PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Game

957tiger
03-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Sealy Tiger pitcher Cody Barrett threw a perfect game last night against Stafford. Barrett a senior faced 15 batters, striking out 13. Two ground ball outs and no walks. The Tiger bats supported their pitcher and run-ruled the Spartans. Fans on both sides were treated to a rare feat in baseball and showed their appreciation as he struck out the last batter on three pitches. If you get a chance check out the closing moments of the game at www.sealysports.com. Great kid with a good future ahead of him.

areacode337
03-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Congratulations Cody. Perfect Game is special....one to remember...congrats to the Sealy Tigers as well

DavidWooderson
03-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I'll never forget mine. One of the most memorable nights of my life. On the downside my son's coach pitch team lost that night, but I was feeling pretty good.

Old Tiger
03-23-2011, 01:18 PM
b a

Blastoderm55
03-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
I'll never forget mine. One of the most memorable nights of my life. On the downside my son's coach pitch team lost that night, but I was feeling pretty good.

:clap:

There's no crying in [coach pitch] baseball!

Farmersfan
03-23-2011, 02:57 PM
This might sound like a stupid question but how can a perfect game be 15 batters? That's only 5 innings.

Farmersfan
03-23-2011, 02:59 PM
"A perfect game is defined by Major League Baseball as a game in which a pitcher (or combination of pitchers) pitches a victory that lasts a minimum of nine innings and in which no opposing player reaches base.[2] Thus, the pitcher (or pitchers) cannot allow any hits, walks, hit batsmen, or any opposing player to reach base safely for any other reason—in short, "27 up, 27 down". The feat has been achieved 20 times in the history of major league baseball—18 times since the modern era began in 1900."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_game

Txbroadcaster
03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
"A perfect game is defined by Major League Baseball as a game in which a pitcher (or combination of pitchers) pitches a victory that lasts a minimum of nine innings and in which no opposing player reaches base.[2] Thus, the pitcher (or pitchers) cannot allow any hits, walks, hit batsmen, or any opposing player to reach base safely for any other reason—in short, "27 up, 27 down". The feat has been achieved 20 times in the history of major league baseball—18 times since the modern era began in 1900."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_game

well the fact it was a HS game and not a MLB game I dont think the definition that the MLB has created applies

Farmersfan
03-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
well the fact it was a HS game and not a MLB game I dont think the definition that the MLB has created applies

that's why I'm asking. Is this recognized by the UIL as a perfect game?

Txbroadcaster
03-23-2011, 03:10 PM
that's why I'm asking. Is this recognized by the UIL as a perfect game?

I dont think the UIL recognizes any perfect game

eagles_victory
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by 957tiger
Sealy Tiger pitcher Cody Barrett threw a perfect game last night against Stafford. Barrett a senior faced 15 batters, striking out 13. Two ground ball outs and no walks. Obviously he didn't walk anyone if it was a perfect game.

This might sound like a stupid question but how can a perfect game be 15 batters? That's only 5 innings. If you would read the article you would see they run ruled the other team that is why the game only went 5 innings.

ccmom
03-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Obviously he didn't walk anyone if it was a perfect game.

If you would read the article you would see they run ruled the other team that is why the game only went 5 innings.

e_v, farmersfan likes to argue about the logistics of baseball, but he doesn't usually know what he is talking about. :rolleyes:

Great accomplishment for this kiddo!!!:clap:

Farmersfan
03-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

If you would read the article you would see they run ruled the other team that is why the game only went 5 innings.

And every definition of a Perfect Game that I have been able to find requires 9 innings.
I was simply asking if this was a recognized perfect game by anyone other than a bunch of emotional parents? I meant no disrespect to this great accomplishment.

AngeloState39
03-24-2011, 08:52 AM
brad mccoy can throw a perfect game in 4 innings

ccmom
03-24-2011, 09:50 AM
And every definition of a Perfect Game that I have been able to find requires 9 innings.
I was simply asking if this was a recognized perfect game by anyone other than a bunch of emotional parents? I meant no disrespect to this great accomplishment.

I'd say the fact that you spent time trying to prove that it wasn't officially a perfect game proves your intent. :rolleyes:

coach
03-26-2011, 04:12 PM

the most innings you can play in hs without being considered extras is 7 lol

bwdlionfan
03-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by coach
the most innings you can play in hs without being considered extras is 7 lol

Now he'll say no high school game is a complete game unless it goes to at minimum two extra innings

coach
03-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
Now he'll say no high school game is a complete game unless it goes to at minimum two extra innings

then blame tony romo for the uil to decide to only play 7 innings