PDA

View Full Version : Good Takee Outee Chinese

Bullaholic
03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Stopped in Sunday at Rice XPress. a Chinese Take-Out place on Jacksboro Hwy (199) in Lake Worth. It was some of the best Chinese I have had---great quality, fresh ingredients, big portions, and really reasonalble prices. Teriaki Chicken had 3 slabs of great white chicken, lots of brocolli and carrots---$5.99.
The Mongolian beef was great also--tender---$4.99. Busy, busy place with tons of take-out orders. Place was clean as a pin, too. This one is now on my "food map"...

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Stopped in Sunday at Rice XPress. a Chinese Take-Out place on Jacksboro Hwy (199) in Lake Worth. It was some of the best Chinese I have had---great quality, fresh ingredients, big portions, and really reasonalble prices. Teriaki Chicken had 3 slabs of great white chicken, lots of brocolli and carrots---$5.99.
The Monolian beef was great also--tender---$4.99. Busy, busy place with tons of take-out orders. Place was clean as a pin, too. This one is now on my "food map"...

I'm glad you had a good Chinese food experience this weekend since I didn't.

I drove all the way to Ingleside (7 miles) Saturday evening to go to Hu Dat's only to find out they are closed on Saturdays. I mean REALLY! What restaurant is closed on a Saturday?!?

I then drove back to Aransas Pass to our local Chinese food restaurant and got a plate to go from the buffet.

Funny story though, when I walked in, the place was empty except for a Hispanic woman at the check-out counter praying in Spanish. I politely stood there until she left and asked the young man if she was praying (I don't know Spanish, but the closed eyes and solemn look kinda gave it away). He said yes, she was praying that he would get more business. I think I was the answer to her prayer...;)

(well there is that and the fact that Hu Dat's was closed)

BaseballUmp
03-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I'm glad you had a good Chinese food experience this weekend since I didn't.

I drove all the way to Ingleside (7 miles) Saturday evening to go to Hu Dat's only to find out they are closed on Saturdays. I mean REALLY! What restaurant is closed on a Saturday?!?

I then drove back to Aransas Pass to our local Chinese food restaurant and got a plate to go from the buffet.

Funny story though, when I walked in, the place was empty except for a Hispanic woman at the check-out counter praying in Spanish. I politely stood there until she left and asked the young man if she was praying (I don't know Spanish, but the closed eyes and solemn look kinda gave it away). He said yes, she was praying that he would get more business. I think I was the answer to her prayer...;)

(well there is that and the fact that Hu Dat's was closed)

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd336/crazy1kenny/saints21lq7.gif

Cam
03-21-2011, 05:22 PM
The Monolian beef was great also--tender---$4.99. Busy, busy place with tons of take-out orders. Place was clean as a pin, too. This one is now on my "food map"...

Ok Bull, I'm confused! Great white chicken? Is that like shark meat they just call chicken?? Or is there some sort of chicken that lives in the ocean I don't know about? If that's the case, I bet them chickens are some mean sons-a-bitches! And Monolian beef. Is it called that cause it comes from a cow infected with mononucleosis? They do have some pretty big tongues ya know..I can see how they can spread the bugs...How stupid can I be! I know. It's called Monolian beef cause it comes from "Monos", an island from The Republic of Trinidad & Tobago. And man, thems some special cows over there! I'll be headin' to Rice XPress next time I'm in that neck of the woods for sure! I love Chinese. I'll call you and it'll be my treat! Go Bulls! :D

AP Panther Fan
03-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd336/crazy1kenny/saints21lq7.gif

Lol....the restaurant is owned by some of Dat Nguyens relatives...dat who.:D

Bullaholic
03-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Cam
Ok Bull, I'm confused! Great white chicken? Is that like shark meat they just call chicken?? Or is there some sort of chicken that lives in the ocean I don't know about? If that's the case, I bet them chickens are some mean sons-a-bitches! And Monolian beef. Is it called that cause it comes from a cow infected with mononucleosis? They do have some pretty big tongues ya know..I can see how they can spread the bugs...How stupid can I be! I know. It's called Monolian beef cause it comes from "Monos", an island from The Republic of Trinidad & Tobago. And man, thems some special cows over there! I'll be headin' to Rice XPress next time I'm in that neck of the woods for sure! I love Chinese. I'll call you and it'll be my treat! Go Bulls! :D

LOL---you kill me, Cam. You will like Rice XPress---believe me--folks can tell by looking at me that I know good food...:D The quality, portions, and prices were great there....Your dog may not like your eating there, though...:D

bobcat1
03-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Your dog may not like your eating there, though...:D That's my kind of place!:D

Bullaholic
03-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
That's my kind of place!:D

Can't be much good if it doesn't make you "ruminate", right Bobcat? :D

bobcat1
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Can't be much good if it doesn't make you "ruminate", right Bobcat? :D Plus no scraps for the dog. :D

Ernest T Bass
03-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Plus no scraps for the dog. :D

Plus you might be eating his cousin.

bobcat1
03-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Plus you might be eating his cousin. Or the cat he killed.:D