LaGrange 2-0
Rockdale 2-0
Giddings 1-1
Caldwell 1-1
Smithville 0-2
Navasota 0-2

Coach BS
03-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I saw where Giddings is ranked above LaGrange how is that??
LaGrange is the clesr cut champ is this dist.

hookandladder
03-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
LaGrange is the clesr cut champ is this dist.

Guess it depends which poll you looking at.

Old Tiger
03-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Coach BS
LaGrange is the clesr cut champ is this dist. Once Rockdale was ranked #1 and didn't lose a game and still went down a rank back in 05 or 06.

Womens coaches association poll is a popularity contest.

What are the season records for each team?

hookandladder
03-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Once Rockdale was ranked #1 and didn't lose a game and still went down a rank back in 05 or 06.

Womens coaches association poll is a popularity contest.

What are the season records for each team?

And then you add Butch Hart's poll to it and it is pretty much useless.

87 TIGER
03-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Overall records
Rockdale 6-3
Smithville 8-3
Navasota 3-5
LaGrange 16-7 Looks like they are counting all tournament games and pool games
I cant find anything on Caldwell or Giddings

NastySlot
03-24-2011, 08:35 AM
Butch Harts poll is the TGCA poll..............rankings are hard...gotta get info in and he only goes by what info he gets......one of our sometimes posters handicap18...is knowledgeable about softball and has a huge network of coaching friends that could get him info about teams..........I would put stock in a poll he put out.

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Overall records
Rockdale 6-3
Smithville 8-3
Navasota 3-5
LaGrange 16-7 Looks like they are counting all tournament games and pool games
I cant find anything on Caldwell or Giddings Tourney games do count IMO.

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
Butch Harts poll is the TGCA poll..............rankings are hard...gotta get info in and he only goes by what info he gets......one of our sometimes posters handicap18...is knowledgeable about softball and has a huge network of coaching friends that could get him info about teams..........I would put stock in a poll he put out. i cheered against him when he was at La Grange...

hookandladder
03-24-2011, 10:25 AM
i cheered against him when he was at La Grange...

So what you saying.

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
So what you saying. ?

87 TIGER
03-24-2011, 04:30 PM
Tourney games do count IMO. They don't count pool games and most tournament games have time limits not innings. You could be up or down in the 5th inning by 1 run and the game is over due to time . A game is 7 innings or a run rule. Plus in pool play alot of times you are not playing all your starters, or your trying something out, or saving your ace, etc... But hey no biggie just pointing out that LaGrange seems to have alot more games it is due to the fact that they are counting tourn. play.

Old Tiger
03-26-2011, 11:26 AM
They don't count pool games and most tournament games have time limits not innings. You could be up or down in the 5th inning by 1 run and the game is over due to time . A game is 7 innings or a run rule. Plus in pool play alot of times you are not playing all your starters, or your trying something out, or saving your ace, etc... But hey no biggie just pointing out that LaGrange seems to have alot more games it is due to the fact that they are counting tourn. play. Overall it shows how good your team is....

NastySlot
03-26-2011, 07:58 PM
They don't count pool games and most tournament games have time limits not innings. You could be up or down in the 5th inning by 1 run and the game is over due to time . A game is 7 innings or a run rule. Plus in pool play alot of times you are not playing all your starters, or your trying something out, or saving your ace, etc... But hey no biggie just pointing out that LaGrange seems to have alot more games it is due to the fact that they are counting tourn. play.

sort of.....pool games do not count if four are all that is played....a game is four and half/five innings plus.........so if pool games are more than four innings long...they count.....it get confusing...but many tourneys are going to time limits in which 6-7 innings can be played....so now pools games tend to be full games....and are played for seeding in bracket later in the tourney or for game seeding.......I know a team that played in an eight team tourney that was divided in two pools.......all pool games were seven innings....seeding was done and bracket play began with all bracket games being seven innings....all games count on the record.

odd fact the 15 run rule after three isn't a uil/federation rule...it tends to be agreement or district rule.....remember a game has to to four and a half or five.