2 years at the Cardinals and didn't fair to well if I remember correctly.

P.S. I'm Sorry for putting Kountze in the same catagory but it was only because they weren't real good this year but I know they will get Better. eek! eek! eek!

ej2525
11-25-2002, 01:59 PM
Thump!! Thump!! Thump!! Do I hear a round ball bouncing in Kville??? Butt out of this thread Cooter. BC 4th in that district? Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!!! I can see 3rd possibly with Jasper & Newton in the picture. Come on Cooter... BC has been mopping up the field with you guys for the past couple of years when we were in the same district. Go play round ball!!

ej2525
11-25-2002, 02:04 PM
RBarker, I know the Jasper/Cameron thread had right at about 200 posts this past week. That's the most I have ever seen to my knowledge.

<small>[ November 25, 2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: ej2525 ]</small>

Cooter
11-25-2002, 02:10 PM
ej and 85,
You will get yours this weekend. Don't put us in the same category with Kountze, We probably would have won your district if we had been in it. You guys had an easy schedule besides Newton, and yall got an easy draw in the playoffs. We will see how good the mighty Cards are this weekend. The end of the season is nearing and I really don't see any replacements in sight. Enjoy your week. It is your last.

ej2525
11-25-2002, 02:19 PM
Cooter,
Are you on Thanksgiving break sitting at home and being real bitter that you are not playing anymore?? :( And I bet you wish you were a Jasper Bulldog so you would have been on a better team. Also, I am not going to "get mine" this weekend because I am not going to be out there on the field. Now quit tying up Mommy & Daddy's phone line, get off the computer and go do what ever it is you do in Kirbyville.

<small>[ November 25, 2002, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: ej2525 ]</small>

Cooter
11-25-2002, 02:33 PM
ej2525,
You are an idiot. Enjoy your week. It is your last

ej2525
11-25-2002, 02:40 PM
Hey Everyone!! I am an idiot!!! Whoooo Hooooo!!! eek! eek! eek!

classof 85
11-25-2002, 03:37 PM
O.K. I've decided that I think Cooter is Probably on the Badmitton or Croquet team at K-ville. So we can't take anything he says to heart. Just simple minded folk saying simple minded things.
P.S. what do they do in K-ville; anything to do with sheep or Goats.

2001GiddingsLB
11-25-2002, 03:40 PM
This thread has degenerated into name calling and such how sad. Furthermore I don't see how either team can say a team your going to face in the QUARTERFINALS is an easy victory. why doesn't everybody just shut their yapper! No yelling on the thread! Good, Great, Grand, Wonderful! Now just go play some ball later this week so hopefully the season will be over and Jasper fans will leave this board, so we don't have to hear how dern good they are. WE know your good so quit telling us.

snowsnake
11-25-2002, 03:45 PM
labrat99:
Oldschoolbulldog - RE: Your challenge

Jasper Gym - "BC will be lucky to score 10..." then goes on to say that the Jasper JV/freshman will take it to the Cards in the 4th quarter. I'd say that falls into the "somewhat boastful" category.

St. Ivender - "Sorry BC, You'll be Jasper's next sacrificial lamb. It will be a blood bath, etc." A tad arrogant perhaps?

Southern_Thunder then weighs in with his no-doubt carefully reseached Jasper 50 plus, BC 0 prediction. I think this one meets both your criteria.

Snowsnake - "We're not overlooking you... deer in the headlights". Slightly boastful, maybe?

Also, one of your fans has already been ROM'd.

Here's my point: While most if not all of the Bridge City posters has kept it pretty civil, acknowledged that Jasper has a good team and that BC is in for a fight, a substantial portion of the Jasper posters act like you've somehow been matched up with somebody's 8th grade team in the quarterfinals.

Both of these teams have IDENTICAL RECORDS ON THE FIELD this season. And I assure you, Bridge City's 11-1 record isn't the result of "smoke and mirrors" as one of your posters put. They've beaten some very fine football teams along the way. Good Luck to the Bulldogs and GO BIG RED!!!Hey LabRat99 wasn't meaning to be arrogant, just using an illustration of how your team and peebles may feel come Saturday at 1:00 pm. No disrespect intended. I'm sure BC is a good team or they wouldn't be in the play offs, then again, from all I've read about Cameron Yoe and BC both of your teams are rather one dimensional and as konstance latrice could have told you, Cameron was considered a good team. And by the way the ROM'd poster was a Cameron fan, not a Jasper fan.
See ya in the DOME. DAWGS RULE!!!

snowsnake
11-25-2002, 03:52 PM
Watched a little game film on BC and ole Cooter may just be right. Kirbyville may have taken BC this year. Seems Newton fumbled multiple times during their game and still beat BC 21-0. BC would have to have improved tremendously to change what I have seen. Oh well looking forward to the game. See Ya in the DOME.

Old Cardinal
11-25-2002, 03:59 PM
To RBarker: I am glad you will be joining us at the Jasper game, as you well know had BH pulled the upset, we would had been there pulling for your team. It seems that Bridge City and Barbers Hill have not got any due respect. I's kind of nice seeing some of the year-long Darlings now bouncing basketballs. Gainesville, Lindale, Celina, Quinlan Ford, Commerce, Wilmer-Hutchins etc: But remember, every year the DFW Pollster dynasty will have them all rated at the top as always. Now Willis Point is another story, they were taken out by a very good team, in Forney. Jasper is quite a challenge, we truly appreciate your support!

RBARKER
11-25-2002, 04:31 PM
I wouldn't miss it for the world old Card, hope yall can pull it off. As for BH we will get our respect one day but our playoff showings haveto pick up if we want the respect we desire.BC deserves to be where they are at If Jasper wins yall will be back. BH has about 3 to 5 more years to make a run then they will be going to 4A and will have to start all over again. Which ever team advances I hope you get through the game injury free.

p.s Iknow the second game is hastings VS. Pearland does anyone know if ther is a third game?

BH_146
11-25-2002, 04:49 PM
Old Cardinal, Best of luck Saturday. I'll be pulling for the Cards. Some friends from Jasper are suppose to be coming down for the game. I may just pull out my old BC jacket or sweater and tag along with them.

classof 85
11-25-2002, 04:54 PM
I know Longview is playing there Sat. but not what time!!!!!!!!!

snowsnake
11-25-2002, 06:26 PM
Does anyone know where the Sinton/Burnet game is being played and on what date? Good luck Burnet!!!

fred grunden
11-25-2002, 06:47 PM
Hello Bridge City fans! I would like to know if your star running back, Peebles, was playing against Newton. If he was, what were his stats?
Bridge city has great fans and we have enjoyed the rivalry in years past. Bridge City will be ready to play on Sat.

spaniard
11-25-2002, 08:22 PM
OldSchoolBulldog
I have seen BC play and I agree they have heart. But, if you think the kids from this Jasper team don't have heart you must either be blind, have not seen them play, and/or not have been around them at all.

Talk about Heart and Determination:

Have you seen Ricky Mitchell play through pain to make plays and will this team victory?

Have you seen Jason McQueen take this team and carry it on his back while weaving through a wall of defenders to get to the goal line?

Have you seen Joey Adams (playing both ways) and blocking like a champ even when his is dead tired?

Have you seen Joseph Bryant fight off double and triple team blocks and still make tackles?

Have you seen Jasper's linebackers fight off blocks and run down the ball carrier?

Even in the lose to St. Jesuit these young men hung in fought to the very end. I never saw one of them quit.

Think of how they well responded when they gave it all on the field to beat Newton, only to have the victory snatched from them because of a mistake with an ineligible who had not impact on the game.

Heart and Determination!![/QUOTE]

i never intended to get you upset or anything, i was just stating that size doesnt matter. every team i think has its player that plays through the pain, make impossible plays, or give it all theyve got, and i wasnt saying that jasper didnt have their share of them too. i hope this game is played to the best of both teams abilities, and that the best team will win in the end. im sorry if you took it that i was insulting jasper, that wasnt my intention at all. i havent seen your guys play, and i dont think youve seen our guys play, so maybe, if things work out right for the two of us, we will see that happen.

FBmania
11-25-2002, 09:25 PM
TO: RBarker/BH146 I plan to attend the game also! Hope to see you there!
I've been reading these posts the last few days and it feels kind of strange not having a "dog in this fight." Actually it's a little funny to see how spirited it gets in here when taking an outsiders point of view. :( I wish I still had a reason to bang heads a little bit.
I too have been wanting to see Jasper play and to get a look at Jorrie Adams. I hope it is a good competitive game. Well hope to see you guys there. And good luck to both teams!

bearkatdad
11-25-2002, 09:42 PM
I think maybe KLVI out of Beaumont will webcast the game...not sure..especially since BC and Jasper are the only Golden Triangle area teams left in the playoffs. Jasper vs BC game is at 1pm...any games before that, or is that the first game? Anyone know?

j_dog
11-25-2002, 10:17 PM
snowsnake:
Does anyone know where the Sinton/Burnet game is being played and on what date? Good luck Burnet!!!Sinton/Burnet game is the same time as Jasper/BC game, Sat 1:00 p.m., at Bobcat Stadium in San Marcos. Wish it were on Friday, I would go to both games!

exbccards76'smom
11-26-2002, 01:18 AM
bearkatdad:
I think maybe KLVI out of Beaumont will webcast the game...not sure..especially since BC and Jasper are the only Golden Triangle area teams left in the playoffs. Jasper vs BC game is at 1pm...any games before that, or is that the first game? Anyone know?KOGT 1600 a.m. will broadcast and webcast the game Saturday. People in Beaumont will be able to pick it up since it is in the afternoon. Any later, I would say catch the webcast

spiveyrat
11-26-2002, 06:54 AM
I gotta say something about the "size doesn't matter" statements I'm reading. True, size may not matter. But, physics and common sense tell us that it's easier to move a 200 lb lineman than it is a 300 lb one. Size with speed is a deadly combination in football, especially on the line. I remember watching another Bulldog playoff game in the dome when Jasper was playing Lamarque in the early-mid 90's (1994, perhaps?). Jasper's offense was dominated by an incredibly fast Lamarque defense. In fact, I think they were shut out. I had never seen anything like it. Jasper would snap the ball, and there all 11 Lamarque players were, tackling the ball carrier. Ok, maybe not all 11, but that's what it looked like. Boy, I sure took the long way around to say that a more accurate statement might be "size isn't everything".

spiveyrat
11-26-2002, 06:57 AM
Bearkatdad: It doesn't appear to me that KLVI webcasts anymore. I haven't seen your buddy mechanic on here lately. Where's he hiding?

ej2525
11-26-2002, 08:29 AM
The Bridge City/Jasper will be game one @ 1PM of a Triple Header on Saturday at the Dome.

Game 2 @ 4PM will match Alief Hastings 10-2 vs. Pearland 10-2.

The 3rd game will match Longview 8-3 vs. Spring 10-2 at 7PM.

RBARKER
11-26-2002, 08:48 AM
Thanks EJ, Thats great. I have been wanting to see longview play also, If I'm not mistaken this longview team was the only Texas team to ever beat the Envangel team from Louisiana. Hastings has a good program also.

yoe_81
11-26-2002, 09:47 AM
Hey BigRed, i have my money on yall to win state, i think it'll be yall and everman in the state game. Just dont let them run u down like Justin Tucker(#50) from Yoe did...we had a terrible night, yall did a GREAT job at stopping us in the 2nd quater like so many teams be4 yall have failed..Good luck against Bridge City, Go Bulldogs!!
P.S. Cameron Yoe will see yall again in 2 years, if yall are up 2 it..Go oYe!!

bearkatdad
11-26-2002, 09:49 AM
spiveyrat:
Bearkatdad: It doesn't appear to me that KLVI webcasts anymore. I haven't seen your buddy mechanic on here lately. Where's he hiding?spiveyboy...not sure where mechanic is. He made a post either late Sat night after the game or early Sun morning, but I haven't seen anything lately from him..I'll bet he'll be back soon.

89Dawg
11-26-2002, 12:02 PM
I don't think that the Bridge City players will have to worry about Jasper looking past them or writing them off. They will have them squarely in their sights, because they no the road to state goes through Bridge City. And they have every intention of taking it one game at a time. It might be a blow out or it might be a close one, but it should be a good one, only time will tell. Jasper by 19 points. Go Bulldogs!

Cardinalbb
11-26-2002, 02:33 PM
The way I see it is that Bridge City has nothing to loose and everything to gain. Jasper should win, no bones about it. It doesn't take a Harvard Grad to figure that one out. So if Jasper wins....they were suppost to, but if BC wins.....well it doesn't take a High School Grad to figure that one out either! I will be a fun experience for both sides. Now, I have my spoon, and I'm stirring.............Back in the 70's BC outscored Jasper 121 to 97!!

Compudyne
11-26-2002, 03:00 PM
Prediction

Jasper 41

Bridge City 6

89Dawg
11-26-2002, 03:28 PM
Cardinalbb, That's a very good point and it could happen. If Bridge City does win, I hope they don't hurt themselves celebrating. We will all find out Saturday how ready everyone is to play.
Go Bulldogs!
Jasper 35
Bridge City 13

duckbutter
11-26-2002, 05:09 PM
Jasper 50+
BC 0
Jasper holds BC under 100 yds total offense.....

<small>[ November 26, 2002, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: duckbutter ]</small>

BigRed01
11-26-2002, 10:58 PM
duckbutter:
Jasper 50+
BC 0
Jasper holds BC under 100 yds total offense.....quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mojjo_1:
A game played in September will have no effect on the games being played in November and December. Jasper is a better team now and Ricky will play.

I see alot of exuses on this forum about Jasper's losses. Bridge City has 1 loss. True you did beat Newton and we came up short. The ineligible player had nothing to do with the outcome of the Newton game. Strake is not a powerhouse, and all teams have had players they have missed for key games. Bridge City is no different. Bridge City played Newton early in the year, and have gotten better themselves. With all the 50+ to nothing scores you seem to tout over Bridge City, it is surprising to me you haven't beat anybody by 50 points outright all year. Even the teams that were 1-9, 2-8, and so forth. An 11-1 team is a good solid football team, Jasper had better put off buying the rings just yet. They are not undefeated and have had there struggles as well. They will be the favorite, but they had better bring their "A" game. Jasper has faced a tough opponent in Newton and prevailed, but just how one game goes doesn't mean success in another. This should be a real war. Good luck Cards.
Duckbutter, I would like you base your opinion of how you see a 50+ to 0 score on Bridge City. I think Jasper should realistically be the favorite by 10-14, of course I am going with my Cardinals in a nail biter, but I am curious as to the basis of your opinion.

snowsnake
11-26-2002, 10:59 PM
For those SE Texans that are interested, Pineland plays at Conroe Saturday night at 6:00 pm. I plan on leaving the Jasper game and trying to make this game as well. West Sabine is a great team for 1A Football. GO DAWGS!!!

mojjo_1
11-26-2002, 11:26 PM
Nobody has scored more than 12 points on Jasper's starting defense. Jasper could have run the score up in several games. Speed, size, depth, and talent. Jasper will be there Saturday, come see for yourself.

LWFH
11-27-2002, 12:36 AM
Jasper will not beat Bridge City by 50, but it won't be because they couldn't. All the talk about Jasper's schedule and margin of victory over certain teams ignores the fact that their starters have spent many second halves on the sidelines.

I hope Bridge City can keep it close and give Jasper a test, but I think the only way Jasper loses is if they beat themselves (turnovers, penalties, etc.).

Bulldog92
11-27-2002, 01:19 AM
Hey LFWH. Welcome to Washington. I'm right up the road in Kent. Anyways, thanks for your support of the Dogs. We have a big-time bullseye planted squarely on our chests and we can use the help of well-wishers like yourself. :D

3ABirdMan
11-27-2002, 02:17 AM
And then there's that DOME thing!

I got my playoff underware and socks ready (same pairs - they're 2-0, and unwashed), same pants, same shirt, same cap, same shoes! Jasper, you don't stand a chance against my playoff magic!

Seriously, though - I guess the thing that really bothers me about the majority of these posts is Jasper and BC were pulling FOR each other until now. Since Saturday night, BC has become Public Enemy #1.

Jasper has the size advantage, and the speed advantage, and playoff history, and point spread, and Points For vs Points Against, and the Newton score, and, well, everything else! BC is the underdog, and for good reason, and we ALL KNOW IT! Should we forfeit the game and not show? Is this a concession speach? NO WAY! But I believe there is a difference in knowing you have the advantage and beating the other guys over the head with it. It disappoints me that Jasper would rag on BC so hard, knowing all of the advantages you have - You don't have to brag to us - WE KNOW! We're danged near neighbors! If Jasper wins 99-0, I'll still be just as proud of this BC team as if we win 99-0. We've had a very successful season, with a new coaching, offensive, and defensive philosophy. You can't take that away!

Will Jasper win it all? If they don't, BC will, riding on this upset. So best of luck, and don't get hurt - See ya Saturday!

spiveyrat
11-27-2002, 06:47 AM
birdman: With all of your lucky, unwashed clothes on, I guess you'll be easy to pick out in the crowd huh? You'll be the guy sitting by himself in the middle of a few rows of empty seats. haha :D

mechanic
11-27-2002, 07:50 AM
Spiveyrat I am still here just lurking in the shadows:) :) Well I guess it is time to put my two bits in on this, come on people this is High school football and we all talk the talk and some can even walk the walk. But we all talk it. Some tend to be thin skined, learn to dish it out as well as you talk it. We as JHS backers are proud and rightfully so just as any of the rest of the teams would be. To put it bluntly "DEAL WITH IT" We will bring our best just you make sure and bring yours BC, and when the dust settles and the carnage is cleared we will see who is left standing at midfield celebrating. They will have some red on for sure but in this case they will have a Bulldog on the jersey. Good luck to both teams and may it be a injury free game. "LET`S GET IT ON" Oh Bearkatdad I will be around the 50 yrd. line lower to mid way up look for us, I want some more of those peanuts:)

ej2525
11-27-2002, 08:39 AM
3abirdman, I will be on the same side of the field as you. I however will be wearing washed clothes. I'll try & sniff you out to say hello Saturday. Go Cards!! wink eek!

Jason1725
11-27-2002, 10:37 AM
To 3A Birdman you might have stinky clothes but they are no match for the power of Spree. Since I have been covering Jasper I have always got a thing of Spree's before the game and the results are kinda crazy. The only times I have forgot to get them were all losses for Jasper. The first game last year which was a loss, the Bay City game which was a loss and the Jesuit game. So you can be stinky all day but you can't beat the Spree LOL!!!

ej2525
11-27-2002, 10:42 AM
Well, I think I am going to try something a little different. I am going to bring my late father's 1966 Bridge City 3A State Championship award pendent pinned on my chest. Hopefully that may bring lots of luck to my Cards!!

j_dog
11-27-2002, 11:44 AM
3ABirdMan:
And then there's that DOME thing!

I got my playoff underware and socks ready (same pairs - they're 2-0, and unwashed), same pants, same shirt, same cap, same shoes! Jasper, you don't stand a chance against my playoff magic!

Seriously, though - I guess the thing that really bothers me about the majority of these posts is Jasper and BC were pulling FOR each other until now. Since Saturday night, BC has become Public Enemy #1.................

...Will Jasper win it all? If they don't, BC will, riding on this upset. So best of luck, and don't get hurt - See ya Saturday!3ABirdMan, I think I know how you feel. Many BC fans, including you, have made some very supportive posts about Jasper in the past weeks when other parts of the state dissed the Dogs. That is one reason I only picked Jasper to win by 20-7, out of respect for the those many positive posts.

Another good reason is that I truly believe that if there is going to be an upset of Jasper, BC is the most likely one to do it. I say that because, as we all know, BC has stolen games from Jasper they were not "supposed" to win, and Jasper has done the same to BC. BC knocked off a state-ranked Jasper team in 1970. Jasper upset a state-ranked BC team in 1975. Anything truly can happen between these two teams. However, in all honesty, I do like the Dogs chances! But, I will stay with my 20-7 pick. And pull for a wider margin just like you will be pulling for the upset!

labrat99
11-27-2002, 12:25 PM
Bridge City 23 (3TD's and a SAFETY)
Jasper 20 (3TD's and a missed extra point)

easttexan1
11-27-2002, 12:58 PM
A safety? I don't think so. A missed extra point? I'll believe two, or maybe three!!! You would think we would learn that a two point attempt is definitely our high percentage play, but bet we start off trying to kick. I hope BC plays a good game, because I think a good scare right now would help us in the long run, but I still pick the Dawgs by 27.

labrat99
11-27-2002, 01:00 PM
All BS aside, I think this game boils down to the battle on the line of scrimmage. If the BC lineman can hold their own with their Jasper counterparts, the game will be on. If Jasper wins in the trenches, they win the game. If they can dominate in that area, then we might see the blowout that the Jasper fans are predicting.

Good Luck to both teams and GO BIG RED!

bearkatdad
11-27-2002, 02:45 PM
mechanic:
Spiveyrat I am still here just lurking in the shadows:) :) Well I guess it is time to put my two bits in on this, come on people this is High school football and we all talk the talk and some can even walk the walk. But we all talk it. Some tend to be thin skined, learn to dish it out as well as you talk it. We as JHS backers are proud and rightfully so just as any of the rest of the teams would be. To put it bluntly "DEAL WITH IT" We will bring our best just you make sure and bring yours BC, and when the dust settles and the carnage is cleared we will see who is left standing at midfield celebrating. They will have some red on for sure but in this case they will have a Bulldog on the jersey. Good luck to both teams and may it be a injury free game. "LET`S GET IT ON" Oh Bearkatdad I will be around the 50 yrd. line lower to mid way up look for us, I want some more of those peanuts:)mechanic..ok...I'll be looking for you around the 50 yd line... i sure hope I can find you cause I know there will be lots of DAWG supporters there..and I WILL have the peanuts.. Sic 'em DAWGS!!!

The8thLace63
11-27-2002, 02:51 PM
Since newtons season is over maybe yall can borrow one of their kickers. Is that legal anyway?

cardinal
11-27-2002, 03:49 PM
EJ you bring the Mojo of that championship pin and those DAWGS want get off the chain.
“All bark and No bit”! Think about that big Wish Bone when you eat thanksgiving dinner DAWGS. don’t choke.
GO BIG RED !

mechanic
11-27-2002, 06:01 PM
"ALL BARK & NO BITE" That one makes me laugh so hard. The only thing we might choke on are Cardinal feathers when they are cleaning up the field after the game and we are celebrating :) :) :) :D :D :D Only time will tell. We got three words for BC "Just Bring It"

Eagles44
11-27-2002, 06:18 PM
this will be your classic high school playoff football game. Jasper 33 Bridge City 28

BHcheeze24
11-27-2002, 08:29 PM
Good luck BC !!! I was messing around with a friend of mine from the BH team #81 Zach Thompson today in Anuhuac and we saw 2 Bridge City buses go by going east with what had to be football players inside. I was just wondering if anyone knew where they were coming from. My first guess that just now came to me was they must have been allowed to practice in the Dome today. Would that be a good guess? Well i hope those Jasper boys can tackle because that Pebbles is one hard boy to tackle from what i saw 2 weeks ago.

spiveyrat
11-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Ask the Cameron fans if they can tackle.

bccards
11-27-2002, 08:44 PM
BHcheeze24:
Good luck BC !!! I was messing around with a friend of mine from the BH team #81 Zach Thompson today in Anuhuac and we saw 2 Bridge City buses go by going east with what had to be football players inside. I was just wondering if anyone knew where they were coming from. My first guess that just now came to me was they must have been allowed to practice in the Dome today. Would that be a good guess? Well i hope those Jasper boys can tackle because that Pebbles is one hard boy to tackle from what i saw 2 weeks ago.Great guess BHcheeze24, the Cardinals departed this morning at 7 a.m., and headed to the Reliant Park Astrodome for a two-hour morning workout from 9 to 11 a.m. Glad that they got to practice @ the dome before the game!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-27-2002, 09:02 PM
I agree with Spiveyrat, why dont you call up o Billy Pittman......im sure he can tell you a few stories. And yes....we can tackle.
Jasper 37 Bridge City 0

bulldog_man
11-27-2002, 09:31 PM
Peebles, Peeble, Peebles, all I have heard is talk about peebles. I watched Peebles get murdered against Newton. If he cant get past the line he cant do crap. you hit him one good time and he gives up and cowers down.

Eagles52
11-27-2002, 10:13 PM
I was on the sideline for hte BH-BC game and while the game was closer than the score showed, peebles dominated. I dont know who all Jasper has seen but I guarantee he will shock Jasper. We were all under the impression that he had power and decent speed, however he had very good speed and great power, ran low, and always went forward. I still think Jasper will win but I'm also pulling for the classy team from BC

j dawg
11-28-2002, 12:02 AM
Let's all go out and have a safe game.
Let the best team win, It's fun to jack
with each other, but yoe had billy and
the b. c. has peebles same story, same
ending Jasper 35 B.C. 10???? Just be glad
we live in the good U.S.A.

Good luck everybody and safe trip :rolleyes: :cool:

classof 85
11-28-2002, 10:43 AM
Ditto for the safe trip and an injury free game. I'll promise you that you won't see BC fans doing flips in the in the stands and cheering if a Jasper player gets hurt the way the Mexia player did. I thought that was totally classless from Jasper and frankly I expected more fom a good program and school where I know there are a lot of good people living.
Please keep in mind these are 16,17 and 18 yr olds. They are not getting paid, just doing something they love to do .Good luck to both teams.
BC - 18
Jasper --16

Old Cardinal
11-28-2002, 11:33 AM
You know Bulldog_Man- all you and many others have talked about is how Peebles was stopped against Newton. Yes, he was stopped by putting 3 people meeting him at the line of scrimmage each play. Bridge City, had a new offense, new defense, and new Coach at that time. You folks are in a time-warp; things COULD be different, than that one game. Have you ever thought about it. You are blinded by your own paradigm of what WILL happen this Saturday...I really don't know if they can spring him, that remains to be seen, but it they do, you have no one that can catch him! He has 31 TD's and 1900 yards and has played in 11 other games quite successfully, outside of the Newton game. I just hope your team continues to be as Cocky as you are, then even though we are smaller and do not have 32 Seniors-we still have a chance! That was a LIE, Bulldog_man, he runs as hard as he can and has never "cowered down"-he does the very best he can, for his team. He is a quality young man and a disciplined ballplayer.

<small>[ November 28, 2002, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

j dawg
11-28-2002, 11:59 AM
To 85 & Old crow

I don't know where you get you're info
from but JASPER does not condone anybody
getting hurt on any team.

j dawg
11-28-2002, 12:02 PM
Happy Turkey Day

From one of Jasper BullDog Fan's :cool: :cool:

Pudlugger
11-28-2002, 12:08 PM
Could be the story of 3a this year if Bridge City wins.
Bridge City 28
Jasper 20
:cool:

JHS_c/o_06'
11-28-2002, 02:18 PM
I dont think that BC can take jasper. given anything can happen on any day, but as long as all the dogs are healthy, i dont see this game being any different from the last 3. From what i hear BC is pretty 1 dimensional, like cameron was with Pittman. And we all know how that turned out. I dont want to cause any big problems on the board but the only way i see BC with an upset is Jaspers' "curse of the dome". But like the shirt says "unfinished business" and the unfinished business started in the dome last year. I think that the dawgs are gonna overlook the dome problem and play a really good game. Good luck Dawgs.
Jasper 37 Bridge City 0

Ps. What time does the Burnet vs Sinton game start?

JASPER- GYM
11-28-2002, 02:30 PM
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!! BEEN ALOT OF WISHFUL THOUGHTS ON THE PART OF BC FANS THIS WEEK. NOT WASHING UNDERWEAR, PULLING OUT LUCKY CHARMS, ECT...PEEBLES WILL BE STOPPED WHEN OUR DEFENCE INTRODUCES HIM TO MR. RIDELL HELMENT!~! THEN YOU CAN GO HOME AND WASH YOUR UNDERWEAR, PANTIES OR WHAT EVER YOU WEAR.

BigRed01
11-28-2002, 02:37 PM
JHS_c/o_06':
I dont think that BC can take jasper. given anything can happen on any day, but as long as all the dogs are healthy, i dont see this game being any different from the last 3. From what i hear BC is pretty 1 dimensional, like cameron was with Pittman. And we all know how that turned out. I dont want to cause any big problems on the board but the only way i see BC with an upset is Jaspers' "curse of the dome". But like the shirt says "unfinished business" and the unfinished business started in the dome last year. I think that the dawgs are gonna overlook the dome problem and play a really good game. Good luck Dawgs.
Jasper 37 Bridge City 0

Ps. What time does the Burnet vs Sinton game start?JHS, I agree with you that for most of the year, Bridge City has been pretty one dimensional. We just don't have a Pittman, we have two in Knight and Peebles, and a linebacking Corps that is one of the best in the state. Last week was somewhat of a revalation for BC, as the first time all year that we had more yards passing then we have running. I know Jasper, has a terrific secondary, but if the passing lanes start opening up, it will open it up for Peebles and Knight as well to do some running. If Peebles get's loose, 11 other teams have felt the pain of that. Bridge City FINALLY seems to be able to catch the ball. We dropped a few against Newton that had TD written all over them. This made us pretty one dimensional as you stated. I caught a little rumor that is floating around about elgiblity, but I won't put it on the forum, because it is not founded. If it's true, I will say BC wins by 10 points instead of 1. I don't believe in the dome curse against you guys. I think that is silly. Poly, the magic medicine man, tried to put a curse on us at the beginning of the year, and that resulted in a 31-14 win over Barbers Hill. With your size and speed, I don't think you have to worry about a silly curse. Good luck on an injury free game to both.

BigRed01
11-28-2002, 02:49 PM
j dawg:
To 85 & Old crow

I don't know where you get you're info
from but JASPER does not condone anybody
getting hurt on any team.I heard it was the kids up there doing it all. The people of Jasper are good Christian people who I am sure wouldn't want anyone, especially a kid getting hurt. However, I did hear that a few immature people up in the stands were doing that. It really discredits such a fine program and community

ball_hawk_5
11-28-2002, 04:54 PM
I like this game alot b/c it gives two teams to show what they both have in front of a huge crowed. Now every body is picking Jasper to spank Bridge City but i think that Bridge City is gonna give them a run for their mouth. Jasper is good and has great recievers and a good back but Bridge has alot of good players all over the field. I watched them play Barbers Hill and the cards just pummled the eagles. The thing that broke the eagles spirits was knights kickoff return. also a key in this game is peebles' runnin ability. he is one of the greatest backs i have seen play this game. another key thing in this game is the defense. nobody gives bridge city thier secondary credit but they are excellent expecially #2.... gotta give i to u man ur bad ass... but enough about bridge city lets get to the dogs. they spanked newton but had to forfeit b/c of a dunb mistake. they have a good offense and a so so defense but u never know what can happen in these kinda games... but my pick is Bridge City 34 Jasper 21 good luck to both teams

mojjo_1
11-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Is the roster on the B C web page correct?

89Dawg
11-28-2002, 07:21 PM
ball_hawk_5:
I like this game alot b/c it gives two teams to show what they both have in front of a huge crowed. Now every body is picking Jasper to spank Bridge City but i think that Bridge City is gonna give them a run for their mouth. Jasper is good and has great recievers and a good back but Bridge has alot of good players all over the field. I watched them play Barbers Hill and the cards just pummled the eagles. The thing that broke the eagles spirits was knights kickoff return. also a key in this game is peebles' runnin ability. he is one of the greatest backs i have seen play this game. another key thing in this game is the defense. nobody gives bridge city thier secondary credit but they are excellent expecially #2.... gotta give i to u man ur bad ass... but enough about bridge city lets get to the dogs. they spanked newton but had to forfeit b/c of a dunb mistake. they have a good offense and a so so defense but u never know what can happen in these kinda games... but my pick is Bridge City 34 Jasper 21 good luck to both teamsA SO, SO DEFENSE! I think you got it backwards. Jasper has a good offense and an Excellent Defense. Jasper's starting defense doesn't get scored on very often. They have yet to be scored on in the playoffs.

I wish a safe trip for and a safe game for all. Wish I could be there. If there is a next game for Jasper, I will see ya there!

Jasper 35
Bridge City 13

Jason1725
11-28-2002, 08:07 PM
ROTFLOL @ Jasper's so so defense. The awakening is coming Saturday, you guy's simply don't understand, but come Saturday night you sure will Jasper 34-0

bulldog_man
11-28-2002, 11:56 PM
Old Cardinal
Varsity
Member # 92

posted November 28, 2002 10:33 AM
You know Bulldog_Man- all you and many others have talked about is how Peebles was stopped against Newton. Yes, he was stopped by putting 3 people meeting him at the line of scrimmage each play. Bridge City, had a new offense, new defense, and new Coach at that time. You folks are in a time-warp; things COULD be different, than that one game. Have you ever thought about it. You are blinded by your own paradigm of what WILL happen this Saturday...I really don't know if they can spring him, that remains to be seen, but it they do, you have no one that can catch him! He has 31 TD's and 1900 yards and has played in 11 other games quite successfully, outside of the Newton game. I just hope your team continues to be as Cocky as you are, then even though we are smaller and do not have 32 Seniors-we still have a chance! That was a LIE, Bulldog_man, he runs as hard as he can and has never "cowered down"-he does the very best he can, for his team. He is a quality young man and a disciplined ballplayer.

Quality young man he may be. But Jasper's 11,(not 1 person) team will dominate him on the field. If Newton's defense held him Jasper will bury him.

bulldog_man
11-28-2002, 11:59 PM
JHS, I agree with you that for most of the year, Bridge City has been pretty one dimensional. We just don't have a Pittman, we have two in Knight and Peebles, and a linebacking Corps that is one of the best in the state. Last week was somewhat of a revalation for BC, as the first time all year that we had more yards passing then we have running. I know Jasper, has a terrific secondary, but if the passing lanes start opening up, it will open it up for Peebles and Knight as well to do some running. If Peebles get's loose, 11 other teams have felt the pain of that. Bridge City FINALLY seems to be able to catch the ball. We dropped a few against Newton that had TD written all over them. This made us pretty one dimensional as you stated. I caught a little rumor that is floating around about elgiblity, but I won't put it on the forum, because it is not founded. If it's true, I will say BC wins by 10 points instead of 1. I don't believe in the dome curse against you guys. I think that is silly. Poly, the magic medicine man, tried to put a curse on us at the beginning of the year, and that resulted in a 31-14 win over Barbers Hill. With your size and speed, I don't think you have to worry about a silly curse. Good luck on an injury free game to both.

------------------------------------------------

Nice to know that Jasper's TEAM has to only hold two players in order to win the game. Thanks for posting that valuable info.

spiveyrat
11-29-2002, 12:02 AM
A so-so defense???
Ah...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... :D

Whew! Thanks man. I can always use a good laugh! :)

<small>[ November 28, 2002, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

j_dog
11-29-2002, 12:41 AM
spiveyrat:
A so-so defense???
Ah...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... :D

Whew! Thanks man. I can always use a good laugh! :) I have to admit that is pretty funny! The defense that held Yoe to something like 13 yards and ZERO points? The same Cameron Yoe team that took the great Marlin team to overtime and lost by only ONE point? The same Marlin team that beat the great 4a Ennis? The same Yoe team that BEFORE the game so many people were touting their QB as the best QB in 3a? A so so defense, yes that is pretty funny.

Seriously you BC folks, you have convinced me that BC has a darned strong offense. It will be very interesting to see if the Dogs can stop it cold also.

JasperDog94
11-29-2002, 01:12 AM
Last week all we heard was Billy Pittman, Billy Pittman, Billy Pitmann. Now its Pebbles, Pebbles, Pebbles. I truely hope for BC's sake that they have someone else besides him. I would be willing to bet that Jasper's "so-so" defense could handle any one player on any offense in 3A. I'm not trying to brag. Having seen them all year, they are just that big AND that fast.

Jasper 34
BC 7

labrat99
11-29-2002, 11:38 AM
JasperDog94 - I disagree; most of the posts on here this week about Peebles have been from the Jasper fans talking about how the Bulldogs were going to shut him down. I've said it before on here, but I think it bears repeating. If you guys win the battle on the line of scrimmage, you win the game. If you dominate the line of scrimmage, then we might see the blowout scores that some of your fans are predicting.

I for one am hoping our kids can hold their own on the lines; if so this is going to be an exciting game. Peebles doesn't attack the line of scrimmage, he waits on the play to develop, finds a hole or seam, and then blows through it. Consequently, if the hole never opens, he can be stopped. But, if he gets into your secondary with a full head of steam, most of the time you can start marking points on the board. He's a quality back, one of the best in 3A; I hope you get to see some of his stuff.

Make no mistake about it, Bridge City has other valuable players on both sides of the ball. Jamie Knight plays EVERY down. He's the kicker, punter, kick returner, punt returner, quarterback, and plays in the secondary. THAT'S an all-around athlete. Incidentally, BC doesn't throw the ball much but Knight can throw it when he needs to. If he has time, he can hurt you.

I'm looking foward to an exciting game. I haven't seen Jasper play, but I understand that the Bulldogs are big, fast, and have 30+ Seniors back from a playoff 4A team. That's a long row for our kids to hoe - I hope they're up for it.

In any case, good luck to both teams and GO BIG RED!

classof 85
11-29-2002, 03:12 PM
Jdawg you can say what you want , but I was sitting on the Jasper side during the Mexia game and heard it with my own ears and couldn't believe it so go deny it to someone who wasn't there. It was poor sportsmanship no matter if it was 10 or all your fans.

bulldog_man
11-29-2002, 03:31 PM
As far as line domination I say Jasper has that battle won. Their d-line is huge in the middle and fast on the outside. they have very good athletes on the linebacking corp as well. Jasper's o-line is also very dominant. they have given up few sacks all year and opens some big holes up for the backs. I dont know much about BC but i know thier d-line is small and quick. good luck to both sides.

BHcheeze24
11-29-2002, 03:40 PM
"Peebles doesn't attack the line of scrimmage, he waits on the play to develop, finds a hole or seam, and then blows through it. "

The first thing i told my dad after the BH BC game was i like how those bc boys waited back and then finally old Pebbles would just take off. And also no kidding about Knight man we were like hey thats the same guy, hey there he is again, then he shows up again doing something else just sec later. He played everything. That return he made for a td was something else.

Good luck BC!!!

Old Cardinal
11-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Boy, I didn't want to get into this one, but I was also at the Mexia/Jasper game. I happened to be sitting among the Jasper parents and they seemed to be appalled also when a contingency of full grown adults(approx. 20) continued to roar their approval and laugh while the Mexia player was on the ground. It was NOT a large group, and they might have been drinking, but it was distasteful and not very mature. They were not a good example for the youth attending. All in all, the fans all around me were Parents who were kind, friendly, and fun to attend a ballgame with. I repeat, it was only a few disrespectful people that seemed to be slightly out of order. I like the Jasper fans, as a whole they are fine Christian people pulling for their team. If they win tomorrow, I will be in the stands pulling for our friends from East Texas.

sntnpirate1316
11-29-2002, 04:58 PM
jasper over cardinals
but im rooting for the underdogs, not the bull dogs
get em bc!

snowsnake
11-29-2002, 05:17 PM
classof 85:
Jdawg you can say what you want , but I was sitting on the Jasper side during the Mexia game and heard it with my own ears and couldn't believe it so go deny it to someone who wasn't there. It was poor sportsmanship no matter if it was 10 or all your fans.Hey Class of 85: I'll say this one more time for those of you that seem to be unable to comprehend or are just trying to use any little ole thing to raise a stink. The cheering was for an eighteen yard loss on a sack that ended a potential scoring drive. As soon as it was realized that BP was down, the cheering abated, unlike the incident in the latter part of the game where Jorie was down and the cheering started after they realized who was on the turf. If you were (really???) at the game you should have been paying closer attention. This is football and when a great play is made people are going to cheer. Get over it. Surely you can come up with a more up to date complaint than that.
GO DAWGS!!!

snowsnake
11-29-2002, 05:22 PM
BHcheeze24:
"Peebles doesn't attack the line of scrimmage, he waits on the play to develop, finds a hole or seam, and then blows through it. "

The first thing i told my dad after the BH BC game was i like how those bc boys waited back and then finally old Pebbles would just take off. And also no kidding about Knight man we were like hey thats the same guy, hey there he is again, then he shows up again doing something else just sec later. He played everything. That return he made for a td was something else.

Good luck BC!!!Just like Billy Pittman did. Wonder if Knight will be wanting to get out like the other wonder player? I guess time will tell.
GO DAWGS!!!

snowsnake
11-29-2002, 05:24 PM
mojjo_1:
Is the roster on the B C web page correct?HeY Mojo: I talked to the coaches today and they told me that the Right Off Tackle was the biggest lineman at 220 and that the Left Off Guard was the smallest lineman at 185. Everyone else was in between these wts. GO DAWGS!!!

j dawg
11-29-2002, 05:36 PM
One more time for you hard heads out there.
85 you don't know what you are talking about
When the dust clears out of the DOME Jasper
prevail's. Not that B.C. did'nt give it's best
But the best win's, To much talent in Jasper.
Plus a great coaching staff.

P.S. Jasper35 B.C.10???
Be safe and play smart :cool: :cool:

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 05:36 PM
Wow. BC's not gonna be able to block us if that's all they have. How big is their D-line?

spiveyrat
11-29-2002, 05:56 PM
<small>[ November 29, 2002, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: spiveyrat ]</small>

spiveyrat
11-29-2002, 05:57 PM
Kenny,
My mom sent me a tape of the Cameron game. Boy, those announcers weren't kidding! There was a VERY noticable difference in Jasper's and Cameron's size. And man, they are fast (Jasper)! Although, Cameron's Pittman was a very good athlete to see. He just didn't have enough size in his line to give him any time to do anything. He ran around behind the line of scrimmage the whole game. But, I'll give him his props, he did "make" a few things happen for the Yoemen. If BC's line is comparable to Cameron's, I think I know what the outcome of the "battle in the trenches" will be. 18 hours til gametime. Go DAWGS!

Ghost_25
11-29-2002, 06:05 PM
Everyone thinks they have a chance against Jasper until the ball is kicked off.

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 06:40 PM
That's a strong first post there, Ghost. Welcome aboard... :D

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 06:43 PM
Is there any way to make a copy of that tape, spivey? I know it's not the state game or anything close to it, but when you can see your Dogs for the first time in 12 years, you'll take what you can get. I'd be more than happy to buy a tape and repay any shipping cost for it. :D

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 06:45 PM
By the way, you can listen to the game on kogt.com. Go into the Sports tab on the front page and there's a link to listen in the middle of the page. :D

Ghost_25
11-29-2002, 07:02 PM
I just got 1 thing to say to BC, sorry you got in the way.

bccards
11-29-2002, 07:02 PM
Bulldog92: Maybe we should tell KOGT not to stream the game tomorrow so everyone not at the game will not know what's going on!! j/k Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from Houston tomorrow!

Bulldog92
11-29-2002, 07:17 PM
That's just wrong, man. I've been looking forward to this game ever since it became apparent that they might play. To take it away would be a minor tragedy... :D

exbccards76'smom
11-29-2002, 07:56 PM
Everyone be safe on the way to the game tomorrow. See ya' there!!

Go Big Red!!

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Birds_/Birds_Cardinal_walks_prv.gif

BigRed01
11-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Is there any truth to a rumor that's going around, that the quarterback for Jasper is ineligible. I keep hearing this, but don't know if it has any validity. I'm sure there is some Jasper fans that know the real scoop with this. If you don't know, don't reply. If you know for sure, and you have a valid source, then it would O.K. If this is true, I pick Bridge City by 10. If it's not, I say BC wins in a nailbiter by 1.

spiveyrat
11-29-2002, 09:33 PM
bccards: your last statement... NOT FUNNY!!! :D wink

Kenny: It would be just easier for me to just send it to you. Let me know...

mechanic
11-29-2002, 10:50 PM
Sounds like to me BIG RED 01 that the only people starting or asking about these rumors might be from BC. If he was ineligible he would not be playing . Play he will and so will the rest of the Dogs, we will even furnish the crying towels for you.Another thing if he did not play we would still beat your BC Cardinals by more than 20. Nuff said.

mechanic
11-29-2002, 10:53 PM
Sounds like to me BIG RED 01 that the only people starting or asking about these rumors might be some wishful thinking fans from BC. If he was ineligible he would not be playing . Play he will and so will the rest of the Dogs.Another thing if he did not play we would still beat your BC Cardinals by more than 20. Nuff said.

JASPER- GYM
11-29-2002, 10:56 PM
twas the night before the big game, one last piece of "smack" for our good friends... the BC off. will be pebble's and the Jasper "D" will be "BAM"!"BAM"!!!!! (those with kids will get it)

Friday- 9 hr drive home to Jasper
Saturday- 2.5 hr drive to dome,$50.00 for tickets and food,
watching all my "SMACK" come true-NOW THATS PRICLESS!!
ps. gas is .10 cheaper in Houston.

j_dog
11-30-2002, 12:17 AM
Talkin's over. See you tomorrow at the Dome! Good luck to both teams and may they be injury free for the semi's!!

SintonFan
11-30-2002, 10:44 AM
Good luck to both teams!

JasperDog94
11-30-2002, 11:52 AM
Man I love living near Houston. That means that I get to talk the last bit of SMACK before the game.

Unfortunately it looks like any SMACK I could say has already been said. Good luck to both teams.

Go Dawgs! :cool:

JasperDog94
11-30-2002, 11:53 AM
Hey, we're close to 200 posts!

exbccards76'smom
11-30-2002, 08:05 PM
Congrats to Jasper!! ya'll played an excellent game. You are headed to a championship. We made too many mistakes and couldn't keep up. Good luck next week.