PDA

View Full Version : coldspring ranking in the fall.....

trojandad
03-22-2011, 09:28 PM
now that coach barbay has something established there, i wonder where the trojans will be ranked this year by the 3adl faithful......they lose cummings and their middle linebacker (who might have been the best overall athlete on the team) along with big matt wilson but have gilbert coming back with a 1000 yd JV rusher coming up, along with a junior QB that is still kicking himself for being stripped on that TD run early in the game.....

i'm betting many don't want to put us in the top 20 early in the year.......its hard to get any early season love out here.....

j_dog
03-22-2011, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
i'm betting many don't want to put us in the top 20 early in the year.......its hard to get any early season love out here.....
trojandad we ALL luv ya!!!

trojandad
03-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
trojandad we ALL luv ya!!!

lol@jdog.....you are just as much of a believer in those gilbert boys as i am.....lol

lostaussie
03-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Many teams can get it done ONE year in a row. Have some staying power and you will get much love. With that said I think yall will be in the mix again this year.................and those uni's are absolutely kickass!!!

OldBison75
03-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Coldspring should be a top 15 team to start the year. I would not be surprised to have them in the top 10.

trojandad
03-23-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
Many teams can get it done ONE year in a row. Have some staying power and you will get much love. With that said I think yall will be in the mix again this year.................and those uni's are absolutely kickass!!!

i'm guessing your being facetious....they're only 10 yrs old....the helmets might be 20.....it was totally embarrassing to see carthage's clean look on the big screen only to follow with our closeups that looked like we'd just come back from iraq.....maybe with this run we'll spring for some new ones......i'm telling you, it's a poor school district.....(best uni's i saw all year was wimberley....they were just the best)......

to old bison.....my thought was top 15 would be fair, long enough to see if the replacement back for cummings is good enough to take pressure away from gilbert like cummings did.....if you'll remember, i held off ranking them simply because a MONSTER hole was left with replacing our graduating qb with a sophomore, and true to form we lost the first game to k'ville due to turnovers, then ran the table after inserting cummings at rb.....even though cummings ran for 2,400+ i still think we have more people that can replace him at rb than we did replacing chad allen at qb (wouldn't surprise me to see sykes, our cb last year, replace cummings at rb)....now that our qb is a junior and has the experience of taking them to state as a soph, thats a hole not needed to be filled like last year....

lostaussie
03-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by trojandad
i'm guessing your being facetious....they're only 10 yrs old....the helmets might be 20 No i wasn't...........the black red and white went together really nice. Now I only saw them on TV, not up close.

trojandad
03-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
No i wasn't...........the black red and white went together really nice. Now I only saw them on TV, not up close.

well thats kind of you to say, cause i sure took a lot of ripping from friends who saw the team on tv.....