PDA

View Full Version : Dear _________

SWMustang
03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Sincerely,
Unicorns

Dear Twilight Fans,
Please realize that because vampires are dead and have no blood pumping
through them, they can never get an erection.
Enjoy fantasizing about that.
Sincerely,
Logic

Dear Icebergs,
Sorry to hear about the global warming. Karma's a bitch.
Sincerely,
The Titanic

Dear J.K. Rowling,
Your books are entirely unrealistic.. I mean, a ginger kid with two friends?
Sincerely,
Anonymous

Dear America ,
You produced Miley Cyrus. Bieber is your punishment.
Sincerely,
Canada

Dear Yahoo,
I've never heard anyone say, "I don't know, let's Yahoo! it..." just
saying...
Sincerely,
Google

Dear 2010,
So I hear the best rapper is white and the president is black? ***
happened?!
Sincerely,

Dear Windshield Wipers,
Can't touch this.
Sincerely,
That Little Triangle

Dear Rose,
There was definitely room on that raft for the both of us.
Sincerely,
Jack

Dear girls who have been dumped,
There are plenty of fish in the sea... Just kidding! They're all dead.
Sincerely,
BP

Dear Saturn,
I liked it, so I put a ring on it.
Sincerely,
God

Dear Fox News,
So far, no news about foxes.
Sincerely,
Unimpressed

Dear Michael Jackson,
You really should have become a Catholic Priest. The pay isn't great, but
the benefits....
Sincerely,
The Pope

Dear jf;ldsfa/kvsmmklnn,
Please lknvfdmv.xvn.
Sincerely,
Stevie Wonder

Dear Nickleback,
That's enough.
Sincerely,
The World

Dear Skin-Colored Band Aids,
Please make one for every skin color.
Sincerely,
Black people

Dear Mary,
Just admit that you slept with someone else. This is getting out of hand.
Sincerely,
Joseph

Dear Osama Bin Laden,
Marco....
Sincerely,
United States

Dear World of Warcraft,
Thank you for ensuring my son's virginity.
Sincerely,
Parents Everywhere

Dear Anne Frank,
Two can play this game....
Sincerely,
Waldo

Dear Batman,
What was your power again?
Sincerely,
Superman

Dear Customers,
Yes, we ARE making fun of you in Vietnamese.
Sincerely,
Nail Salon Ladies

Dear Americans,
I'm sorry, did you just insult us? I couldn't hear you over my health care
benefits.
Sincerely,
Canadians

Dear Global Warming,
You're the best imaginary friend ever!
Sincerely, > Al Gore

Dear Ugly People,
You're welcome.
Sincerely,
Alcohol

Dear Mr. Gump
*** are you talking about? There's a little diagram on the lid that tells
you EXACTLY what you're gonna get....
Sincerely, Jenny

Dear Katy Perry,
I liked the kiss too.
Sincerely,
Justin Beiber

Dear Haiti ,
Is it too early to ask what's shakin'?
Sincerely,
Seriously Going To Hell

Dear Martin Luther King Jr.
I have a dream within a dream within a dream within another dream.... What
now?
Sincerely,
Leonardo Di Caprio

Dear World,
Please stop freaking out about 2012. Our calendars ends there because some
Spanish d-bags invaded our country and we got a little busy ok?
Sincerely,
The Mayans

Dear Snooki,
GET BACK TO WORK!
Sincerely,
Willy Wonka

Dear White People,
Don't you just hate immigrants?
Sincerely,
Native Americans

Dear Twihards,
If he sparkles, he's probably one of ours Sincerely, Gay Men Of America

Dear iPhone,
Please stop spellchecking all of my rude words into nice words. You piece of
shut.
Sincerely,
Every iPhone User

Dear Giant Spider on the Wall,
Please die. Please die. Please die. Please die. CRAP! Where did you go?
Sincerely,
Terrified

Dear Trash,
At least you get picked up...
Sincerely,
The Girls of Jersey Shore

Dear Man,
It's cute, but can you pick up peanuts with it?
Sincerely,
Elephant

Dear Dr. Phil,
Look man, there's only room for one fake doctor in this world and I was here
first.
Sincerely,
Dr. Pepper

Dear Scissors,
I feel your pain.....no one wants to run with me either.
Sincerely,

Sarah Palin

Ernest T Bass
03-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Stevie Wonder one made me seriously laugh out loud. Does that make me bad?

Blastoderm55
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Stevie Wonder one made me seriously laugh out loud. Does that make me bad?

At least it wasn't the one about bandaids as in my case. :doh:

AP Panther Fan
03-24-2011, 04:48 PM
LOL....those were great!:D

Dear Customers,
Yes, we ARE making fun of you in Vietnamese.
Sincerely,
Nail Salon Ladies

:evillol: I have always thought this!

44INAROW
03-25-2011, 08:08 AM
Dear Twilight Fans,
Sincerely,
Logic

this one made me laugh out loud.........

coach
03-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Dear Twilight Fans,
Sincerely,
Logic

this one made me laugh out loud.........

Dear Mary was wrong but funny

IrishTex
04-04-2011, 02:52 AM
Dear Osama Bin Laden,
Marco....
Sincerely,
United States

Cracked me up......lolol

garciap77
04-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Dear Rick Perry
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/a1296154991.jpg

Governor Perry,

I am a teacher for a school located in the heart of Austin Texas. Before you disregard this letter, I would like to send my appreciations for taking time to review my issue. Fortunately, I have not been cut or laid off. However, many of my colleagues have been or are about to be. Please read this respectfully and with dignity.

I am under the impression that you are convinced that education is the most important investment a state can make in its people. Am I correct when I say that your goal is to ensure that Texas institutions of higher education are providing students the best chance at a better life? What about when you mentioned the importance of focusing on the core themes of accountability, affordability, and accessibility? I believed that you were for higher education and encouraging educators in preparing our learners for entry into our booming state economy. We took your sugar coated words and took our passions into the classroom with a promise that teachers would be safe from the chopping block. I fear that you are not understanding the uncomfortable impact you are putting on Texas educators. What you are failing to realize, is that our students are the ones in danger. No teachers.... no education.

Along with many educators, I am concerned with the sudden budget cuts and losses in our districts. There are great educators walking on eggshells to keep their jobs as leaders of our great future leaders. Teachers are being laid off due to low budgets and not enough money. As teachers and as a community of educators, we want to believe that our institutions money is being used in a responsible manner by our boards and city leaders. We are wondering where this money is going. Governor Perry, do you realize the more teachers that are cut, the less we remain a village of teachers and the less we are able to change the lives of our students. Where are you when they are standing outside of a school where to doors will soon be locked forever?

You have children of your own who probably had great teachers.

I am disappointed with your choices as you failed to provide adequate assurances that the money for our institutions would be used properly.

This is not hate mail and I write you in all respect. On behalf of Austin ISD and all schools in Austin, including Charter Institutions, we ask that you help us get our jobs back and allow us to lead and influence. Do not let fiscal issues be the reason for closed institutions and less educators. We voted for you and we believed that you would support us all the way. This generation needs us. Greatly. We know what you can do for us. We know how you can help us.

Remember this when you lay your head down at night: without teachers, there is no future.

Thank you.

Ugh, why can't we pay our schools with cupcakes? Then we wouldn't have to cut anybody. Is the education system becoming... not so sweet??

Picture courtesy Google Pics - The OC.News

Farmersfan
04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by garciap77
Dear Rick Perry

Governor Perry,

I am a teacher for a school located in the heart of Austin Texas. Before you disregard this letter, I would like to send my appreciations for taking time to review my issue. Fortunately, I have not been cut or laid off. However, many of my colleagues have been or are about to be. Please read this respectfully and with dignity.

I am under the impression that you are convinced that education is the most important investment a state can make in its people. Am I correct when I say that your goal is to ensure that Texas institutions of higher education are providing students the best chance at a better life? What about when you mentioned the importance of focusing on the core themes of accountability, affordability, and accessibility? I believed that you were for higher education and encouraging educators in preparing our learners for entry into our booming state economy. We took your sugar coated words and took our passions into the classroom with a promise that teachers would be safe from the chopping block. I fear that you are not understanding the uncomfortable impact you are putting on Texas educators. What you are failing to realize, is that our students are the ones in danger. No teachers.... no education.

Along with many educators, I am concerned with the sudden budget cuts and losses in our districts. There are great educators walking on eggshells to keep their jobs as leaders of our great future leaders. Teachers are being laid off due to low budgets and not enough money. As teachers and as a community of educators, we want to believe that our institutions money is being used in a responsible manner by our boards and city leaders. We are wondering where this money is going. Governor Perry, do you realize the more teachers that are cut, the less we remain a village of teachers and the less we are able to change the lives of our students. Where are you when they are standing outside of a school where to doors will soon be locked forever?

I am disappointed with your choices as you failed to provide adequate assurances that the money for our institutions would be used properly.

This is not hate mail and I write you in all respect. On behalf of Austin ISD and all schools in Austin, including Charter Institutions, we ask that you help us get our jobs back and allow us to lead and influence. Do not let fiscal issues be the reason for closed institutions and less educators. We voted for you and we believed that you would support us all the way. This generation needs us. Greatly. We know what you can do for us. We know how you can help us.

Remember this when you lay your head down at night: without teachers, there is no future.

Thank you.

Ugh, why can't we pay our schools with cupcakes? Then we wouldn't have to cut anybody. Is the education system becoming... not so sweet??

For every single teacher that doesn't get cut, someone else will have to be. There is NO MORE MONEY! I resent the constant attitude from teachers that they deserve better than everyone else does or are better than everyone else. The nonsensical drivel about how firing some teachers means our kids won't be educated is equivilent to saying if we fire the janitor then the toilets will be dirty. No! If they fire the janitor then someone else will simply have to clean the toilets ........................;) ;) Get it?

BEAST
04-11-2011, 02:21 PM
Dear Rick Perry

Governor Perry,

This generation needs us. Greatly.

I am certainly no teacher, but something isnt right with that set of sentences. Shouldnt it be, "This generation needs us greatly."?

Perhaps the teacher that wrote the letter is making Perrys case for him.:thinking:

BEAST

Blastoderm55
04-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by BEAST
I am certainly no teacher, but something isnt right with that set of sentences. Shouldnt it be, "This generation needs us greatly."?

Perhaps the teacher that wrote the letter is making Perrys case for him.:thinking:

BEAST

Just a literal device for emphasis. Not necessarily an example of poor grammer.

Ernest T Bass
04-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
If they fire the janitor then someone else will simply have to clean the toilets

But if they fire all the janitors and they don't hire anymore?

AP Panther Fan
04-11-2011, 05:02 PM
But if they fire all the janitors and they don't hire anymore?

Cleaning toilets could become part of your job description. You might get lucky if they give it to the cafeteria ladies instead.

Ernest T Bass
04-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Toilets will still get clean, but the quality will diminish greatly. They won't get as clean and they won't get cleaned as often.
Same thing will happen when teachers get laid off. School will continue, but the quality will be greatly diminished. To actually suggest any different is, well, it's a lot of things. I'll just called it grossly ignorant to many things.

Ernest T Bass
04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Cleaning toilets could become part of your job description. You might get lucky if they give it to the cafeteria ladies instead.

It already is part of my job. Coaches' office doesn't get clean itself, and no one else does it either.

garciap77
04-11-2011, 11:34 PM
For every single teacher that doesn't get cut, someone else will have to be. There is NO MORE MONEY! I resent the constant attitude from teachers that they deserve better than everyone else does or are better than everyone else. The nonsensical drivel about how firing some teachers means our kids won't be educated is equivilent to saying if we fire the janitor then the toilets will be dirty. No! If they fire the janitor then someone else will simply have to clean the toilets ........................;) ;) Get it?

Dear Farmersfan we have a spill in stall number three; Go Clean It!:D

;)

jason
04-12-2011, 08:38 AM
School will continue, but the quality will be greatly diminished. To actually suggest any different is, well, it's a lot of things. I'll just called it grossly ignorant to many things.

it's not like teachers have to follow a strict curriculum anymore...they just read the TAKS 'how to' manual to their kids and hope they can pass the test...

the kids who want to go on to college will take it seriously and pass it and their classes, the kids who don't care will get by and go their own way after high school....

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by jason
it's not like teachers have to follow a strict curriculum anymore...they just read the TAKS 'how to' manual to their kids and hope they can pass the test...

the kids who want to go on to college will take it seriously and pass it and their classes, the kids who don't care will get by and go their own way after high school....

Where is this "TAKS How To" manual that you speak of?? Surely, if such a book exists, it would highly guarded.
You took the TAAS test, right? So did I. TAKS is a very different animal, and STARR will be a different animal from that. Also, as demographics in Texas change, so do the challenges of public education. Fewer teacher isn't the way to solve that problem.
To go back to the toilet metaphor, you're increasing the number of toilets, making them much more complicated and difficult to clean, increasing the standards of cleanliness, maintaining the same timeline for them to be cleaned, and decreasing the janitorial staff. Sounds like a recipie for failure, to me.

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Also, on this same note, those of you who seem to think that all teachers have to do is "teach the TAKS" test, and that that is an easy job please come teach my class. You're obviously better than me. I have 19 year olds who don't know what the word "population" means, yet Im supposed to teach them the concepts of popular sovereignty and federalism.

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Where is this "TAKS How To" manual that you speak of?? Surely, if such a book exists, it would highly guarded.
You took the TAAS test, right? So did I. TAKS is a very different animal, and STARR will be a different animal from that. Also, as demographics in Texas change, so do the challenges of public education. Fewer teacher isn't the way to solve that problem.
To go back to the toilet metaphor, you're increasing the number of toilets, making them much more complicated and difficult to clean, increasing the standards of cleanliness, maintaining the same timeline for them to be cleaned, and decreasing the janitorial staff. Sounds like a recipie for failure, to me.

And if you consider the toilets were never that clean to begin with yet the country is going bankrupt trying to pay for their cleaning it doesn't quite seem like such a big deal afterall does it?

Farmersfan
04-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Also, on this same note, those of you who seem to think that all teachers have to do is "teach the TAKS" test, and that that is an easy job please come teach my class. You're obviously better than me. I have 19 year olds who don't know what the word "population" means, yet Im supposed to teach them the concepts of popular sovereignty and federalism.

19 year olds that don't know what the word population means just goes to prove that we are only throwing good money after bad. A revamp of the entire system might be smarter than continuing to fund a failed system. Perhaps?

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 03:34 PM
And if you consider the toilets were never that clean to begin with yet the country is going bankrupt trying to pay for their cleaning it doesn't quite seem like such a big deal afterall does it?

So, education funding is the reason we're going bankrupt?:thinking:
Seems to me there are alot less worthwhile things that cost a lot more that are being funded. Maybe we should look there first?

Ernest T Bass
04-12-2011, 03:38 PM
19 year olds that don't know what the word population means just goes to prove that we are only throwing good money after bad. A revamp of the entire system might be smarter than continuing to fund a failed system. Perhaps?

So, what do we do? Stop educating them? The kids Im talking about all have some combination of the following factors;
zero family structure
limited English skills
low intelligence
Cultural influences that place zero importance on education
limited amount of time spent in this country
So, when you come up with an answer to this, let me know. The only answer I can think of is to keep attempting to reach these kids in hopes of making a difference with at least one. Kinda like the story of the starfish?:D
The application of education is really the only place Im a true bleeding heart, b/c these kids didn't ask to be born into the circumstances they're in; and education is the only chance they have of escaping them.

OldBison75
04-12-2011, 08:00 PM
ETB, you just answered one of the education funding issues in your previous post. Right now, our education system is overrun with illegal aliens that have limited ability to understand the English language and little motivation from non-English speaking parents to learn how our society works. However, millions of education dollars go toward these students that require special ESL classes and more complex issues that each teacher must deal with in the classrooms of the state.

If you are not a citizen of this country, or your parents are here illegally, you should have to pay a tuition fee to attend public school. Use the money for our citizens and charge everybody else.

SintonFan
04-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75

If you are not a citizen of this country, or your parents are here illegally, you should have to pay a tuition fee to attend public school. Use the money for our citizens and charge everybody else.

That there makes mucho sense.:clap:

SintonFan
04-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Dear Rick Perry

Governor Perry,

Thank you.

gp...

STOP turning everything political!:eek: :nerd:

This was a fun thread...:doh:

Farmersfan
04-13-2011, 08:37 AM
So, what do we do? Stop educating them? The kids Im talking about all have some combination of the following factors;
zero family structure
limited English skills
low intelligence
Cultural influences that place zero importance on education
limited amount of time spent in this country
So, when you come up with an answer to this, let me know. The only answer I can think of is to keep attempting to reach these kids in hopes of making a difference with at least one. Kinda like the story of the starfish?:D
The application of education is really the only place Im a true bleeding heart, b/c these kids didn't ask to be born into the circumstances they're in; and education is the only chance they have of escaping them.

Once again you use the extreme scenerio to defend your point. NOBODY has stated we should "stop educating them". The points that have been made suggests that we need to educate them differently. What we are currently doing isn't working. (by your own admission). Hence my comment about throwing good money after bad. I have never and will never support putting all the sacrifices for cutting costs on the teachers but I certainly understand the system could be way, way more effiecient. Class size and education spending has not translated into improving the system. It only costs way more for the exact same results.

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/a-picture-is-worth-300-billion/

Ernest T Bass
04-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Wonder if there's a corrolation between the lack of results and changing demographics? Also wonder if there's a corrolation between increased spending and inflation, as well as advances in technology(which we MUST impliment in education).
Does the "one size fits all" approach work perfectly? No. But, it's the only way to insure that all students get the same opportunities.
You're making the same mistake that many others are making; you're approaching education with a business mindset. You're looking for immediate return on the investment and for competition with other markets(other counties). Neither will ever happen, and chasing either will do nothing but hurt our education system. We're a very diverse society that insists on providing equal opportunities for all. Unless we change either of those, it'll always look like "good money after bad".

Reds fan
04-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by OldBison75

If you are not a citizen of this country, or your parents are here illegally, you should have to pay a tuition fee to attend public school. Use the money for our citizens and charge everybody else. [/B] Bingo!:clap:

Ernest T Bass
04-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Bingo!:clap:

It's a great idea. As soon as someone comes up with a feasable way of implimenting it, I'll support it 100%

Blastoderm55
04-13-2011, 11:55 AM
It's a great idea. As soon as someone comes up with a feasable way of implimenting it, I'll support it 100%

Start punishing those who would employ them. Oh but that wouldn't be a business-friendly policy. :tisk:

Ernest T Bass
04-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Start punishing those who would employ them. Oh but that wouldn't be a business-friendly policy. :tisk:

Yep. Next idea?

BaseballUmp
04-20-2011, 03:29 AM
http://www.dearblankpleaseblank.com/index.php%253Fpage%253D9

big daddy russ
04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Wonder if there's a corrolation between the lack of results and changing demographics?...
People much smarter than I have shown that current standardized tests have major cultural biases. Makes it tough for minority test-takers.

Ernest T Bass
04-21-2011, 10:04 PM
Honestly, about an equal number of studies have shown no legitmiate cultural biases. I don't buy that. But, cultural diversity does make teaching incredibly more difficult. A homogenius society is much easier to educate.

SintonFan
04-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Honestly, about an equal number of studies have shown no legitmiate cultural biases. I don't buy that. But, cultural diversity does make teaching incredibly more difficult. A homogenius society is much easier to educate.

Funny. You'd think that multiculturalism would get some blame for this. That won't be allowed to happen with the small-minded big-thinking elitists pushing MC and PC(political-correctness). There IS a unique American Culture for us all to assimilate into, after all. We can't do that consistently with modern day anti-American leftists telling us our nation SUCKS(basically, lol). All the while we enjoy freedoms, health and wealth never before seen in history.
Idle hands...
(but THAT thought is rejected because wisdom and Western Religion is being torn down right in front of our metaphorical eyes).
Funny that.
:(

[my apologies to gp77 for this post]

Ernest T Bass
04-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Funny. You'd think that multiculturalism would get some blame for this. That won't be allowed to happen with the small-minded big-thinking elitists pushing MC and PC(political-correctness). There IS a unique American Culture for us all to assimilate into, after all. We can't do that consistently with modern day anti-American leftists telling us our nation SUCKS(basically, lol). All the while we enjoy freedoms, health and wealth never before seen in history.
Idle hands...
(but THAT thought is rejected because wisdom and Western Religion is being torn down right in front of our metaphorical eyes).
Funny that.
:(

[my apologies to gp77 for this post]

Multiculturalism doesn't get any blame for it b/c there's nothing you can do about it. It'd be nice if the challenge was at least acknowledged, though.
Maybe one day we'll all be unicultural, but it won't be in any of our lifetimes.

SintonFan
04-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Multiculturalism doesn't get any blame for it b/c there's nothing you can do about it. It'd be nice if the challenge was at least acknowledged, though.
Maybe one day we'll all be unicultural, but it won't be in any of our lifetimes.

So you can't do anything about MC?
I beg to differ. It was created and it can be undone.:nerd:

SintonFan
04-22-2011, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
So you can't do anything about MC?
I beg to differ. It was created and it can be undone.:nerd:

In other words:

Stress that we do have a unique American Culture (and let kids know it is OK to honor their previous cultures.)

Ernest T Bass
04-23-2011, 10:10 AM
Eventually, yes, just like all things, equilibrium will be reached. However, it won't happen anytime soon. Hell, it took a good 100 years for the Irish, Eastern Europeans, and Italians to "assimilate" and it was 100% forced upon them. The days of "forced assimilation" are over. Can it be done? Yes. Can it be done realistically in the 21st century? Hell no!
So, I feel we have to just accept the challenges that come along with it, and enjoy the fajitas.