PDA

View Full Version : Earthquakes in Japan

Farmersfan
03-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Glenn Beck for President!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/14/glenn-beck-japan-earthquake-god_n_835573.html

Bullaholic
03-15-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
Glenn Beck for President!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/14/glenn-beck-japan-earthquake-god_n_835573.html

I agree with the rolling eyes, Farmer. I think it is appalling every time a religious or political leader uses a natural disaster as proof of God's displeasure with us. If you notice it is always those OTHER sinners who earned the Lord's wrath.

Farmersfan
03-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I agree with the rolling eyes, Farmer. I think it is appalling every time a religious or political leader uses a natural disaster as proof of God's displeasure with us. If you notice it is always those OTHER sinners who earned the Lord's wrath.

I agree! And I also believe that IF God was to hand out punishment for things done wrong in this world the worst of it would be given to the very Church that is supposed to be espousing his desires!!!! 75% of the self professed "Christians" on this planet would get a huge lightning bolt through the arse!!!!!!! Glenn Beck would probably be first! :D

waterboy
03-16-2011, 08:30 AM
I blame it on Buddha. He didn't protect them.:D

It's not up to us as people to pass that judgment, so to say something like what Glenn Beck said is inappropriate. The people of Japan are suffering, and need our prayers and physical help, not condemnation.

"Let those of you without sin cast the first stone."

JasperDog94
03-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Beck should do what our president did after this happened....go play golf.:doh:

JasperDog94
03-16-2011, 08:47 AM
I agree! And I also believe that IF God was to hand out punishment for things done wrong in this world the worst of it would be given to the very Church that is supposed to be espousing his desires!!!! 75% of the self professed "Christians" on this planet would get a huge lightning bolt through the arse!!!!!!! Glenn Beck would probably be first! :D True. That's why I'm glad God is a God of mercy.

Farmersfan
03-16-2011, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
True. That's why I'm glad God is a God of mercy.

:confused: :confused:

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-many-has-god-killed-complete-list.html

JasperDog94
03-16-2011, 11:21 AM
:confused: :confused:

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-many-has-god-killed-complete-list.html We live in a fallen world. Just because bad things happen doesn't mean that God caused them to happen. I believe that God has mercy and compassion on us in the midst of bad things. All we have to do is seek His comfort during those times.

Ernest T Bass
03-16-2011, 11:38 AM
But God definitely caused this....

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h467/orangemachine81/photo1.jpg

waterboy
03-16-2011, 01:08 PM
By the way, for those of you who do not know: Glenn Beck is a Mormon -- NOT a Christian, which their church wants to be classified as, even though their teachings are from their books and not Biblical. Just thought I'd throw that out there....:D

Blastoderm55
03-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
By the way, for those of you who do not know: Glenn Beck is a Mormon -- NOT a Christian, which their church wants to be classified as, even though their teachings are from their books and not Biblical. Just thought I'd throw that out there....:D

But the Mormon commercial said the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. Surely its not something made up only within the past century. :confused:

turbostud
03-17-2011, 01:38 AM
If I were Japanese, I would be sticking my head between my legs and kissing my butt goodbye. They got quite a charlie foxtrot on their hands.

Twirling Time
03-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
If I were Japanese, I would be sticking my head between my legs and kissing my butt goodbye. They got quite a charlie foxtrot on their hands.

Don't count them out yet. It's a hell of a mess but if anyone can figure it out, they can.

garciap77
03-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Beck should do what our president did after this happened....go play golf.:doh:

Isn't that what the last few Presidents have done? :doh:

Old Tiger
03-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Surprised he didn't blame Obama for it....

Also surprised no one has tried to kill beck.

Ernest T Bass
03-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Surprised he didn't blame Obama for it....

Also surprised no one has tried to kill beck.

Obama did do it. He used the same machine that Dubya used to make hurricanes. He just changed the settings to "earthquake".

Farmersfan
03-17-2011, 10:36 AM
We live in a fallen world. Just because bad things happen doesn't mean that God caused them to happen. I believe that God has mercy and compassion on us in the midst of bad things. All we have to do is seek His comfort during those times.

Fallen from what?

There cannot be Mercy and Compassion without Indifference and Cruelty!