mwrams
03-24-2011, 05:26 PM
Dropping down has definitely helped our athletic program here at Mineral Wells

Football team won district this year.
Boys Basketball- Bi-District champs
Girls Basketball - Bi District Champs
Boys Soccer- Still class 4A...Playoff Qualifier
Girls Soccer - Still class 4A...playoff Qualifier
Girls Softball Team still in playoff hunt.
Boys Golf Team - Ranked #2 in Class 3A
Boys track team picked to win district, placed 1st @ Brownwood Bluebonnet relays.

I know several other schools do well in several sports ie...Decatur, Abilene Wylie, Argyle, Lucas Lovejoy, Just an observation.

AngeloState39
03-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by mwrams

I know several other schools do well in several sports ie...Decatur BLASPHEMY

Old Green
03-24-2011, 07:33 PM
If you have the program in place in a higher classification, then it helps when you drop down sometimes depending on what district you drop into too.

Congrats to the MW athletic Dept.

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
The Miserable Smells Lambs got'em a good HFC/AD. I hope they don't run this one off like they did the last good one.

FB-fanatic
03-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Pretty good with a 961 enrollment. Try 481 - Lorena.

Football 1st in district
Vollyball bi-district champs
Both boys and girls basketball district champs+
Both soccer teams in playoffs.

In a district w/ the likes of LaVega, China Spring, and Gatesville.

Rabid Cougar
03-25-2011, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Pretty good with a 961 enrollment. Try 481 - Lorena.

Football 1st in district
Vollyball bi-district champs
Both boys and girls basketball district champs+
Both soccer teams in playoffs.

In a district w/ the likes of LaVega, China Spring, and Gatesville.
Don't include us in the big school realm. More like middle of the road. China Spring has only 650. 2nd smallest in the District.

Twirling Time
03-25-2011, 06:27 AM
The budget crisis is going to mean fewer new schools will be built, which will push fewer 4A schools down to 3A. Maybe not in 2012 because those schools are in the pipeline already, but you'll see it in 2014.

ccmom
03-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
Don't include us in the big school realm. More like middle of the road. China Spring has only 650. 2nd smallest in the District.

I don't think he was saying China Spring is a big school. I believe he was saying they have a good athletic program and a tough district.

Cam
03-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Depends on the district I guess. Ask Lampasas. They competed hard in their 4A district that included Lake Travis and finished 3-3. Dropping down to 3A, everyone expected them to rule Liberty Hill, Burnet, and the rest...Didn't happen. Finished 1-4 in district and they missed the playoffs.....

Rabid Cougar
03-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I don't think he was saying China Spring is a big school. I believe he was saying they have a good athletic program and a tough district.

No. No one from our district would ever compliment another member, overtly or covertly.

BullBoy
03-25-2011, 02:23 PM
Enjoy it while you can, Bridgeport WILL get their revenge this coming football season!!!:mad:

FB-fanatic
03-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by ccmom

That is exactly what I meant. Tough district - CS and LV past state runner-ups, Gatesville 2000 state champ, etc.

mwrams
03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm picking Mineral Wells to repeat as the bring back the whole backfield and a couple of receivers.