PDA

View Full Version : Wild Fires, Who all is effected?

GrTigers6
03-11-2011, 04:45 PM
They are evacuating the southwest part of somervell county. I hear wise, jack, and tarrant counties are having problems too. Anyone else?

Bullaholic
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Wise Co. Fires 03/11/11 (http://www.wcmessenger.com/update/)

Twirling Time
03-12-2011, 04:03 AM
The weather radar I use online picked up the smoke from these fires long before they started making news.

The same was true a couple of weeks ago with the last red flag warning, which was quite a bit farther west in Motley County.

LH Panther Mom
03-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Twirling Time
The same was true a couple of weeks ago with the last red flag warning, which was quite a bit farther west in Motley County.
I was thankful that my parents were in Lubbock when all that was going on! And we were also thankful that the fires didn't get as far as their house.

rangerjim60
03-12-2011, 01:42 PM
We had a 275 acre fire on the LBJ Grasslands (Wise Co) that almost got 25 houses. County, state and our federal crews did a great job of saving some high dollar homes. They're out there today and tomorrow buttoning this baby up. kuddos guys - you make me proud!

bigwood33
03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
A couple of weeks ago, our volunteer department went to Denver City for 4 days to fight the West Texas fires. We sure need some good slow, soaking rains all over the state.

Rabid Cougar
03-13-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
They are evacuating the southwest part of somervell county. I hear wise, jack, and tarrant counties are having problems too. Anyone else?

200 houses in "The Oaks" subdivision of Walnut Springs were threatened by wildfire according to Foxnews.com...... :thinking: