PDA

View Full Version : Preseason district picks

Idiot
10-01-2001, 10:34 AM
I was just looking at the preseason district picks for 5-3A, Who was high when they picked Clyde to be 3rd????hmmmm not very smart

Idiot
10-01-2001, 10:35 AM
Or rather the ADM ranks

victory11
10-01-2001, 11:01 AM
it will be 1.Wylie 2.sweetwater 3.ballinger

Idiot
10-01-2001, 11:05 AM
I some what agree, but it wouldnt surprise me if Sweetwater is putting to much into the Wylie game and Ballinger beats them and ends up #2.

victory11
10-01-2001, 12:31 PM
yea i could see that happening

BigBalls
10-01-2001, 01:13 PM
Ballinger 2nd place. I thought they lost everything. And isn't Wylie just unbeatable. Sweetwater is pretty good but they are not quite there yet. Maybe next year.

Idiot
10-01-2001, 01:21 PM
Ballinger may have lost what they had last year,but they are still a good team,Sweetwater is also a good team , i was just saying Sweetwater may be looking to Wylie and overlook Ballinger, and to answer your "Wylie unbeatable" queation, NO one is ever unbeatable and Wylie must get their ducks in a row and get rid of the big head if they plan on accomplishing the goal they set for their self.And before you Wylie players and fans start bashing me, i am a BIG Wylie fan.

victory11
10-01-2001, 05:00 PM
i dont think that the wylie players are big headed, i think they know that they have talent & that they can go a long ways if they work hard. but they know they have to take it one game at a time and get better.

bearcat1
10-01-2001, 08:54 PM
Clyde wasn't picked 2nd and neither was ballinger, those are adm ranks. I'll make a new post to clear this up for yall
bc

Originally posted by Idiot:
I was just looking at the preseason district picks for 5-3A, Who was high when they picked Clyde to be 3rd????hmmmm not very smart

MustangFan03
10-02-2001, 12:44 AM
I don't believe that Sweetwater will be looking ahead to Wylie. Ballinger is too good of a team to look past so you can pretty much discount that theory out. I don't think that people are not giving Wylie the respect they deserve because they really haven't done anything this year to give them respect.I know Wylie isn't used to going very far into the playoff's ,so my take is that since they went so far last year is they should be held in high regard this year. It doesn't work that way.You have got to beaat quality teams and if they are not of high quailty then you need to beat them by more than a few points.Wylie has done nethier.So until they can beat a top 10 team THIS year they will be open to criticism.Oct. 26 - YOU BETTER BE READY!

mustang2003football
10-06-2001, 12:00 PM
Here is my take on things in 5-3A. I'm not real sureabout the wylie ballinger game, but i will say this. All i see from reading these messages is WYLIE talking about how good they are. I have heard nothing from ballinger, clyde, merkel or early. I have been watching ballinger very close this year and their QB and TB are both excellent players. Like sweetwater thier defense is nominal with a potential to be much better. We put up 41 points against monahans in the first half the other night and every time our starting offense touched the ball they scored. I believe ballinger has this type of offense as well. They look very strong this year. Wylie i can say this about however. Wylie is nothing like the same team they had last year. They are not nearly as strong and i just dont see how they get off on themselves so easily. We beat big spring by 3 points and we played like crap. if wylie was anything like the team they had last year they would have creamed that big spring team and left no doubt as to who was the best team. last year i do not doubt they were easily better than us but this year i dont aggree. and in my opinion ballinger will finish 2nd in 5-3a with wylie a close third.

victory11
10-06-2001, 02:38 PM
you're dreamin dude...there's no way that Sweetwater is gonna beat Wylie. and you're sayin that not only will Sweetwater beat us, but ballinger also? get real.

whsfan
10-06-2001, 06:32 PM
Okay, Mustangfan it didn't take you long to get back in the thick of the action. Welcome back! Congratulations on the victory last night.

Now, did you knock yourself in the head and go completely stupid? You are badly underestimating Wylie. I guess you think that Wylie played up to their full potential against Big Spring. Not! You better not draw conclusions from point spreads on past games. Of coarse, Wylie doesn't have the same team they had last year. Some portions are better and some aren't. All the Wylie fans will tell you that there is no doubt work left to be done this year. It's yet to be seen if the Wylie team this year can come close to last years results.

Now, last year all we heard was how Sweetwater had this great team with a great QB. They were suppose to dominate 3A. Only problem is Sweetwater just didn't have the athletes to get the job done. Did you find some? You guys way over estimated your team and the Bulldogs severely stomped the Mustangs. That may or may not happen again this year.

I will make you one promise. In three weeks Coach Sandifer and the Dawgs will be in "The Bowl" ready to make believers out of the Sweetwater team and fans. Are you prepared to take a beating in your own house? After the game is over we just don't want to hear excuses like we did last year. The winner has bragging rights for a whole year.

Originally posted by mustang2003football:
Here is my take on things in 5-3A. I'm not real sureabout the wylie ballinger game, but i will say this. All i see from reading these messages is WYLIE talking about how good they are. I have heard nothing from ballinger, clyde, merkel or early. I have been watching ballinger very close this year and their QB and TB are both excellent players. Like sweetwater thier defense is nominal with a potential to be much better. We put up 41 points against monahans in the first half the other night and every time our starting offense touched the ball they scored. I believe ballinger has this type of offense as well. They look very strong this year. Wylie i can say this about however. Wylie is nothing like the same team they had last year. They are not nearly as strong and i just dont see how they get off on themselves so easily. We beat big spring by 3 points and we played like crap. if wylie was anything like the team they had last year they would have creamed that big spring team and left no doubt as to who was the best team. last year i do not doubt they were easily better than us but this year i dont aggree. and in my opinion ballinger will finish 2nd in 5-3a with wylie a close third.

MustangFan03
10-06-2001, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by whsfan:
Okay, Mustangfan it didn't take you long to get back in the thick of the action. Welcome back! Congratulations on the victory last night.

Now, did you knock yourself in the head and go completely stupid? You are badly underestimating Wylie. I guess you think that Wylie played up to their full potential against Big Spring. Not! You better not draw conclusions from point spreads on past games. Of coarse, Wylie doesn't have the same team they had last year. Some portions are better and some aren't. All the Wylie fans will tell you that there is no doubt work left to be done this year. It's yet to be seen if the Wylie team this year can come close to last years results.

Now, last year all we heard was how Sweetwater had this great team with a great QB. They were suppose to dominate 3A. Only problem is Sweetwater just didn't have the athletes to get the job done. Did you find some? You guys way over estimated your team and the Bulldogs severely stomped the Mustangs. That may or may not happen again this year.

I will make you one promise. In three weeks Coach Sandifer and the Dawgs will be in "The Bowl" ready to make believers out of the Sweetwater team and fans. Are you prepared to take a beating in your own house? After the game is over we just don't want to hear excuses like we did last year. The winner has bragging rights for a whole year.

Mustangfan did not say this-Mustang2003football did, he wasn't banned like i was.So he has been in the thick of the action.

Now, I did not say that we had a great team at that time. We started 5 soph. and all but 12 of the rest were juniors last year. We were rebuilding with an 8-4 record,now that aint bad. We knew we would have to play our best game to beat you last year and we didn't.But that was 12 months ago and alot has changed.Our off. system fits our QB (4 tds-235 yds in just the first half)that he is already right at 1,000 yards.If you think he can't throw,you are mistaken.

I don't think we will get beat in our own house either.Wylie can't handle it!
We have more athletes than what you can imagine. Its someone different every friday night.
The reason all you heard was how good we wear, was that is the way your coach plays mind games. Any good coach knows he has to tell his team that the other team is tough or he might not get your teams best performance.Whats he supposed say .I can't remember any one here in Sweetwater saying that we would win the district. But we were saying that we couldn't wait till this year because we have a very good team that everyone has noticed and acknowleged but Wylie! But we get our chance to show Wylie that we are a good team when we play.It will be a great game!Good Luck!!

Gunn08
10-07-2001, 06:47 PM
sweetwater does have a good team. wylie has a great team that will be sweetwater's first wake-up call. last year it was not coach sandifer that built the mustangs up to sound good, it was sweetwater fans and the media. yall are gonna wish yall hadnt been this vocal about your opinions after wylie makes yall look silly in your own house.
01 year of the dogs

MustangFan03
10-07-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Gunn08:
sweetwater does have a good team. wylie has a great team that will be sweetwater's first wake-up call. last year it was not coach sandifer that built the mustangs up to sound good, it was sweetwater fans and the media. yall are gonna wish yall hadnt been this vocal about your opinions after wylie makes yall look silly in your own house.
01 year of the dogs

Its funny how Wylie fans are the only people that believe Wylie is any good at all.You bring it on over to "The Mustang Bowl" and we will show you what it is all about!!! LOL

[This message has been edited by MustangFan03 (edited October 07, 2001).]

whsfan
10-07-2001, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by MustangFan03:

Its funny how Wylie fans are the only people that believe Wylie is any good at all.You bring it on over to "The Mustang Bowl" and we will show you what it is all about!!! LOL

[This message has been edited by MustangFan03 (edited October 07, 2001).]

You just made my point for me. "Wylie fans are the only people that believe Wylie is any good at all". Wylie has a very good team and Sweetwater doesn't respect our team. Sweetwater also has a good team and we know it. Just wait we are coming to your house to put on a show and create some new believers.

deliriousmaniac
10-08-2001, 12:24 AM
Boy, I wish i could attend this game, sounds like the tension pretty high.

rsjmann
10-22-2001, 09:20 AM
me too, i would love to go see the wylie v. sweetwater game, but Midland Greenwood is coming to town(Lamesa) for a district rivalrythatwill match the wylie / sweeth20 game. see wylie in the playoffs. beat'em sweetwater.

rsjmann
10-22-2001, 09:20 AM
me too, i would love to go see the wylie v. sweetwater game, but Midland Greenwood is coming to town(Lamesa) for a district rivalrythatwill match the wylie / sweeth20 game. see wylie in the playoffs. beat'em sweetwater.

coonrage07
10-22-2001, 09:20 PM
MUSTANGFAN you are retarded.Thats all I can say is that you are dumb.

coonrage07
10-22-2001, 09:21 PM
MUSTANGFAN you are retarded.Thats all I can say is that you are dumb.