PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Bulls win Tomball tournament

Bull's-eye
03-20-2011, 09:40 PM
The Bellville Bulls (8 & under) won the Tomball baseball tournament. The kids from Bellville had to win 3 games on Sunday to capture the championship trophy. Congratulations Bulls!!

XMan
03-21-2011, 06:01 AM
serious?????

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-21-2011, 08:24 AM
The Bulls Select Baseball team beat the Tomball Cougars, and the West Houston Mustangs in the first 2 games on and Beat the Clear Lake Sharks for the Championship. Way to go future Brahmas!

Bull's-eye
03-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by XMan
serious?????

Yes, these kids are playing some of the best baseball in the area & you should go watch them. Bellville's baseball future looks very bright. I noticed a few scouts at the tournament....LOL.

Red Bull
03-21-2011, 11:26 AM
I saw these kids play last year in all stars - they are good. I also know one of the dads very well and he talks about them all the time. He says these kids just enjoy playing the game so much that they are a blast to watch.

Bellville has great group of kids coming up one day soon if they can stay together.

Way to go Bulls!

Bull's-eye
03-21-2011, 12:46 PM
I will try & post a picture of the tournament champions.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5951/bellvillebullsbaseball.jpg

Red Bull
03-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Fine group of young men. Way to go Bulls!

Are you sure that big boy in the middle back is 8? He looks 15!

XMan
03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
With the coaching they are receiving, they should never lose.

zebrablue2
03-21-2011, 08:07 PM
With the coaching they are receiving, they should never lose.

:iagree: I coached one myself, way back when. I am sure he uses many of my old teachings:D Great job future brahmas, and have fun all the way through. Thats what its all about!!!

XMan
03-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Will this group be making any home appearances so we can all come out and support them????

Red Bull
03-22-2011, 12:07 PM
I talked to the dad I know and he said they practice each Sunday afternoon / evening at the BLL park. He said even their practices are a lot of fun to watch.

I know there is a 10U team in Bellville that is very good as well. They have had a lot of success in select ball as well. There should be a good run for Bellville in baseball in the next 6-8 years if these boys and coaches keep it going.

XMan
03-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I think its really awesome that these kids are getting such a great opportunity. I wish them all the best and hope they have great lifelong memories from their baseball days. I also find it quite funny how serious the dads take it.

Red Bull
03-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Wow XMan I thought you had said something nice, but then you follow it up with negativity again. Again!

Maybe the dads want to give the kids the best opportunity they can to be succesful.

You never cease to amaze me.

Red Bull
03-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I have thought about this some more and I feel compelled to call out these coaches / dads and applaud them for their efforts and "seriousness" as you call it XMan. I think it is great what these dads are doing for these boys. They are teaching them not only baseball, but life lessons along the way. As ZebraBlue2 said, he coached one of the coaches back in the day and maybe that coach is thankful for his efforts and is doing it for not only his kid, but someone else's kid as well.

These kids could be doing far worse things than baseball and we all see it too often these days. It is refreshing to see what these coaches are doing with this fine group of young men. I am glad there are people who will get out and actually do things and not just sit on a chair and type on a keyboard as some on this site do. Especially when their comments are always focusing on the negative and full of sarcasm.

Great job coaches / dads! Keep it up. You are developing our coaches / dads of the future.

zebrablue2
03-23-2011, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Red Bull
I have thought about this some more and I feel compelled to call out these coaches / dads and applaud them for their efforts and "seriousness" as you call it XMan. I think it is great what these dads are doing for these boys. They are teaching them not only baseball, but life lessons along the way. As ZebraBlue2 said, he coached one of the coaches back in the day and maybe that coach is thankful for his efforts and is doing it for not only his kid, but someone else's kid as well.

These kids could be doing far worse things than baseball and we all see it too often these days. It is refreshing to see what these coaches are doing with this fine group of young men. I am glad there are people who will get out and actually do things and not just sit on a chair and type on a keyboard as some on this site do. Especially when their comments are always focusing on the negative and full of sarcasm.

Great job coaches / dads! Keep it up. You are developing our coaches / dads of the future.

:clap: x is a pretty darn good coach himself, and does many good things for kids. do not know why he is so neg. on this site?? maybe just his groove:D looking at the pic. again, I actually coached the big boy in the upper left also. man was he a handful!!

Red Bull
03-24-2011, 10:22 AM
ZB2, It is good to hear the XMan has experience coaching kids as well. It just seems odd with that background he would come on this site and be so negative and sacrcastic all the time.

Oh well, to each his own.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
03-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I also find it quite funny how serious the dads take it.

What is so FUNNY to you? Sounds like the dads are trying to give the kids the best opportunity to be the best that they can be at the sport. So if being serious about that is Funny to you X, you need Help!