need Caldwell/Smithville score

LeeCoMom
03-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Caldwell 7
Smithville 1
I think...

Old Tiger
03-18-2011, 09:45 PM
Is Rockdale good at softball anymore? Haven't watched a game since 07....

Used to be a good La Grange/Rockdale Rivalry in softball as well as Caldwell when they were in the same district those years.

zebrablue2
03-18-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Rockdale 12
Navasota 0

LaGrange 10
Giddings 4

need Caldwell/Smithville score

Heard Supak hit a grand slam (LG-Buffs) in this game to break it wide open. That girl is a beast! Took up after her dad!:D

87 TIGER
03-18-2011, 11:10 PM
Zebra do you know anything about an injury at that game??

LeeCoMom
03-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Supak hit 2 hrs - one being a grand slam. She is a very disciplined hitter. IMO the game changer was when Giddings had their 2 run shot called back on a questionable call (runner leaving early), which would have made the score 5-4. It was unfortunate. In 8+ years of watching softball, it was the only time I've seen another team protest a kid's hr and get it called back. It was too bad for the kid who earned it.

There was an injury to an LG player during the pre-game warm up when she was hit in the chest on an overthrow. They took her to the hospital as a precaution (my understanding). Prayers out to the player. Anyone have an update on her?

87 TIGER
03-19-2011, 01:21 AM
I was told tonight that she might be out quiet awhile, I was told she was one of the pitchers is that correct?

zebrablue2
03-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by LeeCoMom
Supak hit 2 hrs - one being a grand slam. She is a very disciplined hitter. IMO the game changer was when Giddings had their 2 run shot called back on a questionable call (runner leaving early), which would have made the score 5-4. It was unfortunate. In 8+ years of watching softball, it was the only time another team protest a kid's hr and get it called back. It was too bad for the kid who earned it.I've seen

There was an injury to an LG player during the pre-game warm up when she was hit in the chest on an overthrow. They took her to the hospital as a precaution (my understanding). Prayers out to the player. Anyone have an update on her?

Surely this call was not made after she rounded the bases, and was protested by a coach??

hookandladder
03-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
Surely this call was not made after she rounded the bases, and was protested by a coach??

There was a 3 man officiating crew, meaning with a runner on first you still had an ump at first. The ump at first called the runner for leaving early as soon as he saw the pitch leave the pitchers hand, it was game changing however the call was made right away by the ump. FYI- leaving early happen a lot in softball however normally with a 2 man crew it is hard to call, with a 3 man crew that is one of the main things he is looking at. Bad break for Giddings however still feel LG hitting 1 thru 9 would still have been the difference.

LeeCoMom
03-19-2011, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by zebrablue2

No, it was made while they were running. The hitter reached second when they called her back. I should have been more clear in my posting. I didn't mean to imply that it was protested after the trip around. There were comments being made by the coaches and players that Giddings had a couple of girls who were leaving early. A comment was made during this particular play and obviously the ump chose to agree with LG.

For the record, the girl who was called for it is a Big 12 recruit with a lot of solid coaching and experience behind her. She has her timing down to perfection because she has worked extremely hard in this area. She steals a lot of bases and I'm sure this is frustrating to opposing teams.

LeeCoMom
03-19-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
There was a 3 man officiating crew, meaning with a runner on first you still had an ump at first. The ump at first called the runner for leaving early as soon as he saw the pitch leave the pitchers hand, it was game changing however the call was made right away by the ump. FYI- leaving early happen a lot in softball however normally with a 2 man crew it is hard to call, with a 3 man crew that is one of the main things he is looking at. Bad break for Giddings however still feel LG hitting 1 thru 9 would still have been the difference.

LG absolutley outhit Giddings this game. My point was that the call was a momentum changer for Giddings. Your girls were having a very good day against our starting pitcher, who was the same pitcher with a 2-0 record against LG last year, so that was a nice win for LG. They are obviously putting alot of work into hitting and it shows.

hookandladder
03-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by LeeCoMom
LG absolutley outhit Giddings this game. My point was that the call was a momentum changer for Giddings. Your girls were having a very good day against our starting pitcher, who was the same pitcher with a 2-0 record against LG last year, so that was a nice win for LG. They are obviously putting alot of work into hitting and it shows.

Agree and I know the kid who was called for leaving early, was not at the game however was told by someone that has many years of experience in high school softball that it was not the first time she had left early in the game. Every smart player tries to get an extra jump, part of softball but sometimes you get caught. If and's and but's, all part of the game. Both teams will move on and mostly like meet again after District, Good Luck to the Giddings girls.

hookandladder
03-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
I was told tonight that she might be out quiet awhile, I was told she was one of the pitchers is that correct?

Negative, a little sore but is really to go. She is a very tough kid, another stick in the lineup that can go yard any pitch that did not play against Giddings.