PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever...

eagles_victory
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Finished a full 162 game season on a baseball video game? It is one of my goals I have always wanted to accomplish in my life, but I always fade out at about the 80-100 game mark. Closest I have gotten recently was on MVP Baseball 05 (if that is recent) I had a Brewers team at like 86-2.

RoyceTTU
03-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Finished a full 162 game season on a baseball video game? It is one of my goals I have always wanted to accomplish in my life,

Set you expectations high didn't you:doh: :p :p :D

BEAST
03-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
Set you expectations high didn't you:doh: :p :p :D

LOL. That is one heck of goal in life eagle.

BEAST

BaseballUmp
03-23-2011, 04:50 PM
One summer when I was younger I finished a full season on Dreamcast haha I think it was like MLB2K1

Saggy Aggie
03-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Without simming any games?

Hell nah, I burn out after about 15 games haha

Old Tiger
03-23-2011, 05:18 PM
no...i don't play stand around games.

Cam
03-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
LOL. That is one heck of goal in life eagle.

BEAST

that kinda reminds me of one of my goals in life.....I've always wanted to count all the hairs on my body....In my few attempts at
it, I would dab each counted hair with a bright red nail polish. I would start at my feet and work my way up. I always seemed to get frustrated and quit when I got to my groin area....those curly bastards were difficult to separate! The other tough part was countin' the hairs on my ass...tryin' to hold a mirror with one hand while squatin' and painting hairs with the other hand was hell! :D

Sweetwater Red
03-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I quit playing baseball video games when they changed your pitching options of left, right, and
down the middle to all over the plate. Lol

BEAST
03-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Cam
that kinda reminds me of one of my goals in life.....I've always wanted to count all the hairs on my body....In my few attempts at
it, I would dab each counted hair with a bright red nail polish. I would start at my feet and work my way up. I always seemed to get frustrated and quit when I got to my groin area....those curly bastards were difficult to separate! The other tough part was countin' the hairs on my ass...tryin' to hold a mirror with one hand while squatin' and painting hairs with the other hand was hell! :D

That put a picture in my head I didn't need. Lol

BEAST

Old LB
03-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Cam

You're a sick man. :doh:

BEAST
03-23-2011, 08:43 PM
I just thought of something Cam, instead of painting, go with plucking them. Put them in a bowl, then count afterwards.

BEAST

carter08
03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
I'm in August on MVP 2005 right now. But I haven't played it in over a year. I'll break it out this summer and try to finish it.

poisoned10
03-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Back when Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball was out for the Super Nintendo, I would finish 2 or 3 seasons during the summer.

KGJr. is STILL the greatest baseball game of ALL-TIME!

crzyjournalist03
03-24-2011, 08:17 AM
I won the World Series on Bases Loaded II on the NES console.

But I've never made it through a 162-game season without simulating on any baseball games with actual MLB players.

It's weird because I can run through season after season in Madden or even NHL 2k, but for some reason, the baseball games just are so much harder for me to stick with all year. I'm guessing it's because I enjoy the breaks of offseason and free agency and the ability to kind of reinvent my team every so often, which takes far longer to get to on a baseball game.

Cam
03-24-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
I just thought of something Cam, instead of painting, go with plucking them. Put them in a bowl, then count afterwards.

BEAST

Dammit Beast...you're a genius!