PDA

View Full Version : Giddings job

Johnny Utah
03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Who gets it? An established head coach or a high level assistant?

hookandladder
03-21-2011, 01:11 PM
I would be willing to bet that they go outside, just a guess. Should have some top quailty coaches apply for this one, brand new football field and new high school to boot.

Johnny Utah
03-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Locke retire?

Old Tiger
03-21-2011, 01:15 PM
with the talent and skill giddings has i would like to see them go to a more wide open offense.

Ernest T Bass
03-21-2011, 01:25 PM
Y'all should just hire me. :clap:

Old Tiger
03-21-2011, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
Y'all should just hire me. :clap: i will second this if you hire me as your WR coach.

Ernest T Bass
03-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
i will second this if you hire me as your WR coach.

You ready to beat Rockdale?

Old Tiger
03-21-2011, 01:35 PM
You ready to beat Rockdale? whomever is on our schedule sir lol

Ernest T Bass
03-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
whomever is on our schedule sir lol

Just making sure your loyalty lies in the right place. Come on then!

Old Tiger
03-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Just making sure your loyalty lies in the right place. Come on then! I know some people with inside info...

Ernest T Bass
03-21-2011, 01:40 PM
Ive known Jeff Miller many a year.

coach
03-21-2011, 01:53 PM
etb i can be the qb's coach, also i would even be glad to coach basketball so you don't have to...i graduate in may lol

Ernest T Bass
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by coach
etb i can be the qb's coach, also i would even be glad to coach basketball so you don't have to...i graduate in may lol

Ha! No.

Old Tiger
03-21-2011, 01:56 PM
etb i can be the qb's coach, also i would even be glad to coach basketball so you don't have to...i graduate in may lol Sorry but you are over qualified.

hookandladder
03-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Judging by their sub varsity teams and JH teams , the Giddings talent will be somewhat down after next year however with a new coach coming in and I could see the new coach changing to some type of spread. You just shake your head for all those years watching Giddings run the ball every play and see the talent he had at the skilled positions just blocking instead of passing it to them some.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Ive known Jeff Miller many a year.

He was one of the final 3 for the Bellville job.

Rule #76
03-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Locke retire?

He turned in his keys last year. Pretty sure you can catch him on the way the lake or golf course this time of year!!!

Tx Challenge
03-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Anyone have a list of apps yet?

dog40
03-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
He was one of the final 3 for the Bellville job.

That is not an accurate statement.

Ernest T Bass
03-22-2011, 08:35 AM
We're getting off track here. ETB is the man to lead the Buffs! Mutiple offense, I LOVE other sports(especially girls' sports and baseball!), and, well, damnit, people like me!
Let's make it happen!

Johnny Utah
03-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Still some very very good coaches in Giddings. I bet the hire will be from outside and they will have a talented pool to choose from. Great area, strong 3a program, great facilities, etc....I know who I hope gets it!!

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-22-2011, 04:23 PM
We're getting off track here. ETB is the man to lead the Buffs! Mutiple offense, I LOVE other sports(especially girls' sports and baseball!), and, well, damnit, people like me!
Let's make it happen!

You toss your name in the hat yet? You should! I'd go watch some of your games.

Ernest T Bass
03-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
You toss your name in the hat yet? You should! I'd go watch some of your games.

Ha! Like Id have a shot in hell at it. I dont wanna be one of those slappys that puts in for every HC job that comes open.

Dogman_1969
03-22-2011, 05:41 PM
I heard they have their man already. He coached there about 16 yrs ago. I think he still lives there and is a avid outdoorman and has also coached in Rockdale..........

swineflu
03-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Still some very very good coaches in Giddings. I bet the hire will be from outside and they will have a talented pool to choose from. Great area, strong 3a program, great facilities, etc....I know who I hope gets it!!

The only good coach they had already left!!! ;) ;) :p

coach
03-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Ha! No.

why not?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Ha! Like Id have a shot in hell at it. I dont wanna be one of those slappys that puts in for every HC job that comes open.

You don't think you're ready yet? Or maybe you really don't want to coach at Giddings? ;)

I've a feeling I know where you want to go for your first head gig, but I'll keep that to myself. :D

Ernest T Bass
03-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas
You don't think you're ready yet? Or maybe you really don't want to coach at Giddings? ;)

I've a feeling I know where you want to go for your first head gig, but I'll keep that to myself. :D

Don't have the skins on the wall to even be considered.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
03-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Gotcha, boss.

Well, if you're ever lookin' for some new innovative run-oriented style offensive sets (I've been drawing up random plays for years now) let me know. :D

Coach BS
03-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Can I get in on this job, can I be the ball boy or something?

1st and goal
03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
No news yet.....

Ernest T. Bass, you certainly can't get the job if you don't apply.

I think it might help if whomever applies has a blue chipper son. We'll have a good team and talent level for whomever gets the job. And don't listen to Hook n Loser,:D :D :D we have plenty 'o talent to keep spanking that Lagrange @$$ for many years to come.:eek:

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
No news yet.....

Ernest T. Bass, you certainly can't get the job if you don't apply.

I think it might help if whomever applies has a blue chipper son. We'll have a good team and talent level for whomever gets the job. And don't listen to Hook n Loser,:D :D :D we have plenty 'o talent to keep spanking that Lagrange @$$ for many years to come.:eek:

Ha! If the new guy needs a coordinator, Im in. But not in a position to compete for the HC job.

1st and goal
03-24-2011, 04:01 PM
I'm just funnin wid ya Hook, don't take me seriously!
I got your back on here if the chips are down.

Dogman_1969
03-24-2011, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
I heard they have their man already. He coached there about 16 yrs ago. I think he still lives there and is a avid outdoorman and has also coached in Rockdale..........

NEWS FLASH FROM BUFF LAND

Ole Jimmy Simmonds as the AD and his brother Lew will come in as well. Look out if this comes to pass...........

1st and goal
03-24-2011, 05:56 PM
The paper just today says there are over 100 applicants for the AD/HC. I wonder since the state's cutting budgets, whether or not they can't separate the job into 2 jobs. I guess it can offer the right person more money to get the best candidate.

Anyway, they are setting up a panel that meets tonight to review the applications. The panel is made up of: community members, parents, administrators, board members, teachers and a male and female athlete.

It doesn't mention Simmonds. Do you think he already has the job and they are just wasting everyone's time?

coach
03-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Ha! If the new guy needs a coordinator, Im in. But not in a position to compete for the HC job.

still waiting for my answer

Ernest T Bass
03-24-2011, 07:38 PM
still waiting for my answer

To what?

Dogman_1969
03-25-2011, 08:39 PM
The paper just today says there are over 100 applicants for the AD/HC. I wonder since the state's cutting budgets, whether or not they can't separate the job into 2 jobs. I guess it can offer the right person more money to get the best candidate.

Anyway, they are setting up a panel that meets tonight to review the applications. The panel is made up of: community members, parents, administrators, board members, teachers and a male and female athlete.

It doesn't mention Simmonds. Do you think he already has the job and they are just wasting everyone's time?

Man The Simmonds comment was a riff. I know Coach Simmonds and he would be great but I don't think you could get him away from duck hunting enough. Last I heard he was running Ducks Unlimited and loving retirement.

coach
03-25-2011, 09:09 PM
To what?

why you wouldnt hire me

Ernest T Bass
03-25-2011, 09:36 PM
why you wouldnt hire me

Just not for that position. Lemmie get a HC gig and we'll talk.

zebrablue2
03-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Just not for that position. Lemmie get a HC gig and we'll talk.

u could put him in as the 7th grade B coach in basketball-- LOL!

coach
03-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
u could put him in as the 7th grade B coach in basketball-- LOL!

hey, i would gladly accept that right now lol

Ernest T Bass
03-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Lemmie get a HC job and Ive got a JH football job for ya if I can make the teaching fields fit.

hookandladder
03-26-2011, 09:24 AM
I'm just funnin wid ya Hook, don't take me seriously!
I got your back on here if the chips are down.

Good friend of mine has applied from way down South, has over 20 years of AD/HC experience in 4A and 5A. He could take Giddings over the next hurdle, works great with all sport's program's. Be interesting who Giddings goes after, should be a great list of coaches to pick from.

coach
03-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Lemmie get a HC job and Ive got a JH football job for ya if I can make the teaching fields fit.

sounds good to me...as long as you let me run the annexation of puerto rico 2-3 times a year