PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Baseball

sinton66
03-18-2011, 11:13 AM
Last night's game at Whataburger Field, Sinton 13, (4A)Beeville AC Jones 3, final.

Phil C
03-18-2011, 02:42 PM
According to the schedule Sinton is scheduled to play Santa Fe, Oklahoma in Sinton tomorrow (Saturday) at 1 P.M. in Sinton.

Vrabird
03-18-2011, 03:26 PM
The game time has been changed to 11:00am.

Phil C
03-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
The game time has been changed to 11:00am.

Thanks Vra. A Sinton ISD official just told me the same thing.

pirate4state
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
The official "grand opening" of the ball park will be next Friday, March 25th in our district opener against Rockport-Fulton. Hope to see you there. :)

Vrabird
03-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I plan on being there! Made the first game in the new stadium against Odem, and hopefully can say that I was there for the official grand opening of the awesome Pirate baseball stadium!

SintonFan_inAustin
03-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
The official "grand opening" of the ball park will be next Friday, March 25th in our district opener against Rockport-Fulton. Hope to see you there. :) hopefully the game gets started later than 7 pm

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Vrabird
I plan on being there! Made the first game in the new stadium against Odem, and hopefully can say that I was there for the official grand opening of the awesome Pirate baseball stadium!

I'll be there. I need to watch some Region IV baseball to help keep some perspective. :D
Maybe I'll get chance to meet some of you folks finally.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-18-2011, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I'll be there. I need to watch some Region IV baseball to help keep some perspective. :D
Maybe I'll get chance to meet some of you folks finally. :clap:

Going to see Lucas Lovejoy vs Frisco Lone Star on tuesday, some region 2 baseball.

Sweetwater Red
03-18-2011, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
:clap:

Going to see Lucas Lovejoy vs Frisco Lone Star on tuesday, some region 2 baseball.

Nice. :thumbsup:

Phil C
03-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Sinton played Santa Fe Oklahoma today and baseball. I had to leave before the 7th inning but Sinton was behind 8 to 2. Santa Fe Wolves had good pitching, hitting and fielding. It is located just north of Oklahoma City by about 20 miles. In fact it is a suburb of Oklahoma City. I visited with one of their fans and didn't feel too bad about the loss (assuming we didnt come back in the 7th) because they told me they had 2100 students. They had several big baseball players and they could hit. Their school would be quivalent to a 5A school in Texas.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Sinton played Santa Fe Oklahoma today and baseball. I had to leave before the 7th inning but Sinton was behind 8 to 2. Santa Fe Wolves had good pitching, hitting and fielding. It is located just north of Oklahoma City by about 20 miles. In fact it is a suburb of Oklahoma City. I visited with one of their fans and didn't feel too bad about the loss (assuming we didnt come back in the 7th) because they told me they had 2100 students. They had several big baseball players and they could hit. Their school would be quivalent to a 5A school in Texas. They're 6A which is equivalent to 5A and yea they were big! They were rank in the top 10 in Oklahoma. They went 2-1 in there trip to the Corpus Christi area with wins over Robstown 3-2, Sinton 8-2 and getting run ruled by Corpus Christi Carroll 15-3. Carroll hit 6 hormeruns. I think Robstown face their ace pitcher, a Oklahoma commit Clayton Blackburn.

LLFan
03-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Sintan fan in Austin,
Make sure you stop by and say hi. Hope you get to see a good game.

Phil C
03-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Maybe I'll get chance to meet some of you folks finally.

Look me up if you can make it. I will be the old guy wearing a black and white San Antonio Spurs cap.

Sweetwater Red
03-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Look me up if you can make it. I will be the old guy wearing a black and white San Antonio Spurs cap.

Will do. I'll be the middle aged guy in the Michigan cap.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by LLFan
Sintan fan in Austin,
Make sure you stop by and say hi. Hope you get to see a good game. sure just need to know who you are :) lots of dark clouds today, any rain in that area

swineflu
03-21-2011, 09:18 PM
It appears to be a pretty nice ballpark.

LLFan
03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Weather was fine tonight, watched a few innings of the Freshman game. I will be sitting behind home plate in front of press box about half way up. Will have on a black and red LL cap.

FmrPirate14
03-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Should be in town finally for 1 of Sintons home games next weekend vs AP (April 1) , I cant wait to see this stadium.

Phil C
03-23-2011, 07:26 AM
I will mainly be at the softball game Friday but I will make my way over to the baseball field since they are close together and they don't mind you going from one game to the other. Looking forward to meeting those that can come to the game. Especially for the man in the Michigan cap.

LLFan
03-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Sinton Fan,
Sorry I missed you last night. Sounds like you were at the game from other posts. Lovejoy looked off from what I saw, not near what they usually bring.