PDA

View Full Version : So is everyone on Spring Break???

DavidWooderson
03-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Sure is quiet.........come on folks...wake up! Yes, I know that it's not football season but it's a good time for sports! NCAA basketball tourny is up and going with 3 Texas schools (Texas, A&M and UTSA) in it (I know kinda sad, but better than Oklahoma with 0 schools in it), NBA season is winding down and the playoffs are about a month away (Spurs and Dallas are in, Houston is just 3 1/2 games out of the 8th spot) as is the NHL season (Stars are in as long as they don't screw up majorly) and right now the MLB is half way thru Spring Training and the season kicks off in 2 weeks!

Not to mention H.S. Baseball, Softball, Track, Golf and Tennis in full swing (no pun intended).

7 on 7 is just around the corner then we'll be packing the stadiums again for football!

Bullaholic
03-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Always dead when there is no Tour de France or chess tournaments.....:D

AP Panther Fan
03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Always dead when there is no Tour de France or chess tournaments.....:D

I'm not on Spring Break, how about you, Bull? My spring break broke a long time ago.;)

I don't know, I could argue with coaches if you want me to liven things up.....:thinking: That is always fun.:)

Pendragon13
03-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Of course, aren't we all students, teachers or coaches?

NOT:(

AP Panther Fan
03-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Of course, aren't we all students, teachers or coaches?

NOT:(

I know...some of us have to work AND put up with our kids calling us non-stop since THEY are on spring break.:dispntd:

Bullaholic
03-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I know...some of us have to work AND put up with our kids calling us non-stop since THEY are on spring break.:dispntd:

Same here, AP---parents stay while the kids play....:D

Ranger Mom
03-17-2011, 01:37 PM
Not on Spring Break but have spent all morning making tentative State Track Meet plans.

Didn't get to go last year, so am sure wanting to make it this year!!

Old LB
03-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Not on Spring Break but have spent all morning making tentative State Track Meet plans.

Didn't get to go last year, so am sure wanting to make it this year!!

I had no idea you were that fast. :D

Ernest T Bass
03-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Spring Breakin' here

AP Panther Fan
03-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
I had no idea you were that fast. :D

She's pretty good at hurdles and high jump too....picture of grace, right RM?;)

Ranger Mom
03-17-2011, 02:18 PM

OMG!! Last time I jumped a hurdle.....about 7 years ago I caught it with my back foot....I fell for DAYS!!!

Skinned up both my hands, both knees and a hip. In the past 10 years I have had to check hurdles and skateboards off of my list of "things to do"....both resulted in catastrophic injuries!!

Some day I will learn...just because I still feel 17 doesn't mean my body does!!:(

BaseballUmp
03-17-2011, 02:20 PM

Some day I will learn...just because I still feel 17 doesn't mean my body does!!:(

Say 18 and we can talk lol

Old LB
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
OMG!! Last time I jumped a hurdle.....about 7 years ago I caught it with my back foot....I fell for DAYS!!!

Skinned up both my hands, both knees and a hip. In the past 10 years I have had to check hurdles and skateboards off of my list of "things to do"....both resulted in catastrophic injuries!!

I think we all would like to see the video of that, anybody happen to film it? :D

eagles_victory
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Say 18 and we can talk lol 17 is the law in Texas just saying

BaseballUmp
03-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
17 is the law in Texas just saying

Well then...

coach
03-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Well then...

bleedin means breedin

Ranger Mom
03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
I think we all would like to see the video of that, anybody happen to film it? :D

Thank heavens NO!!!

In the skateboard incident, I was left with a bruise on my outer thigh about 6 inches wide and 8 inches long.

This was 2 days before we went on vacation. Our first stop was a Texas Rangers game, me and my daughter had to go to the bathroom so we climbed over our seats because it was less crowded...well my foot slipped and I slammed the front of my other leg into the seat back.

By the time we got to the cabin we had rented on a lake my legs were both sporting HUGE bruises...(and I don't bruise easily, AT ALL.)

My husband was so embarrassed. If anyone even looked our way he just knew that they were probably thinking he beat the crap out of me!

It probably didn't help one day when we were out at the pool that when he gave me his hand to pull me out of my lounge chair, I flinched and cringed and cried out, "please don't hit me again!":p :p (That didn't go over real well at the time, but I still think it was funny!!)

Ernest T Bass
03-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Thank heavens NO!!!

In the skateboard incident, I was left with a bruise on my outer thigh about 6 inches wide and 8 inches long.

This was 2 days before we went on vacation. Our first stop was a Texas Rangers game, me and my daughter had to go to the bathroom so we climbed over our seats because it was less crowded...well my foot slipped and I slammed the front of my other leg into the seat back.

By the time we got to the cabin we had rented on a lake my legs were both sporting HUGE bruises...(and I don't bruise easily, AT ALL.)

My husband was so embarrassed. If anyone even looked our way he just knew that they were probably thinking he beat the crap out of me!

It probably didn't help one day when we were out at the pool that when he gave me his hand to pull me out of my lounge chair, I flinched and cringed and cried out, "please don't hit me again!":p :p (That didn't go over real well at the time, but I still think it was funny!!)

If I was blamed for bruises on a girl's thighs, Id take it as a compliment. Just sayin'

BaseballUmp
03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
If I was blamed for bruises on a girl's thighs, Id take it as a compliment. Just sayin'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glhdcJ7K3XM

Old LB
03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
We went to Hawaii in '99 and my wife jumped off a cliff about 30/40 ft above the water and landed wrong, she was bruised from her lower back to mid thigh for most of the vacation. I told her cliff diving should be left to the men! :thinking:

Ranger Mom
03-17-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass

The outside of one and the front of the other??:thinking:

waterboy
03-17-2011, 02:59 PM
She may not be able to do that anymore, but I hear she can definitely dance with a stripper pole!:eek: :D

AP Panther Fan
03-17-2011, 03:04 PM
RM, lol....I didn't know about the other incidents. I was thinking about you falling down the steps in the bleachers a couple of seasons ago....

no running with scissors for you! :D

Ernest T Bass
03-17-2011, 03:21 PM
The outside of one and the front of the other??:thinking:

I get intense sometimes...

Ranger Mom
03-17-2011, 03:23 PM
RM, lol....I didn't know about the other incidents. I was thinking about you falling down the steps in the bleachers a couple of seasons ago....

no running with scissors for you! :D

I have a scar across my nose from that one!!

I am really not a klutz either!!

The skateboard thing.....well, there was this STUPID ROCK. If you have ever riden a skateboard, you know how dangerous those rocks can be.

The hurdles thing, well that was just stupid on my part. If only I had hiked that back leg up about another 1/2 inch I would have cleared it.....still relive that one in slow motion!!

The bleachers incident....that was just a stupid design of stairs coupled with the fact that I had my hands firmly embedded in my pockets. I learned a huge lesson that day!!I think that was my last big "boo boo!":D

AP Panther Fan
03-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I am really not a klutz either!!

uh huh....;)

Do you have your pool ready for the summer yet?

Ranger Mom
03-17-2011, 03:44 PM
uh huh....;)

Do you have your pool ready for the summer yet?

Oh no.....not anywhere near ready to go. Gotta get another liner this year...BOOO!!!!

AP Panther Fan
03-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh no.....not anywhere near ready to go. Gotta get another liner this year...BOOO!!!!

Are they expensive? On the up side...you won't be scrubbing the old one.

Ranger Mom
03-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Are they expensive? On the up side...you won't be scrubbing the old one.

Probably around $200.00. It's not the price, it's the fact that I HATE having to put one in....it sucks BIG TIME!!

Our liners only last 2-3 years because of our hard water!!

waterboy
03-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Probably around $200.00. It's not the price, it's the fact that I HATE having to put one in....it sucks BIG TIME!!

Our liners only last 2-3 years because of our hard water!!
I hear you can treat the water with a softener. Is that true? And is it cost effective? Who's the pool expert on this here site?

Ernest T Bass
03-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Pool party at RM's house!!!

DavidWooderson
03-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by coach
bleedin means breedin

ummmmm.....no