PDA

View Full Version : Lose the Fat

bowleghorses
03-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Lost 11.5 inches in the last 4 weeks...to easy. More to come I hope.:clap: I use to play football so this is sports related...

BEAST
03-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by bowleghorses
Lost 11.5 inches in the last 4 weeks...to easy. More to come I hope.:clap: I use to play football so this is sports related...

And how did you do it?

BEAST

Black_Magic
03-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BEAST
And how did you do it?

BEAST I bet if you just PUT DOWN THE FORK you can lose wate too:thumbsup:

waterboy
03-21-2011, 11:57 AM
That's got to be at least 50 to 60 pounds, right? I lost a little over 30 pounds, and about 3 to 4 inches off my waist in about 3 to 4 months last year. My doctor was amazed. He wanted to know how I did it, but, really all I did was change my diet a little. Smaller portions, limit carbs, and very little sugar-laden drinks and foods is all I did. No change in exercise habits or anything. It took some will power but I got it done. I still need to lose about another 10 to 15 pounds, but I'm not really worried about it.

Bull's-eye
03-21-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't know what your starting weight was, but be careful that you are not losing too much & too quickly. Your body needs "good" carbs for energy, so be careful about getting enough with a good balance of lean protein & vegetables. Diets that limit or avoid eating carbs will have early results, but later the body will enter a state where it could burn protein for energy. The price that's paid is a reduction in the body's protein stores. In other words muscle! All, in turn, causes the metabolic rate to slow down as well.

PPSTATEBOUND
03-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Down to 165lb.

Antec
03-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Iwas around 185 and lost about 20 pounds because of the stress and anxiety of my job I used to have at Bay City.

Being unemployed I have less stress but still the anxiety.

I walk in the afternoons and don't eat as much and lost the big appetite used to have.

May eat one candy bar a week with Caffein Free Pepsi.

Sometimes I only eat two meals and day and one is lite

big daddy russ
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
11.5 inches? That's awesome! I'd love to find those kinds of results.

I just started dieting/working out. Ballooned up to 275 lbs after throwing out my back in November and decided I wasn't comfortable anymore. I'm limited by bad knees and my back, but I've already shed about 5 lbs of water weight just from eating/drinking right. The real challenge is coming up, though.

My long-term goal considering my age and physical limitations is 15% body fat. In the short term, I'd be happy if I could just lose ten pounds a month until I fix my back. I'd also like to strengthen my shoulders, maybe get back into surfing shape and start surfing again this summer.

It'll be a challenge from not only an effort standpoint, but also finding the time and perseverance. I'm pretty stoked, though.

big daddy russ
03-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Iwas around 185 and lost about 20 pounds because of the stress and anxiety of my job I used to have at Bay City.

Being unemployed I have less stress but still the anxiety.

I walk in the afternoons and don't eat as much and lost the big appetite used to have.

May eat one candy bar a week with Caffein Free Pepsi.

Sometimes I only eat two meals and day and one is lite
Good to hear that the stress is gone. Maybe anxiety will subside with time.

I'm actually doing things a little differently than you. I eat five times a day (four very light meals and one light afternoon snack) to get my metabolism jump-started. I'm also following some advice from a friend and drinking a glass of ice cold water 30 minutes before each meal. Don't know if that works or not, but it can't hurt.

Good luck and keep us posted.

bowleghorses
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Sorry it took so long to get back but to be honest I have not lost a whole lot of weight maybe 5-10 lbs. Just inches from all over. The weirdest thing is I have not altered my eating habits one bit other than I try to eat for the last time of the day by 5:00 pm. The diet is found at nodiet.com using just protein, taking 1 tablespoon before I close my eyes to sleep. The cost is very reasonable too. I ride my excercise bike every other day for a couple of miles. I heard about this from the radio for a while and decided to try it. Look it up. And by the way, this is not an advertisement...I'm a cop who thinks it it may be helpful.

pancho villa
03-23-2011, 08:28 AM
I am down about 45 since new years day. It is not hard you just can't eat anything fun.

bowleghorses
03-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by pancho villa
I am down about 45 since new years day. It is not hard you just can't eat anything fun.

But I eat pretty much what I want. Just try and eat early and nothing but water for three hours before I go to bed.Take my protein and I sleep. My wife is like..."man I can get my arms around you easy now". Saw a friend the other day that I had not seen in months and she didn't recognize me.

pancho villa
03-23-2011, 09:24 AM
But I eat pretty much what I want. Just try and eat early and nothing but water for three hours before I go to bed.Take my protein and I sleep. My wife is like..."man I can get my arms around you easy now". Saw a friend the other day that I had not seen in months and she didn't recognize me.

My problem is I don't get home before 6 most days.

eagles_victory
03-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Lost 11.5 inches in the last 4 weeks...to easy. More to come I hope.:clap: Never heard a guy saying this was a good thing.

bowleghorses
03-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Check it out...nodiet.com
It wont hurt nothing.

poisoned10
03-24-2011, 07:44 AM
I might try this out.

bowleghorses
03-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Let me know how you do. I just ordered 2nd and 3rd month. I'm siked.:clap:

poisoned10
03-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Let me know how you do. I just ordered 2nd and 3rd month. I'm siked.:clap:

Will do!

Txbroadcaster
03-24-2011, 08:33 AM
u can find liquid protein in other places a little cheaper just for anyone who might be interested

bowleghorses
03-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Really...This one is called Calorad. But if it works the same I would be interested. Even though I find this one resonably priced. I heard about it a long time ago, but figured it was expensive. But...$42.00 a month or less if you order in more at one time is not too bad.

Old Tiger
03-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Gayle Sweeny: You know what I used to have for breakfast? Cocaine. Know what I had for lunch? Cocaine.

Wheeler: What did you have for dinner?

Danny: Was it cocaine?

Bull's-eye
03-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Check it out...nodiet.com
It wont hurt nothing.

Boy, didn't know taking 5 grams of liquid protein would burn fat. I'm no expert, but selling a 150 grams of protein for $42 is a total rip-off.

I'm a big fan of Keith Klein, one of the leading experts on nutrition. Here is a link to several podcasts on how to eat & the truth about many of the diet myths. Check out podcast #59 (quickest way to lose fat)

http://beyonddietpodcast.com/