PDA

View Full Version : Chupacabra sightings in the Hill Country?

Cam
03-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Ok, here's my weird animal story: My daughter (then 18) and I were leaving our neighborhood at night. Suddenly, some sort of animal ran right out in front of us. (from right to left). We had our brights on and got a pretty good view of this thing. We hit the brakes and came to a stop. My daughter and I said almost simultaneously, "Did you see that?"......As best as we both could describe it: It was brownish, about 3 feet tall, ran on two legs in a sideways skipping motion, and looked like a darned monkey. Here's the weird part: We both agreed it looked like it had bat-like wings! Or some kind of excess skin on it's back and arms. Kinda like the flying monkeys on the Wizard of Oz only this thing didn't have a tail. (and no, we hadn't been watchin' a Wizard of Oz marathon). Anyways, scared the heck out of us. Especially my daughter. I kinda figured it was just a baby deer who's momma put her up to runnin' across the road on two legs just to mess with our heads! Anyway, about a month later, we heard of another "monkey" sighting on the opposite side of town. Kinda in your neck of the woods GreenDawg! You sure you haven't been releasing any of your pet monkeys GreenDawg? Don't be messin' with me! I've got enough problems already.....Does anybody know what kind of animals in the Hill Country run around on two legs? Anybody else got any weird stories out there?

Gsquared
03-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Ok, here's my weird animal story: My daughter (then 18) and I were leaving our neighborhood at night. Suddenly, some sort of animal ran right out in front of us. (from right to left). We had our brights on and got a pretty good view of this thing. We hit the brakes and came to a stop. My daughter and I said almost simultaneously, "Did you see that?"......As best as we both could describe it: It was brownish, about 3 feet tall, ran on two legs in a sideways skipping motion, and looked like a darned monkey. Here's the weird part: We both agreed it looked like it had bat-like wings! Or some kind of excess skin on it's back and arms. Kinda like the flying monkeys on the Wizard of Oz only this thing didn't have a tail. (and no, we hadn't been watchin' a Wizard of Oz marathon). Anyways, scared the heck out of us. Especially my daughter. I kinda figured it was just a baby deer who's momma put her up to runnin' across the road on two legs just to mess with our heads! Anyway, about a month later, we heard of another "monkey" sighting on the opposite side of town. Kinda in your neck of the woods GreenDawg! You sure you haven't been releasing any of your pet monkeys GreenDawg? Don't be messin' with me! I've got enough problems already.....Does anybody know what kind of animals in the Hill Country run around on two legs? Anybody else got any weird stories out there?

Did it have a mohawk hair cut? If so, it was probably just a horse. Horses have natural mohawks.

Cam
03-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Did it have a mohawk hair cut? If so, it was probably just a horse. Horses have natural mohawks.

OK, I can buy that one. Must have been a miniature horse though. And trained to walk on two legs......

greendawg84
03-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Man Cam I think I better have a talk with your wife to make sure you dont do those kind of drugs ( that you could get from the ole brother in law ) and drive again with your daughter in the car.......

I checked with the most avid hunter in our house , no confirmed sightings in this neck of the woods......

Gsquared
03-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Cam
OK, I can buy that one. Must have been a miniature horse though. And trained to walk on two legs......
Probably one of those horses from the Jack in the Box commercial and somebody trained it to walk on its hind legs.

nobogey72
03-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Sounds like it could have been my Mother in Law. Excess skin and all. But she's a little taller than 3 feet.

Cam
03-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Sounds like it could have been my Mother in Law. Excess skin and all. But she's a little taller than 3 feet.

:eek: :doh: :clap:

waterboy
03-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I swear I was nowhere near your area the other day.:eek:

ccmom
03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
I swear I was nowhere near your area the other day.:eek: Haha...you beat me to it!! :p

waterboy
03-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ccmom
Haha...you beat me to it!! :p
Were you near that area? He didn't mention a bottle of wine in its hand, so maybe you are off the hook....:p :D