PDA

View Full Version : Downtime the last 24 hours....

sinton66
03-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Administrator informed us of this:

" Downtime the past 24 hours...
As an update, I was able to locate the source of the problem w/ the weird posts that weren't going through, and all of the downtime. One of the log files in the system somehow got up to 40GB (Yes, GigaByte), and filled up the hard drive. In comparison, the entire 3ADL Database file is only a little over 1GB. This logfile (in conjunction w/ the rest of the operating system and misc files on the server) had filled up the hard drive to 100% Capacity, and therefore, caused a chain reaction of failures. I have tested the system, and it appears that we are back to 100% functional system, with 40GB of extra capacity."

We should be back 100% now.

MustangFootball
03-16-2011, 08:01 AM
thanks s66 i was lost all night without 3adownlow, glad to see it up and running.

RoyceTTU
03-16-2011, 08:02 AM
On a side note, I chatted for the first time :D

bobcat1
03-16-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
On a side note, I chatted for the first time :D Well now we will just call you Chatty Kathy. Thanks 66!

Bullaholic
03-16-2011, 09:14 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Big "thank you" to admin. I am in the computer business, and I can asure you I have great appreciation for any IT person who corrects a major problem as promptly and well as admin does---especially on a website that is operated gratis, except for some help with the operating costs from some of the faithful. Admin's only reward and motivation is to provide a great place for us to exchange ideas and have fun. We are very fortunate to have such great and capable ownership as Admin, Sinton66, and Old Green .

Ranger Mom
03-16-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Big "thank you" to admin. I am in the computer business, and I can asure you I have great appreciation for any IT person who corrects a major problem as promptly and well as admin does---especially on a website that is operated gratis, except for some help with the operating costs from some of the faithful. Admin's only reward and motivation is to provide a great place for us to exchange ideas and have fun. We are very fortunate to have such great and capable ownership as Admin, Sinton66, and Old Green .

Amen to that!!

(I told y'all it had nothing to do with me!!:tongue: )

bobcat1
03-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Amen to that!!
I second the sentiments about Admin.
(I told y'all it had nothing to do with me!!:tongue: ) :lies: :taunt: :taunt:

RoyceTTU
03-16-2011, 09:33 AM

(I told y'all it had nothing to do with me!!:tongue: )

I wouldn't speak to soon. If I read it correctly the link you linked, caused spamming which was hitting every IP in site. That caused the sudden rash of log entries.

Sorry, you'r still on the hook :mad:

RoyceTTU
03-16-2011, 09:34 AM
J/K

I made all that up, but it sounded good:p

BaseballUmp
03-16-2011, 10:45 AM
No I'm gonna have to agree with your initial response Royce. It's absolutely RM's fault lol

crzyjournalist03
03-16-2011, 10:57 AM
That's what Administrator gets for having all his dirty emails sent to him at this site...

sinton66
03-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Don't forget, we added a fourth owner, WOS87.

Bullaholic
03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
Don't forget, we added a fourth owner, WOS87.

Indeed, you did. My apologies to the "new kid on the block", WOS87....

LH Panther Mom
03-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
On a side note, I chatted for the first time :D
I tried but no one showed up to join me. :weeping: :weeping: