PDA

View Full Version : Elite 8 Picks

Bullaholic
03-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Ok--everbody's brackets are probably pretty well toast by now--so give me your Elite 8. Following is Sweet 16 Bracket:

Sweet 16 (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/569188/2011_ncaa_bracket_3rd_round.pdf)

I say:

Ohio St
UNC
Duke
UConn
Kansas
Fla St
Butler
FL

Old Tiger
03-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Kentucky
UNC

Duke
UCONN

Kansas
VCU

Butler
Florida

Bullaholic
03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Kentucky
UNC

Duke
UCONN

Kansas
VCU

Butler
Florida

You think KY is going to sink OS? Not questioning--but why?

Black_Magic
03-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Ok--everbody's brackets are probably pretty well toast by now--so give me your Elite 8. Following is Sweet 16 Bracket:

Sweet 16 (http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/569188/2011_ncaa_bracket_3rd_round.pdf)

I say:

Ohio St
UNC
Duke
UConn
Kansas
Fla St
Butler
FL WOW.. I thought you may be talking about the 8 Republican Senators from Wisconsin who are facing Recall elections.. sorry:rolleyes:

Old Tiger
03-21-2011, 02:02 PM
You think KY is going to sink OS? Not questioning--but why? They have the talent too...if they can find their groove shooting then it should be an exciting game.

Txbroadcaster
03-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
WOW.. I thought you may be talking about the 8 Republican Senators from Wisconsin who are facing Recall elections.. sorry:rolleyes:

WOW..how about not trying to turn everything into a political post

JasperDog94
03-21-2011, 02:10 PM
WOW.. I thought you may be talking about the 8 Republican Senators from Wisconsin who are facing Recall elections.. sorry:rolleyes: Well he certainly wouldn't have used the word "elite" in describing the chicken democrats that left the state now would he?:p

MUSTANG69
03-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Kentucky
N. Carolina

Duke
Conn.

Kansas
Fla. St.

Butler
Fla.

eagleqb_14
03-21-2011, 07:30 PM
im hoping VCU and butler will play

eagleqb_14
03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
ohio stae
NC
DUKE
SAN DIEGO STATE
kansas
vcu
butler
byu

coach
03-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by eagleqb_14
ohio stae
NC
DUKE
SAN DIEGO STATE
kansas
vcu
butler
byu

mine were

ohio state
syracuse
duke
sandiego st
kansas
notre dame
pitt
byu

now i will take

osu
unc
duke
uconn
kansas
florida st
wisconsin
byu

Black_Magic
03-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Well he certainly wouldn't have used the word "elite" in describing the chicken democrats that left the state now would he?:p Sorry. Just by the title I thought it was the 8 senators facing recalls..
Intresting you have a different oppinon than most..

Democrats who fled Wisconsin are given heroes' welcome
By Dustin Weaver - 03/12/11 08:52 PM ET

The 14 Democrats who fled Wisconsin to block a vote on union legislation thanked protesters Saturday for supporting them during their self-imposed exile.

Calling themselves the "Fabulous 14," the Democrats appeared at a rally against a bill signed Friday by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) that ends most collective bargaining rights for public employees. Critics call the law an "assault" on unions, but Walker said the legislation is necessary to reduce the state’s budget deficit.

The Republican majority in the state Senate passed the union bill earlier in the week, ending a long impasse that began when Democrats fled the state.

Tens of thousands of people filled the streets of Madison, Wis., for the protest. Estimates of the crowd size ranged from 50,000 to 100,000 people.

The Democrats who held up the vote were given a heroes' welcome outside the Capitol in Madison. Chants of “thank you, thank you” were heard as each of the Democrats took a turn speaking to the crowd.

garciap77
03-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Sorry. Just by the title I thought it was the 8 senators facing recalls..
Intresting you have a different oppinon than most..

Democrats who fled Wisconsin are given heroes' welcome
By Dustin Weaver - 03/12/11 08:52 PM ET

The 14 Democrats who fled Wisconsin to block a vote on union legislation thanked protesters Saturday for supporting them during their self-imposed exile.

Calling themselves the "Fabulous 14," the Democrats appeared at a rally against a bill signed Friday by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) that ends most collective bargaining rights for public employees. Critics call the law an "assault" on unions, but Walker said the legislation is necessary to reduce the state’s budget deficit.

The Republican majority in the state Senate passed the union bill earlier in the week, ending a long impasse that began when Democrats fled the state.

Tens of thousands of people filled the streets of Madison, Wis., for the protest. Estimates of the crowd size ranged from 50,000 to 100,000 people.

The Democrats who held up the vote were given a heroes' welcome outside the Capitol in Madison. Chants of “thank you, thank you” were heard as each of the Democrats took a turn speaking to the crowd.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

JasperDog94
03-22-2011, 10:33 PM

The Democrats who held up the vote were given a heroes' welcome outside the Capitol in Madison. Chants of “thank you, thank you” were heard as each of the Democrats took a turn speaking to the crowd. There were also those who are happy and cheer anytime something bad happens to the USA, including 9/11. That doesn't make them right.

Bottom line is that they failed to live up to their obligation to their constituents. (even the ones that voted against them) When things weren't going their way they tucked tail and ran away. Somehow I don't think that's what our founding fathers meant for our elected officials to do.

Black_Magic
03-23-2011, 09:09 AM
There were also those who are happy and cheer anytime something bad happens to the USA, including 9/11. That doesn't make them right.

Bottom line is that they failed to live up to their obligation to their constituents. (even the ones that voted against them) When things weren't going their way they tucked tail and ran away. Somehow I don't think that's what our founding fathers meant for our elected officials to do. Well according to EVERY public oppinion poll out of wiconsin the actions of the 14 are supported. Lets face it just because a govenor gets elected does not make everything he does ok. they didnt do one thing against the law. If the polls and the people didnt support thier actions Im sure they would have come back . Thier actions were supported and encouraged by the people. This will play out over the next 3 months in recalls. IF the dems are recalled then your right. if the Republicans are recalled then your wrong.:rolleyes: ALSO I want to point out that up to 100,000 people were in the protests and thanking them. your in the minority.:rolleyes:

JasperDog94
03-23-2011, 11:35 AM
your in the minority.:rolleyes: It's not the first time and I'm sure it won't be the last. But the fact still remains that they should have been fired for dereliction of duty. If they had been in the military that's exactly what would have happened. Or in any other job for that matter.

But by your logic we should repeal the unconstitutional healthcare legislation since only a minority of people support it, right?

Black_Magic
03-23-2011, 12:04 PM
But by your logic we should repeal the unconstitutional healthcare legislation since only a minority of people support it, right? IF you were right they would do that. But facts are that most support all the provisions of the health bill when asked about the individual provisions. Just curious. Just what about the health bill do you not like? Is it the part about baning insurance companies from excluding you for pre existing conditions. or being able to keep kids on till 25. ? Do you have health insurance? sure you do. so why you griping?

BwdLion73
03-23-2011, 12:10 PM
:( Oh well thanks for the try Bull....I enjoyed reading peoples picks for a while...:wave:

MUSTANG69
03-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
:( Oh well thanks for the try Bull....I enjoyed reading peoples picks for a while...:wave:

Let's hijack every political thread and turn it into a sports thread. That'll teach'em.:D

JasperDog94
03-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Do you have health insurance? sure you do. so why you griping? Because this bill was sold to the American people as a way to save money, yet there is ZERO in the bill that will keep costs down. As a matter of fact my insurance went up 33% this year. Thanks for the savings. :rolleyes:

There are other alternatives that the democrats had at their disposal to address the issue, but they wouldn't listen. That's why you had the largest turnover in congressional history in the House this past November. The people spoke and they said they didn't like the direction our leaders were taking us in.

JasperDog94
03-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by MUSTANG69
Let's hijack every political thread and turn it into a sports thread. That'll teach'em.:D Notice who turned it that way?;)

MUSTANG69
03-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Notice who turned it that way?;)

I did notice who turned it that way. I am now asking people to post their Elite 8 picks on his thread in the non-sports category.

Fair is fair.:D

BwdLion73
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
I enjoy catching a few games once it gets to the sweet 16 if it is a team I care for. My problem is you have to plan on spending 30 minutes just to watch the last 2:00. It kills me! :(

MUSTANG69
03-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion73
I enjoy catching a few games once it gets to the sweet 16 if it is a team I care for. My problem is you have to plan on spending 30 minutes just to watch the last 2:00. It kills me! :(

It seems that starting with the first round there have been excessive commercials. Makes the games to long.

On another note, my Final Four are still intact even though my complete bracket is a disaster. Kansas will take it all.

Yoe_09
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Connecticut
BYU
Duke
Butler
North Carolina
Kansas
Ohio St.
VCU

Bullaholic
03-25-2011, 08:58 AM

I say:

Ohio St
UNC
Duke
UConn
Kansas
Fla St
Butler
FL

Looks like I'm 3/4, so far---dang Duke blew me up, though....

The irony is, I posted to Cameron Crazy on another thread that Duke was "going down" just to poke at him---hope he forgives me....:D

MUSTANG69
03-25-2011, 09:37 AM
Looks like I'm 3/4, so far---dang Duke blew me up, though....

The irony is, I posted to Cameron Crazy on another thread that Duke was "going down" just to poke at him---hope he forgives me....:D

Same situation for me. I am going to quit being a Duke fan now.:mad:

charlesrixey
03-25-2011, 03:24 PM
well, as a long-time duke fan, i am doubly disappointed. but, on the bright side, i didn't pick a bracket this year, after getting the winner last year in my picks. so god was looking out for me ;)

Now i can just keep rooting for butler

Old Tiger
03-26-2011, 11:22 AM
All but Duke praise me