PDA

View Full Version : Best Burgers!

oldtownag
03-25-2011, 07:01 AM
Fat Ho Burgers (http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/headlines/Business_Was_Booming_Wednesday_Fat_Ho_Burgers__118 543624.html)

poisoned10
03-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Fat Ho Burgers (http://www.kwtx.com/ourtown/headlines/Business_Was_Booming_Wednesday_Fat_Ho_Burgers__118 543624.html)

Link = Fail

oldtownag
03-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Try this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irpx5R6kBO0)

Coach BS
03-25-2011, 08:52 AM
Looked like a frozen patty , it cant be that great

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Keller's Drive Inn makes a good burger.

trojandad
03-25-2011, 09:14 AM
ranch hand cafe, between cleveland and dayton......hamburgers so tall they use an 8" steak knife in the middle to hold it together.....4 onion rings so large nobody in my family as ever finished an order alone (when ordering we order "an order of mud tires", they're THAT big).....two sizes of chicken fried steak, the SMALL order is so big it's served on a platter but a separate plate is needed for the overhang.....and the best part, they make a dessert called dump cake (i FINALLY got the recipe) that has such an incredibly good smell that my daughter can always tell from the parking lot whether they are making dump cake that day......

and all from the most wonderful, spiritual family.....love giving great people lots of business.....

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Herd's in Jacksboro. End thread.

waterboy
03-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Keller's Drive Inn makes a good burger.
And they are a drive-in that sells beer.:D

I'll take a number 5 and a Bud Light longneck, please!;)

nobogey72
03-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Herd's in Jacksboro. End thread.

We go through Jacksboro all the time on the way to the lake. Where is Herd's? We come in from Graham, Bryson, and then turn north towards Bowie. I've never noticed it.

Saggy Aggie
03-25-2011, 10:18 AM
lol'd at "supa fly ho w/ chz"

Even I can't hate on this place b/c a 23 y/o black girl 'worked her way through college" and opened this place.

good for her. She can call it whatever she wants. :clap:

trojandad
03-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
lol'd at "supa fly ho w/ chz"

Even I can't hate on this place b/c a 23 y/o black girl 'worked her way through college" and opened this place.

good for her. She can call it whatever she wants. :clap:

!!!!!!!!!!!!A B S O L U T E L Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
We go through Jacksboro all the time on the way to the lake. Where is Herd's? We come in from Graham, Bryson, and then turn north towards Bowie. I've never noticed it.

Jacksboro hwy, northern edge of town. It's easy to miss, but stop and ask anyone in town and they'll you where it is. Or, just google it. Tons of articles about it. It was the only, and I mean ONLY, positive thing about my time in the J Hole.

Txbroadcaster
03-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Butcher Shop in Longview makes a great one..G finally got to try it this year and he now swears by it as well

waterboy
03-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Butcher Shop in Longview makes a great one..G finally got to try it this year and he now swears by it as well
Yep, the Butcher Shop is good. I prefer Jucy's, though.:clap:

Rabid Cougar
03-25-2011, 12:02 PM
Tex Millers in Cameron...
But I would settle for a Whataburger right now.

Rabid Cougar
03-25-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Tex Millers in Cameron...
Capt Billy Whizbang's 4 X 4 in Waco.

But I would settle for a Whataburger right now.

Bullaholic
03-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Kincaid's- Ft. Worth

Phantom Stang
03-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by oldtownag
Fledgling Businesswoman Put All She Owned Into Fat Ho Burgers

WACO (March 24, 2011)--Lakita Evans, 23, whose just-opened Fat Ho Burgers restaurant in South Waco is receiving nationwide attention, said Thursday she doesn’t know why she’s getting so much criticism about her choice of a name for the business.

"I don't know why they are talking bad about the restaurant, I mean all this is my money and I struggled," Evans said Thursday.

"I had to sell my car, my tires, my television, my laptop, and my computer to get this up,” she said.

Evans is one of six children reared by a single mother in Waco and Marlin, and the only one of the six to graduate from college.

"She's been working ever since she was 16-years-old and had to walk to school and walk home late at night," Evans' mother, Shirley Evans said Thursday.

The restaurant opened Tuesday to a crowd of curious diners and business was so good on Wednesday that the cash-only business first ran out of cash and then used up its supply of beef.

Lunch-hour diners waited in line for 30 minutes or longer Wednesday and for most the attraction was the new restaurant’s provocative name.

"I just wanted to see what all the talk was about,” one diner said.

The restaurant on South 11th Street near Interstate 35 got plenty of press ahead of the opening thanks to its name, which Evans said was inspired by the movie “Phat Girlz.”

"I was watching “Phat Girlz”…and they had like a fat ass burger and skinny ass fries,” she said.

The Fat Ho menu includes such choices as a “Supa Fly Ho,” which is a single-patty burger, and a “Supa Dupa Fly Ho,” which is a double.

Not all of the buzz has been positive, however.

One former Waco resident has created a Facebook group asking Evans to come up with a different name for the business.

The group, Keep Waco Positive, sent a letter to Evans that said, “Naming your business Fat Ho Burgers is neither funny nor cute.”

The group says the name glamorizes misogyny or the hatred of women.

(Lauren Westbrook and KeSha Lopez contributed to this story)

Go to http://www.kwtx.com and you'll find a link to the story.

Saggy Aggie
03-25-2011, 12:15 PM
lolz @ feminists getting upset at the name of a business that a woman created.

waterboy
03-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
lolz @ feminists getting upset at the name of a business that a woman created.
I thought that was kind of funny, too. I guess they are offended by the moniker, "Fat Ho", because it may befit some of them....:D

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Im still trying to figure out why she worked her way through college to open a business? :thinking:

PPHSfan
03-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Kincaid's- Ft. Worth

+1

Txbroadcaster
03-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by waterboy

never was a Jucy's fan

Phantom Stang
03-25-2011, 12:59 PM
The Malt Shop in Weatherford

Charlie47
03-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Moo-yah Burgers
Village at Allen
Allen, TX;)

87 TIGER
03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
If your in my neck of the woods it's gotta be mine. The Ranch in Rockdale, come by and check it out I garontee you will love it.

waterboy
03-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
never was a Jucy's fan
The one at Hwy 80 and the Spur, no. The one on Eastman Rd., yes. I love their beans, too. I stopped eating at the Butcher Shop a couple of years ago when they got a bad review from the health department. They've cleaned that up, but I can't get those thoughts out of my head.

BaseballUmp
03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
If your in my neck of the woods it's gotta be mine. The Ranch in Rockdale, come by and check it out I garontee you will love it.
Fo free?

lostaussie
03-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Jacksboro hwy, northern edge of town. It's easy to miss, but stop and ask anyone in town and they'll you where it is. Or, just google it. Tons of articles about it. It was the only, and I mean ONLY, positive thing about my time in the J Hole. No like the Green Frog chicken fry?

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
No like the Green Frog chicken fry?

No. Although, the wednesday night all you can ribs at Dairyland were pretty good. Unfortunately, after a losing season, a coach can't really be seen in public.

Bullaholic
03-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
No like the Green Frog chicken fry?

How does a web-footed East Texas lad know about places in Jacksboro? I know--you fished Lake Jacksboro...:D

87 TIGER
03-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Fo free? Just don't bring old tiger with you

1st and goal
03-26-2011, 07:55 AM
In Victoria there is Dairy Treet. Good burgers, nothing fancy, sit in your car (no seating). Get a chocolate malt or the sherbet of the day while you are there. On the corner of Laurent and Crestwood.

coach
03-26-2011, 03:46 PM
texas sports bar and grill has an amazing cheese burger here in nacogdoches

Chief Woodman
03-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Born in Fort Worth, lived in Decatur for several years. Kinkaid’s is GREAT. Especially at the original grocery store location just off of Camp Bowie Blvd. Hurd’s is equally great in J-town. A third option just north of Decatur is Greenwood burger in Greenwood TX. (www.greenwoodgroceryandgrill.com/hamburger.html) What I say now is NOT saying that anyone of them is anything less than great. It just indicates how great the other’s are. If I had an equal distance to drive to each one of them…Kincaid’s would be the last choice. All three are so good that EVERYONE should make an effort to eventually go to all three. They are that great.

buckeyebob
03-27-2011, 06:31 AM

I'm with you there...but, I still think Swanner's is the King of East Texas Burgers (every Staurday with a slab of pie)...my cardiologist recommends them.

TheDOCTORdre
03-27-2011, 08:25 AM
since that chick owns Fat Ho is she a pimp?

PPHSfan
03-27-2011, 08:40 AM
On another note.

Does anyone see the Irony in Fat Ho's thriving, while Sambo's and Kip's Big Boy were forced to close their doors?

trojandad
03-27-2011, 09:01 AM
On another note.

Does anyone see the Irony in Fat Ho's thriving, while Sambo's and Kip's Big Boy were forced to close their doors?

my former accountant used to do the books for sam battistone, original owner of sambo's (and the original new orleans jazz owner), he told me they closed more from terrible practices with numbers than the racial backlash on the name.....

but your point is a good one.......

PPHSfan
03-27-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
my former accountant used to do the books for sam battistone, original owner of sambo's (and the original new orleans jazz owner), he told me they closed more from terrible practices with numbers than the racial backlash on the name.....

but your point is a good one.......

What's funny is the restaurant was named for the two founders, not the tiger tamer. :D

GetRDoneStangs
03-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Mary's in Strawn. We were enjoying their kick ass chickin fry when some boys wanted a burger. The waitress told them it would take longer for the burger and they had no problem...plenty of cold beer....and when it came out it was HUGE!! The buns did not come close to covering the burger.

If it as good as the chicken fry...they get a vote for sure!!

Ernest T Bass
03-27-2011, 03:06 PM
What's funny is the restaurant was named for the two founders, not the tiger tamer. :D

:spitlol: :fnypost:

VWG
03-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Ranchman's Steakhouse in Ponder, TX.
Makes a great hamburger.

And Hurd's in J-town is overrated.

LIONS#1
03-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
Mary's in Strawn. We were enjoying their kick ass chickin fry when some boys wanted a burger. The waitress told them it would take longer for the burger and they had no problem...plenty of cold beer....and when it came out it was HUGE!! The buns did not come close to covering the burger.

If it as good as the chicken fry...they get a vote for sure!!

I second Mary's Burger!!! Frickin awesome!!:D Dirty Martin's in Austin is a good burger as well...the old fashion greasy burger!!

Tired ole Bobcat
03-28-2011, 02:30 PM
It has been said Burger Fixins in Celina makes a pretty good burger.

bobcat1
03-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tired ole Bobcat
It has been said Burger Fixins in Celina makes a pretty good burger. Yes they do!

bobcat1
03-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Herd's in Jacksboro. End thread. Yep that's a real good burger for sure. One of my all time favorites is Scott's Drive In in Wichita Falls Texas. Home of the Big Scotty. Pat's in Wichita Falls was my second choice when I lived there.:D

bobcat1
03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Kincaid's- Ft. Worth They are okay in my book.

waterboy
03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by buckeyebob
I'm with you there...but, I still think Swanner's is the King of East Texas Burgers (every Staurday with a slab of pie)...my cardiologist recommends them.
Swanner's definitely makes some good old-fashioned hamburgers! You may be old enough to remember another hamburger joint back a "few" years ago called Mrs. Lovell's......now THAT was the absolute best burger I ever ate, bar none!

grahampaw
03-28-2011, 05:13 PM
another hole in the wall , newcastle texas . almost as good as the origanal.

garciap77
03-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by grahampaw
another hole in the wall , newcastle texas . almost as good as the origanal.

The hole in the wall in Graham is one of the best. I'm not sure if it's still there, last few times I tried to eat there it was closed.

BaseballUmp
03-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Herk's Burgers in Lexington are pretty good. Jalapeno buns made fresh everyday.

It's in a little convenience store as you are heading south out of town but it's pretty dang good.

Still not as good as Tex Miller's in Cameron though

AP Panther Fan
03-28-2011, 05:42 PM
In Corpus Christi I like Fuddrucker's and Wallbangers for burgers.

Fuddrucker's has some really good "seasoned" french fries and Wallbanger's has an old fashioned chocolate malt some might consider killing for.

buckeyebob
03-29-2011, 05:47 AM
Swanner's definitely makes some good old-fashioned hamburgers! You may be old enough to remember another hamburger joint back a "few" years ago called Mrs. Lovell's......now THAT was the absolute best burger I ever ate, bar none!

YES!! Mike, Mrs. Lovell's grandson, found the original grill in a storeroom at her house after her passing...has the recipe and built an outdoor kitchen to house it...they still tastes the same...wonderful.

waterboy
03-29-2011, 07:39 AM
YES!! Mike, Mrs. Lovell's grandson, found the original grill in a storeroom at her house after her passing...has the recipe and built an outdoor kitchen to house it...they still tastes the same...wonderful.
No kidding? I want one! Tell Mike he needs to open up a restaurant. I'll even help him!

Txbroadcaster
03-29-2011, 07:44 AM
The best Burger I ever ate was at a place in Marshall called Toddys...Miss that place...also had great BBQ and there were fries were out of the world awesome

pancho villa
03-29-2011, 08:05 AM
2 great burgers in my NECK of the woods.

Gus's BBQ in Texas City awsome Burger, and 36 bar and Grill in Needville fantastic.

Also another favorite is Chicken Oil Company in College Station.

crzyjournalist03
03-29-2011, 08:47 AM
RG Burgers & Grill in Denton

Great tasting burgers, good portions (1/2 lb. patty on their singles) and unique burger of the day every day and a unique burger of the month too. I believe their buns are homemade. There's a slightly sweet flavor to them that's really good.

Buckeye1980
03-29-2011, 08:34 PM
Went to place today that just opened (today) called Cheeburger Cheeburger, DAMN good hamburger. Not in the same style as Swanner's in Gilmer but it was best I have had in Longview. Have a one pounder on menu that you can eat and get picture on the wall , see more at www.cheeburger.com

T-Time
03-29-2011, 08:46 PM
Alamo Springs between Fredericksburg and Comfort. Save your bottle caps, that how they keep up with your COLD beverages.

Lovecreek Orchards store in Medina: jalapeno/chees bun, pepperjack cheese, and green chillies.

Old LB
03-29-2011, 09:01 PM
I prefer burgers made at home but one place I liked was Guerra's Grill, Gonzales, TX.

rangerjim60
03-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Jaxx Gourmet Burgers in Paris, TX The Jack Kirvorkian - guaranteed heart attack - I survived. Plus they have a 8 patty burger, 12 slices of cheese and more - only $20.

zebrablue2
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
The Hill in Bellville! As good as they were 30 yrs ago!!!

buckeyebob
03-30-2011, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Buckeye1980
Went to place today that just opened (today) called Cheeburger Cheeburger, DAMN good hamburger. Not in the same style as Swanner's in Gilmer but it was best I have had in Longview. Have a one pounder on menu that you can eat and get picture on the wall , see more at www.cheeburger.com

Where is it? Will have to give it a try.

Buckeye1980
03-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Where is it? Will have to give it a try.

Just north of Lowe's on 4th street

waterboy
03-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by rangerjim60
Jaxx Gourmet Burgers in Paris, TX The Jack Kirvorkian - guaranteed heart attack - I survived. Plus they have a 8 patty burger, 12 slices of cheese and more - only $20.
Where is this place? I might have to try it out the next time I'm in Paris.