PDA

View Full Version : The future looks bright in Burnet

Cam
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Well, at least the athletes are in place for the future. Varsity track boys (with alot of sophs & Jr's) placed first a few weeks ago at the Lake Travis meet. Burnet was the only 3A school there competing against 4 & 5A schools. Who said 3A can't compete with the "big boys"?
But more exciting are the middle schoolers. The 7th grade track team has won 3 straight track meets and scoring over 200 points every time. National track champ & 7th grader Brock Foster just ran an 11.86 100m! Gonna have to start calling him "El Gringo Veryfasto". So, the speed is there and right behind them are the beefiest 6th graders I've ever seen. And it ain't all baby fat. Their dads are some big 6'3" dudes that look like big fluffy pigs now! lol...Only time will tell I guess...but things look promising...

runtowin
03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
fast track kids didn't win district in football. track makes football players better, it doesn't make football players. I've seen many great tracksters that can't play football.

Cam
03-11-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by runtowin
fast track kids didn't win district in football. track makes football players better, it doesn't make football players. I've seen many great tracksters that can't play football.

You're right! In Burnet like in most small towns I would guess, (and Burnet coaches will tell you this), they use track to make their foozball players better. Most of our tracksters are pretty good foozballers....and many of them don't even like track but do it to improve their foozball skills as you say.
Where is Football Heavan anyway? Shouldn't it be "Heaven"?

runtowin
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Just tired of hearing about kids speed in track and how far/high a kid can jump. I get frustrated when those people believe that it means that individual should be starting on the football field. I want to see them hit/block/tackle before they deserve a starting spot. Speed does no good when it is going the wrong way or paralyzed in fear of contact. I hear it hear in "Heaven" too. Nothing personal towards burnet more towards track folks.

shamu85
03-11-2011, 05:52 PM
They have a foozball team in Burnet?:confused:

Bullaholic
03-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Cam
You're right! In Burnet like in most small towns I would guess, (and Burnet coaches will tell you this), they use track to make their foozball players better. Most of our tracksters are pretty good foozballers....and many of them don't even like track but do it to improve their foozball skills as you say.
Where is Football Heavan anyway? Shouldn't it be "Heaven"?

Dollar says R-T-W is from Llano...:D

Cam
03-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by shamu85
They have a foozball team in Burnet?:confused:

Yep!...actually, it's really spelled foosball...and, their leagues don't allow any two-handed spin shots....that's considered cheatin' and has started a fight or two...

runtowin
03-11-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Dollar says R-T-W is from Llano...:D

try again

Old Dog
03-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Cam, thanks for putting up the info on Burnet kids. Although it seemed to irratate one, it was data I had not heard and as a retired old dog I enjoyed it..............