PDA

View Full Version : Football talk

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Most overrated team going into next year and the biggest sleeper?

Who made a big run last year and won't do crap this year? Someone who didn't make the playoffs or made an early exit this year that will make a run next season?

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Brownwood for overrated

Henderson will fall off IMO

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Brownwood for overrated

Henderson will fall off IMO Chapel Hill is gonna go undefeated.

Black_Magic
03-24-2011, 11:55 AM
I dont know who is overrated... I didnt know there was anyone rated yet. IF there is then Im sorry but dont you have to be rated frist to be OVERrated?:thinking:

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't doubt it...they return pretty much everybody, correct?

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Snyder for the won't do crap. :stirpot:

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I dont know who is overrated... I didnt know there was anyone rated yet. IF there is then Im sorry but dont you have to be rated frist to be OVERrated?:thinking: alright douche, so much for trying to make football conversation.

And yeah, They return nearly everyone and they just beat the ish outta us in the semi's.

Chillfan
03-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I wouldn't doubt it...they return pretty much everybody, correct?

Losing 1 OL, 1 WR, 1 RB, 1 DL, 2 LB'S, 1 DB

Lee will be tough to replace at the LB/RB spot. It was confirmed that a starting DLineman from Carthage has started working out at CH. The defense will look even better this year IMO with some good talent moving up. Guys will be fighting for a position where as normal there isnt alot of competition due too lack of depth.

Saenz (QB) had a good first full season of football last year. I think he made a few mental mistakes in the big game last year but learned alot. He should be more prepared and is beefing up.

I think the best thing for CH this year vs last year is depth and some young guys getting some good experience.

I think if the kids keep their heads screwed on straight, they should make another good run.

About Henderson-I expect them to be just as good. They have some great coaching over there.

Chillfan
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Week 3 will be a interesting matchup with Carthage and CH at Carthage. Should be a good one.

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Chillfan
Week 3 will be a interesting matchup with Carthage and CH at Carthage. Should be a good one. In week 3, ch prolly takes it.... Not so sure come playoff time. Carthage will prolly take some time to get going.... But once they do...

carter08
03-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Cuero is always overrated.

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 01:22 PM
What ever happened to Port Isabel...they used to be perennial now you hardly hear about them.

carter08
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Port Isabel is overrated.

Chillfan
03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
In week 3, ch prolly takes it.... Not so sure come playoff time. Carthage will prolly take some time to get going.... But once they do...

thats right saggy. They start slow and end strong.

Black_Magic
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
alright douche, so much for trying to make football conversation.

And yeah, They return nearly everyone and they just beat the ish outta us in the semi's. why you calling me a douche?? what I said was just legit... I mean can you show me a ranking or any kind of top 10-20? Like I said Im sorry if Im mistaken but why name call?

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
why you calling me a douche?? what I said was just legit... I mean can you show me a ranking or any kind of top 10-20? Like I said Im sorry if Im mistaken but why name call? I think we all have an idea of who will be ranked and who wont. There's no official poll but the usual contenders and the teams with a lot of hype going into this year? I asked for sleepers and other stuff as well....

And If you wanna be technical we can go off the final poll from 2010 if you want a poll that bad.

Just use some judgement and common sense and quit being a technical ass.

ccmom
03-24-2011, 02:32 PM
I think we all have an idea of who will be ranked and who wont. There's no official poll but the usual contenders and the teams with a lot of hype going into this year? I asked for sleepers and other stuff as well....

And If you wanna be technical we can go off the final poll from 2010 if you want a poll that bad.

Just use some judgement and common sense and quit being a technical ass. Wow...:rolleyes:

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Wow...:rolleyes: all you west texas people are the same.

bobcat1
03-24-2011, 03:19 PM
all you west texas people are the same. Most grown Texas people are the same and that does not mean if you are a certain age, that means maturity soaked with wisdom.

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Most grown Texas people are the same and that does not mean if you are a certain age, that means maturity soaked with wisdom. haha, because we know BM is mature lmao

bobcat1
03-24-2011, 03:27 PM
haha, because we know BM is mature lmao I said most.......:p

Bullaholic
03-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Dang, nobody is even happy tryin' to talk a little football for a change....:( Try harder! :mad:

trojandad
03-24-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dang, nobody is even happy tryin' to talk a little football for a change....:( Try harder! :mad:

can't wait for week 0......kirbyville vs coldspring......

Chillfan
03-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Out of East Texas:

Possible Deep Run

Gilmer-Returning alot with a hell of a coach
CH-Returning most with a chip on their shoulder
Carthage-No need to say more
Henderson-Returning some with a coach that can work wonders

Down from last year

Athens-Suprised alot of folks with a good team. I think they lose quite a few and not real sure on their coaching situation.

Not sure about the rest of the state.

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by trojandad

Isn't Kirbyville losing the house?

Bullaholic
03-24-2011, 03:49 PM

I only know that both were pretty dang good last season---especially Coldspring. Should be a good un' if neither lost that many to grad...

trojandad
03-24-2011, 03:54 PM
I only know that both were pretty dang good last season---especially Coldspring. Should be a good un' if neither lost that many to grad...

both lost really good running backs, don't know who they have coming back for an rb but we have one good one coming back, plus a tank at fullback that didn't get many touches with 2 - 2,000 yd rushers in the backfield but had some really good runs in the playoffs, especially against wimberley.....

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I tried to talk football but leave it to BM to troll a thread. :hand:

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 03:55 PM
both lost really good running backs, don't know who they have coming back for an rb but we have one good one coming back, plus a tank at fullback that didn't get many touches with 2 - 2,000 yd rushers in the backfield but had some really good runs in the playoffs, especially against wimberley.....

I don't think Kirbyville is returning much, if anything.

Bullaholic
03-24-2011, 04:02 PM
I tried to talk football but leave it to BM to troll a thread. :hand:

Spring is mating season and BM just misses Rocket, and is taking his frustration out on us....:D

ccmom
03-24-2011, 04:02 PM
all you west texas people are the same.

Brilliant, wise and beautiful? Thanks!! :thumbsup:

trojandad
03-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Isn't Kirbyville losing the house?

k'ville is losing a lot, especially on defense and rb.....also losing that cucancich wr....only ran a 4.78 but averaged 50 yds a catch against us in the playoffs.....

trojandad
03-24-2011, 04:11 PM
buddies and i got into a fuss over ribs about what game was probably the true 3a title game last year, carthage vs brownwood or carthage vs henderson (divisions be danged).....not having seen either game personally, i picked the latter.....

Old LB
03-24-2011, 04:19 PM
buddies and i got into a fuss over ribs about what game was probably the true 3a title game last year, carthage vs brownwood or carthage vs henderson (divisions be danged).....not having seen either game personally, i picked the latter.....

Carthage/Brownwood was a good game, I didn't see Henderson last season so who knows.

Bullaholic
03-24-2011, 04:29 PM

Well, we did want some football talk, trojandad---I think you have just "insured" that....:D And, it will be fun...

trojandad
03-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Well, we did want some football talk, trojandad---I think you have just "insured" that....:D And, it will be fun...

lol....first time all year i've typed the word "brownwood"......

two more football items, one, i don't know about what bridge city is returning, i was impressed with their passing attack, they even had us down for a while in our playoff game....

also, a kid from liberty, jordan jones, a qb, first team all district in a district that had our qb and also had cole deberry from huffman, who almost beat us with his arm, and DID beat silsbee and gave navasota a good game........the jones qb is a soph and sure looks like the rea deal on an otherwise down liberty team.....

waterboy
03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
I think you could've taken any of those three teams, played a round robin, and you'd probably get a different result every game. I don't think any of those teams would've dominated the other.

BEAST
03-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I think you could've taken any of those three teams, played a round robin, and you'd probably get a different result every game. I don't think any of those teams would've dominated the other.

I agree. Although I cant speak for Henderson, but 1 round robin would be all she wrote. At the Carthage/Wood game, there was some leather getting laid down. I was surprised there were not more injuries.

BEAST

waterboy
03-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I agree. Although I cant speak for Henderson, but 1 round robin would be all she wrote. At the Carthage/Wood game, there was some leather getting laid down. I was surprised there were not more injuries.

BEAST
I think Henderson is an up-and-comer. Last year they got a taste of winning, gained some confidence, and got on a roll in the playoffs. I think they'll be a definite contender for a title this year, too, and should be the favorite going into the season this year in 16-3A. They have a lot returning, including their starting QB who was the catalyst for their success. They also have a good coach who can keep them grounded. 16-3A should be interesting again this year. I can't wait!

Cam
03-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Being in their district, how is Liberty Hill or Lampasas lookin' for this year? I would expect Coach Vance will have something good put together.....

orange machine
03-24-2011, 09:28 PM
1. Henderson- They have some good returners coming back and one dang good qb, but they will be tested in district for sure.
2. Argyle- They return just about everybody on a really good team and there qb is dang good also along with some other really good skilled position players and a really good oline.
3. Carthage- Carthage loses some great talent at qb, runningback, LB and on the oline, but they have built a great program that will make a run for the title although I dont see them getting past Argyle this year.
4. Celina- Will have the best oline in the state with 3 D1 linemen with a line that will avg. 6'4 280 and returns a runningback that rushed for over a 1,000 yards. Defense will be strong with 6 returning starters.
5. Chaple Hill- Again alot of returners from what I understand with a hunger to get the title this year.

In D1 I think its a toss up with Henderson and Celina.
In D2 I dont see anybody beating Argyle.

BEAST
03-24-2011, 10:33 PM
I hear what you are saying. But, don't write us off just yet. We will be good. Different than last year but good.

BEAST

Old LB
03-24-2011, 10:35 PM
I hear what you are saying. But, don't write us off just yet. We will be good. Different than last year but good.

BEAST

Some folks don't understand an atmosphere where excellence is expected.

bobcat4life
03-24-2011, 10:40 PM

BEAST I know Brown and Shipley are gone for BW, but who else is graduating and who will be back?

Old LB
03-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I know Brown and Shipley are gone for BW, but who else is graduating and who will be back?

Not many coming back, maybe 3 both ways, got some coming up though. A lot will count us out but we will be ok.

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Im expecting Brownwood to make a 2nd round playoff exit in 2011.

orange machine
03-24-2011, 11:48 PM
I think Brownwood will be ok like LB said. I see Brownwood making the playoffs probably in the 3rd spot but two rounds tops in the playoffs and no blowouts this year.

oldtownag
03-25-2011, 07:15 AM
Carthage 2011 will be alot like Carthage 2009. They return the bulk of a good offensive line and should be able to impose their will on teams. The QB position will be the question mark. They have some good talent in the wings but untested for sure. The Defense will be fine. Coaching is a huge difference maker and nobody out coaches Scott Surratt.

Henderson returns the bulk of the 2010 team. They are the real deal and will be a force in 2011.

trojandad
03-25-2011, 07:32 AM
would LOVE to make the henderson - carthage game this year if at all possible......anybody know whick week it occurs?

waterboy
03-25-2011, 07:38 AM
would LOVE to make the henderson - carthage game this year if at all possible......anybody know whick week it occurs?
If I remember correctly it'll be the 8th game of the season, and it'll be in Carthage, October 23rd, I believe. I could be wrong, but I think Henderson will finally beat Carthage in this one.

trojandad
03-25-2011, 08:13 AM
sure wish the schedules would come out......

Blastoderm55
03-25-2011, 08:42 AM
sure wish the schedules would come out......

Aren't they the same as 2010?

trojandad
03-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

most of the time, yea, sometimes district games and open dates get swapped around for local fairs, parades, etc......

MustangFootball
03-25-2011, 10:57 AM

hey blastoderm55 what's the deal with mathis any word on coach kilby replacement? :nerd:

Blastoderm55
03-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
hey blastoderm55 what's the deal with mathis any word on coach kilby replacement? :nerd:

No clue. Hopefully someone who runs the same system. The pieces are in place for a good season. Its a shame to have lost Kilby.

Pendragon13
03-25-2011, 11:13 AM
buddies and i got into a fuss over ribs about what game was probably the true 3a title game last year, carthage vs brownwood or carthage vs henderson (divisions be danged).....not having seen either game personally, i picked the latter..... Talking to a lifelong Carthage fan a couple weeks ago (he was actually still wearing a Bulldogs football t-shirt :clap: ) he said that Carthage/Brownwood was hands down the true title game, and may be the best high school game he's ever seen. (he's in his 50's)

Pendragon13
03-25-2011, 11:18 AM
Oh, and as for Abilene Wylie...a big unknown for me. The near decade long run of good teams may be over...maybe not. They return quite a bit of players with varsity experience and good size/athletic skills on paper, but who knows. Sandifer will put together a competitive team as always, (even last years team won bi-district) but I don't know if a deep playoff run is in the cards this year..

MustangFootball
03-25-2011, 11:19 AM
No clue. Hopefully someone who runs the same system. The pieces are in place for a good season. Its a shame to have lost Kilby.

yeah mathis is losing 24 seniors but have several good players including 2 of the 3 backs from last year. looks like they're losing their OL/DL but their jv team had some big boys last-year and they looked good.

RoyceTTU
03-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by bobcat4life
I know Brown and Shipley are gone for BW, but who else is graduating and who will be back?

The two starting RB's will be back. My guess is you would see us running much more next year.

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Oh, and as for Abilene Wylie...a big unknown for me. The near decade long run of good teams may be over...maybe not. They return quite a bit of players with varsity experience and good size/athletic skills on paper, but who knows. Sandifer will put together a competitive team as always, (even last years team won bi-district) but I don't know if a deep playoff run is in the cards this year..

How did the subvarsities do?

ccmom
03-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
The two starting RB's will be back. My guess is you would see us running much more next year.

Is there anybody else returning? I was thinking y'all were pretty senior heavy last year.

RoyceTTU
03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Is there anybody else returning? I was thinking y'all were pretty senior heavy last year.

a couple but those were the most notible.

ccmom
03-25-2011, 02:02 PM
a couple but those were the most notible.

So how many do you return on each side?

RoyceTTU
03-25-2011, 02:06 PM
So how many do you return on each side?

Not really for sure but it's not many. The good part is we did have quite a few kids that got extended playing time because of injuries, they will be back but were not everyday starters. My guess is most of the returning starters will be playing both ways this year.

ccmom
03-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Not really for sure but it's not many. The good part is we did have quite a few kids that got extended playing time because of injuries, they will be back but were not everyday starters. My guess is most of the returning starters will be playing both ways this year.

You KNOW you know how many!! You just don't want to say it!! :p :p

95mustang
03-25-2011, 02:45 PM
You KNOW you know how many!! You just don't want to say it!! :p :p

I don't know how many are back either, but I know Kevin Vaccarro and Ethan Horton will be back on the defensive side of the ball. Kemp will be back and he played considerable amount of time on defense and even started a few games. We may not be as potent as we were last year, but we will be fine.

ccmom
03-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang
I don't know how many are back either, but I know Kevin Vaccarro and Ethan Horton will be back on the defensive side of the ball. Kemp will be back and he played considerable amount of time on defense and even started a few games. We may not be as potent as we were last year, but we will be fine.

Who will be QB? What can you tell us about him?

RoyceTTU
03-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by 95mustang

I think Jimenz is back on defense also which filled in at LB ahead of Kemp.

RoyceTTU
03-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Who will be QB? What can you tell us about him?

Your guess is as good as mine. Wildcat maybe since we have returning RB:D

BEAST
03-25-2011, 04:16 PM
I know exactly who the Qb is going to be, just not going to say. Gave my word not to. We will have a very strong Oline. One of the larger ones weve had in a while. We are very strong at the RB position. We will have to find some recievers. We have them, but they are young. Dline will be good as well. LBs will be solid. A lot of them played a bunch of minutes last year. Vacarro will be back at DB. He will also play a lot of offense.

BEAST

Pendragon13
03-25-2011, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
How did the subvarsities do? Above .500 iirc....but the group that led the team to state in 09 blew through their sub varsity schedules...including playing 4A's.