PDA

View Full Version : A Good Place to eat in Dallas?

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Headed over to Lower Greenville this afternoon. Going to the Granada Theater to see Todd Snider tonight. Need good food first. Am thinking of trying the restaurant at Hotel ZaZa. Any other suggestions?

Emerson1
03-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Campisi's Egyptian Lounge
5610 E. Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX 75206
Zip Code : 75206

Bullaholic
03-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Headed over to Lower Greenville this afternoon. Going to the Granada Theater to see Todd Snider tonight. Need good food first. Am thinking of trying the restaurant at Hotel ZaZa. Any other suggestions?

The "Old Warsaw" is one of those Dallas restaurants that I have heard about for years, but never got a chance to try. It is $$$$, but offers dining in the classic old restaurant tradition, which I know you will appreciate having spent some time in New Orleans. If you go, please give me a report....

Old Warsaw (http://www.oldwarsaw.com/site/)

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 09:48 AM
Remember, I'm going to see Todd, so I'm going to be wearing my hippie clothes. Price doesn't matter, but a dress code will keep me out of a few places.

SintonFan
03-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Fogo de Chao

Nothing like it. Stay all day and eat all day.

Link (http://www.fogodechao.com/index.php?id=62)

Antec
03-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Kind of expensive -Don't spend that much for two of us.

We try to eat under $20 with our low budget.

Bullaholic
03-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Remember, I'm going to see Todd, so I'm going to be wearing my hippie clothes. Price doesn't matter, but a dress code will keep me out of a few places.

http://www.pcpros-tx.com/hippie.bmp

"Wow--I don't own a jacket or a tie, man. Bummer man, that you don't believe that $50,000 maroon custom 4X4 ride is mine. You give me negative old Republican vibes, man."

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 10:39 AM
I tried to rent a Prius Limo for the concert, just to be funny, but I couldn't find one anywhere. So we are just gonna take the Maxima. :(

Keep the food suggestions coming.

Hey Bull, how did you know I owned that shirt and headband?

jason
03-25-2011, 10:49 AM

Hey Bull, how did you know I owned that shirt and headband? hell, i thought that was you

Bullaholic
03-25-2011, 10:54 AM
I tried to rent a Prius Limo for the concert, just to be funny, but I couldn't find one anywhere. So we are just gonna take the Maxima. :(

Keep the food suggestions coming.

Hey Bull, how did you know I owned that shirt and headband?

Tommy Chong told me.....

Pendragon13
03-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The "Old Warsaw" is one of those Dallas restaurants that I have heard about for years, but never got a chance to try. It is $$$$, but offers dining in the classic old restaurant tradition, which I know you will appreciate having spent some time in New Orleans. If you go, please give me a report....

Old Warsaw (http://www.oldwarsaw.com/site/) Uhh..maybe I'm dumb and uncultured, but why is a French restaurant named for a city in Poland?:confused:

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Uhh..maybe I'm dumb and uncultured, but why is a French restaurant named for a city in Poland?:confused:

You're RIGHT!!!

You are dumb and uncultured. :D

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Tommy Chong told me.....

Me and Tommy go way back. Next time he comes to town I will give you a call. That is if you think you can handle the pressure. :eek:

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Fogo de Chao

Nothing like it. Stay all day and eat all day.

Link (http://www.fogodechao.com/index.php?id=62)

Cool! But I'm not gonna be dressed for this. Maybe lunch tomorrow. Staying at the ZaZa after the show.

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Cool! But I'm not gonna be dressed for this. Maybe lunch tomorrow. Staying at the ZaZa after the show.

Fogo de Chao for lunch tomorrow? I'll meetcha, homie.

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Fogo de Chao for lunch tomorrow? I'll meetcha, homie.

We might just do that, if I survive the night. We are getting ready to leave. I might try to post some video if I can get some good shots.

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 01:38 PM
We might just do that, if I survive the night. We are getting ready to leave. I might try to post some video if I can get some good shots.

Lemmie know!

lostaussie
03-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Fogo de Chao
Is the bomb. That is all.

Blastoderm55
03-25-2011, 01:59 PM
My dad and stepmom were taken out to Fogo de Chao (that's the Brazilian steakhouse right?) last year by my dad's boss. Stepmom ordered a dessert that came with a scotch aged like 70 years or something like that, and came with a hefty price tag. Dad said the boss with really ticked off when the drink was too strong for her and she diluted it in iced tea. :doh:

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 04:09 PM
We're gonna do Campisi's.

OnceABucJr
03-25-2011, 07:22 PM
If you like GENUINE Asian Food (Singapore, Malaysian, Indonesian, Thai, etc.) try Secret Recipe in Carrollton. It seems to be one of the places where a lot of the asian/locals eat and that's usually a pretty good indication!