PDA

View Full Version : I hate being wrong

RoyceTTU
03-16-2011, 01:56 PM
So, during the last snow storm, I mentioned my wife pulled the handle off of her little Tiburon:doh: :doh:

I had a hard time finding a replacement so I ended up having to have one shipped in from Hong Kong. Well it came in after 2-1/2 weeks of shipping and when it came in I looked at the part through a plastic bag and noticed it was black.

I promptly emailed the vendor telling him he sent me a black one. He promptly emailed me back telling me what he sent. I unpacked it and sure enough he was right:doh:

To make things worse, I ordered the wrong damn color. I'm so pissed and my wife will be worse because she is having to reach across from the passenger side. GRRRRR I'm almost ready to just buy a new car:doh:

Ranger Mom
03-16-2011, 01:58 PM
MEN!!:rolleyes:

Old LB
03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
You should put that one on and tell her that is the only color they had. :D

waterboy
03-16-2011, 02:06 PM
......OR just paint the dang thing!

bobcat1
03-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Old LB
You should put that one on and tell her that is the only color they had. :D Or sell the car and let her walk. :p I can say that because I don't live with her. :D

crzyjournalist03
03-16-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
......OR just paint the dang thing!

especially if it's the exterior handle...that should be a very easy fix.

YTBulldogs
03-16-2011, 02:58 PM
Seems some krylon would do the trick. She'll never know and love you for it.

BaseballUmp
03-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Sounds like a project for the kids lol

Twirling Time
03-17-2011, 06:33 AM
I'd say next time buy a Chevy and order the part American, but sadly most of those come from Hong Kong too.

BEAST
03-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
I'd say next time buy a Chevy and order the part American, but sadly most of those come from Hong Kong too.

Nope, Mexico!

BEAST

GrTigers6
03-17-2011, 08:35 AM
I can do one better. We ordered some tennis screens for our courts from a company we have had several issues with them sending the right ones. When they came in we unfolded one of them and it looked like it was short. i put a tape measurer too it and sure enough it was. So I called my boss and let him know the bad news and he called the company and griped out the sales lady. However after further investigation we noticed there was an extra fold in the screen we coudnt see until we tried folding it back up and they wee actually right.
So I had to call the sales lady myself and apoligize personally for causing her to get griped at. Then call my boss and let him know.
In my defense it was a Monday:D
Next time I will double check and then triple check. :doh:

waterboy
03-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I can do one better. We ordered some tennis screens for our courts from a company we have had several issues with them sending the right ones. When they came in we unfolded one of them and it looked like it was short. i put a tape measurer too it and sure enough it was. So I called my boss and let him know the bad news and he called the company and griped out the sales lady. However after further investigation we noticed there was an extra fold in the screen we coudnt see until we tried folding it back up and they wee actually right.
So I had to call the sales lady myself and apoligize personally for causing her to get griped at. Then call my boss and let him know.
In my defense it was a Monday:D
Next time I will double check and then triple check. :doh:
Way to man up!:clap: As a salesman, that has happened to me. We're not perfect, but the vast majority of the time we are right. Like the old saying goes, though, "the customer is always right." NOT!!:D

Old Tiger
03-17-2011, 10:11 AM
this thread title is ironic

GrTigers6
03-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by waterboy
Way to man up!:clap: As a salesman, that has happened to me. We're not perfect, but the vast majority of the time we are right. Like the old saying goes, though, "the customer is always right." NOT!!:D I felt so bad for the lady. I kept saying I'm sorry but she kept saying she was glad it was right.

waterboy
03-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
I felt so bad for the lady. I kept saying I'm sorry but she kept saying she was glad it was right.
She was glad it was right because of the trouble it is to return ship, re-ship, credit the item, recharge, not to mention the costs. I know, I hate doing it. It's a lot of trouble.

lv2937
03-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Last year I bought a new camper. A couple of months after I bought it, i was getting ready to Port A for a week. I noticed that the paper tag on it was expired. I called the place I bought the camper at and griped them out for not mailing me the new tags. They swore they had mailed them to me.I told them I wanted the tags right NOW. They said just go to the court house and pay 5 bucks and get a replacement tag and they would pay me back. I was so pissed at them I told them to drive to Burnet and do it their selfs since they screwed up and they did. When my wife got home from work I told her all about it. Guess what, she had tthe tags for the camper in her car.She said she has had them for over a month and forgot to tell me she had them. Talk about feeling like an a&& .

BaseballUmp
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by lv2937
Last year I bought a new camper. A couple of months after I bought it, i was getting ready to Port A for a week. I noticed that the paper tag on it was expired. I called the place I bought the camper at and griped them out for not mailing me the new tags. They swore they had mailed them to me.I told them I wanted the tags right NOW. They said just go to the court house and pay 5 bucks and get a replacement tag and they would pay me back. I was so pissed at them I told them to drive to Burnet and do it their selfs since they screwed up and they did. When my wife got home from work I told her all about it. Guess what, she had tthe tags for the camper in her car.She said she has had them for over a month and forgot to tell me she had them. Talk about feeling like an a&& .

Your wife should have lol

GrTigers6
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
She was actually packing to drive here from Lubbock to pick them up when I called. I am so glad we figured it out before that.