PDA

View Full Version : I need GE's accounting team

Blastoderm55
03-24-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm trying to legally hide the $1,000 in revenues (~ 75% profit) my wife makes each month through her online store. Meanwhile, GE has managed to legally hide billions. Very impressive.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42260137/ns/business-us_business/

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Shared sacrifcies.

Blastoderm55
03-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Shared sacrifcies.

Indeed. I did everything legally within my means and only managed to reduce profits to ~55%. GE's got some master wizards at work. Oh well, guess I'll just pay the piper. Us little guys won't get a slap on the wrist for keeping money from Uncle Sam.

Old LB
03-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Check out my new signature. :D

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
Check out my new signature. :D

I got a few :cool:

Old LB
03-24-2011, 10:32 PM
I got a few :cool:

Well, get to work. I have been reading all our post about the economy and the bad times. I want to ask you a question and you may not like it but it is sincere.

Do you allow your students to piss and moan about advesity or do you encourage them to find ways to overcome it?

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Well, get to work. I have been reading all our post about the economy and the bad times. I want to ask you a question and you may not like it but it is sincere.

Do you allow your students to piss and moan about advesity or do you encourage them to find ways to overcome it?

Of course I don't simply allow it. Ive done quite a few things. Ive written my representitives, Ive participated in panel discussions, Ive participated in marches and demonstrations, Ive written officials with the ATPE, UEA, and TSTA; and Ive voted. Ive even presented alternative solutions to problems that have only been given devistating answers.
Ive also attempted to make people aware of what has happened, what is happening, and what is being proposed.
Im not sure what else I can do at this point, outside of violent rebellion.

Old LB
03-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Of course I don't simply allow it. Ive done quite a few things. Ive written my representitives, Ive participated in panel discussions, Ive participated in marches and demonstrations, Ive written officials with the ATPE, UEA, and TSTA; and Ive voted. Ive even presented alternative solutions to problems that have only been given devistating answers.
Ive also attempted to make people aware of what has happened, what is happening, and what is being proposed.
Im not sure what else I can do at this point, outside of violent rebellion.

You seem to be fighting the system rather than working to change it. To set aside your emotions and refocus may be one of the most difficult thing ever. Good luck, thanks for answering the question.

One of the smartest men I ever knew once told me that everybody needs somebody. Sometimes to overcome what you hate the most you have to fight fire with fire.

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 11:24 PM
You seem to be fighting the system rather than working to change it. To set aside your emotions and refocus may be one of the most difficult thing ever. Good luck, thanks for answering the question.

One of the smartest men I ever knew once told me that everybody needs somebody. Sometimes to overcome what you hate the most you have to fight fire with fire.

Sounds to me like all of those things ARE attempts to change it. So, Im not sure what you're getting at. So, please elaborate(that's sincere, by the way).
Im also fighting to stay alive within the same system. I just dropped $720 on certifcation tests to try to add some teaching certifications. Maybe I'll be able to keep my career if Im a little more marketable.

Old LB
03-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Sounds to me like all of those things ARE attempts to change it. So, Im not sure what you're getting at. So, please elaborate(that's sincere, by the way).
Im also fighting to stay alive within the same system. I just dropped $720 on certifcation tests to try to add some teaching certifications. Maybe I'll be able to keep my career if Im a little more marketable.

Maybe you truly have the answer to the problem and this effort needs you or maybe it is someone else that you need. Another politician left or right will not solve this. They are all out of touch with reality, this is one of things that will require a long term change. Someone to dig in and put in the work required to bring it out of the hole. Mr. Perry has not lost any sleep over e-mails and protesters. He is not losing anything, neither are any of the other politicians. Even if he is not reelected he will never live like you and I.