PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone in Texas had a better run in fotball and basketball the last 10 years

lostaussie
03-12-2011, 02:21 PM
than Tatum? Playing today for another title.

jp744
03-12-2011, 02:28 PM
No really good coaches really good kids and the best facilities in the state. All good ingredients for complete success for the whole program and they are really good in track as well.

NastySlot
03-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Idalou...titles in football and basketball this season is pretty impressive.

LaMarque...short in both football and basketball this season not to bad either.

poisoned10
03-13-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot

2010-2011 DOES NOT = "Last 10 Years"

NastySlot
03-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by poisoned10
2010-2011 DOES NOT = "Last 10 Years"

just assumed he was including this season.........maybe it was playing for another title part.

poisoned10
03-13-2011, 02:57 PM
just assumed he was including this season.........maybe it was playing for another title part.

I guess I worded it wrong.

What I should have said is success in 2010-2011 does not = success over the last 10 years.

The OP stated over the last decade and you just mentioned this year.

wildstangs
03-13-2011, 03:47 PM

Proud for Idalou. One of their bball coaches is taking classes in the same grad. program as me.

Most coaches never win a state title, and the football/bball guys at Idalou win two within 3 months. I'm jealous. I hear their baseball team is pretty stout as well.

Gsquared
03-14-2011, 06:40 AM
Idalou has been one of the most successful 2A programs over the last 10 years in 2A.

Rabid Cougar
03-14-2011, 09:20 AM
Idalou is not only a West Texas Team but a Panhandle Team where the roads only run East/West, and North/ South....
they are most definely NOT supposed to win Championships.... And against an East Texas Basketball team ...

Rabid Cougar
03-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Just learned that there are 3 West Texas State Basketball Champions.

ZERO from East Texas!

WildTexan972
03-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

ZERO from East Texas!

there was 4 I think....Idalou and Paducah boys, and Smyer and Canyon girls....

and 3 of the 4 of those state champs from West Texas played in the Caprock Holiday basketball classic in Lubbock in December.....proof positive if you want to win state, come play in the Classic this December to gauge how your team stacks up early in the season......

Old LB
03-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by WildTexan972
there was 4 I think....Idalou and Paducah boys, and Smyer and Canyon girls....

and 3 of the 4 of those state champs from West Texas played in the Caprock Holiday basketball classic in Lubbock in December.....proof positive if you want to win state, come play in the Classic this December to gauge how your team stacks up early in the season......

Eula boys and Abilene Wylie girls also.

Rabid Cougar
03-14-2011, 11:54 AM
West Texas has long been the territory for girls basketball champions with Canyon, Plainview and Nazareth.

Old Tiger
03-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Ironically most success from West Texas this decade has come from 2a or under.

cowboyandchrist
03-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar

ZERO from East Texas!
Just a side note, one of the best players on the team left for a spring break trip to Aruba after the simi final win, did not play in the championship game. Sad day for the Tatum BB team. May or may not have made a differnece in the game.

Ernest T Bass
03-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by cowboyandchrist
Just a side note, one of the best players on the team left for a spring break trip to Aruba after the simi final win, did not play in the championship game. Sad day for the Tatum BB team. May or may not have made a differnece in the game.

Totally off subject here, but where do most people in Tatum work? Im always curious to know where people in small towns, especially the isolated ones, find employment.

bigwood33
03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
They have a large coal mine near Tatum which is why they have such great facilities. I would imagine that the largest local employer is the mine but it is only 20 miles to Longview so in all likelihood, most folks work there.

Rabid Cougar
03-15-2011, 10:52 AM

Priorities. Must not have been that important.

cowboyandchrist
03-16-2011, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by bigwood33
They have a large coal mine near Tatum which is why they have such great facilities. I would imagine that the largest local employer is the mine but it is only 20 miles to Longview so in all likelihood, most folks work there.
There are two large coal mines just out side the city limits of Tatum.
Sabine mining and Texas utilities, you also have oil and gas drilling going on like crazy. Tatum has state of the art basketball gym, indoor football practice field, outstanding baseball and softball complexs, and ect.

lostaussie
03-16-2011, 07:14 AM
Sabine mining and Texas utilities, you also have oil and gas drilling going on like crazy. Tatum has state of the art basketball gym, indoor football practice field, outstanding baseball and softball complexs, and ect. They are lllllllllloooooaaaaadddddddeeeeeeddd:D

Gsquared
03-16-2011, 07:16 AM
Sabine mining and Texas utilities, you also have oil and gas drilling going on like crazy. Tatum has state of the art basketball gym, indoor football practice field, outstanding baseball and softball complexs, and ect.
I love Tatum's stadium.

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
I love Tatum's stadium.

love everything about it but the video board..bad spot for it IMO

Gsquared
03-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
love everything about it but the video board..bad spot for it IMO
True. Hey, the scenery in the bleachers was nice!!!

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2011, 07:34 AM
True. Hey, the scenery in the bleachers was nice!!!

haha..we saw one of the worst teams..with the best Moms LOL

Gsquared
03-16-2011, 07:38 AM
haha..we saw one of the worst teams..with the best Moms LOL
You got that right. Taking the moms into consideration, I have Sabine on my list of games 7 weeks out of 10 this coming season.

Txbroadcaster
03-16-2011, 07:42 AM
You got that right. Taking the moms into consideration, I have Sabine on my list of games 7 weeks out of 10 this coming season.

heck i am trying to get us to be their broadcast team this year LOL

Gsquared
03-16-2011, 07:44 AM
heck i am trying to get us to be their broadcast team this year LOL
Sweet! If thats the case, im gonna make sure I go to the eye doctor and get new contacts for the season then. Hard to scan the bleachers with one eye.

RoyceTTU
03-16-2011, 08:35 AM

If they are moms you know they are guaranteed to put out:doh: :doh:

Gsquared
03-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
If they are moms you know they are guaranteed to put out:doh: :doh:
Good thinkin!