PDA

View Full Version : What were we thinkin'? (or not)

Cam
03-11-2011, 10:44 AM
So, what's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life? Sometimes I wonder how I made it to adulthood.....here's one of my winners:
So, when I was about 12, my 15 year old cousin and I decided to go out into an open field at night and launch arrows straight up into the night sky (he had a pretty decent compound bow). After shootin', we'd scatter in different directions and wait. Suddenly, you'd hear the "thump" of the arrow nearby....I recall one time when the arrow landed about 5 feet from my cousin....geez.....
You may be wonderin', where the hell were the parents? Well, my folks were always off at their second jobs tryin' to make enough money to support the family. Meanwhile, we were over here tryin' to eliminate a member of the family!:doh:

What were you thinkin'??

PPHSfan
03-11-2011, 11:55 AM
In 1977 I rode the rapids for 20 miles on the Truckee River in a one man rubber raft. No paddle, no life jacket, and no shirt or shoes. All I had was a pair of cutoff jeans, a baggie with some pot in it, and five friends around me on the same adventure.

Blastoderm55
03-11-2011, 12:02 PM
One time, I thought it'd be fun to hit a basketball with a baseball bat. And not in the fashion one would hit a baseball. No, it was more of a clubbing. I learned that basketballs bounce, but so do things that hit basketballs. I learned it right in the eye.

rangerjim60
03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
around 15 years old. Went for a ride on the hood of a buddies car around a parking lot at about 25 mph. Of course the slamming of brakes was involved and I did a belly slide onto the pavement - I'll show you the scars on my elbows if you want..........

Farmersfan
03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
I had unprotected sex with the ugliest girl in our high school!!!! :eek: :eek: What was I thinking?

PPHSfan
03-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Farmersfan
I had unprotected sex with the ugliest girl in our high school!!!! :eek: :eek: What was I thinking?

My guess is you were probably thinking that he was a girl. :eek:

Cam
03-11-2011, 12:15 PM

shoot!...that reminded me of the times I had unprotected sex with myself! I couldn't sleep at nights thinkin' I was gonna grow hairs on my palms......I had a shaver at the ready......

Ranger Mom
03-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Me and my cousin rode down Ranger Hill on I-20 on our bicycles when we were 12 or 13. If we would have crashed, we would have died!!

What really SUCKED was having to push our bikes all the way back up when we were done.

We didn't think that plan out very well!!

Farmersfan
03-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
My guess is you were probably thinking that he was a girl. :eek:

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/timbo4225/ohnoyoudidnt.jpg

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Me and my cousin rode down Ranger Hill on I-20 on our bicycles when we were 12 or 13. If we would have crashed, we would have died!!

What really SUCKED was having to push our bikes all the way back up when we were done.

We didn't think that plan out very well!!

That's nuts. :doh:

CenTexSports
03-11-2011, 12:31 PM
One day when I was a senior in HS the chemistry teacher was absent and another student and I talked the biology teacher into letting us do a chemistry experiment for his class. We took a one liter bottle of HCL (it had about 1/4" in the bottom) and we put Na into it. Luckily, the chunck of sodium was too big for the neck of the jar so we cut it down.

When the sodium metal hit the acid; BOOM!. The bottle fell onto the floor (it did not break) hydrochloric acid got all over the ceiling and people's clothes. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and the only casualties were pink and red spots over the teacher's tie and some of the girl's dresses.

The biology teacher was afraid that he would get into trouble so nothing ever was said after the class was over. I have always been glad that noone got hurt.

GrTigers6
03-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Riding in the back of a truck at 80 miles an hour in the bar ditch because the crazy driver didnt think it felt like he was going 80 on the pavement. :doh:
My brother one day drove his truck out on a frozen creek that was about 18 inches deep normally. When they all jumped out of the truck one of them went thru the ice creating a spiderweb effect. in about 3 seconds the whole truck went thru but only to the bumpers. He had KC lights on the grill guard with nice yellow covers on them. They were shredded by the time they drove out of the ice and all of them needed a warm shower:D

coach
03-11-2011, 12:38 PM
3 of my closest friends went down to the ag barn and loaded up some cow crap and threw it all over a teachers brand new truck. we got caught and had to apologize and he threatened to press charges.

Ranger Mom
03-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
That's nuts. :doh:

We just never expected we would be going SO FAST....and cars were honking at us.

I still kinda get a sick feeling every time I travel down it.....stupid stupid stupid!!!!

bobcat1
03-11-2011, 01:36 PM
At lunch one day at school the Coca Cola truck pulled up and we went and stole a case of those hot cokes and drank them like they were the best thing ever. We got caught and had to run with a belly full of hot coke. When we got done Coach Brittain and Coach Gerhardt busted all our tails. I drew Coach Brittain. Man he could swing that paddle.:doh:

Ernest T Bass
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
In HS, we all hated the field maintanace guy. So, we caught a live skunk(not an easy thing to do) and put it under a washtub in the middle of the practice field, knowing that he would be mowing it. So, when he got to the tub in the middle of the field, he had to get off the tractor and move the tub with a very pissed off skunk waiting underneath it.

bobcat1
03-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
In HS, we all hated the field maintanace guy. So, we caught a live skunk(not an easy thing to do) and put it under a washtub in the middle of the practice field, knowing that he would be mowing it. So, when he got to the tub in the middle of the field, he had to get off the tractor and move the tub with a very pissed off skunk waiting underneath it. What a terrible thing to do to the Standaround Sponsor.:D

DDBooger
03-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Drank two minderaser jugs at Louies and jumped off the Booze cruise in South Padre.

jason
03-11-2011, 01:46 PM
i got married

RoyceTTU
03-11-2011, 01:55 PM
I got caught stealing Stephenville yard signs in HS.:doh:

95mustang
03-11-2011, 02:12 PM
In high school my cousin and I drove from Odessa to Andrews around midnight with our head lights off.

Old LB
03-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Jumped in the Colorado River during a flood with a 48 qt cooler full of beer and food (mostly beer). I made it out but I wouldn't do that again.

Farmersfan
03-11-2011, 02:56 PM
After a night of binge drinking some friends and I went around town pushing over street signs with my 69 cutlass. My mom woke me up early the next morning and asked what I had hit. I went out and checked and the whole front end was toast! I had no idea we were doing that kind of damage by pushing over signs. I loved that car! :( :(

bobcat1
03-11-2011, 03:51 PM
After a night of binge drinking some friends and I went around town pushing over street signs with my 69 cutlass. My mom woke me up early the next morning and asked what I had hit. I went out and checked and the whole front end was toast! I had no idea we were doing that kind of damage by pushing over signs. I loved that car! :( :( Thise white plastic reflectors on curves will mutilate one too especially when you do a bunch of them. I didn't do it but I know someone that dai. :D

nobogey72
03-11-2011, 03:54 PM
In high school one day at lunch a girl had brought a little Easter chick or duck or something that was painted pink. Everybody was passing it around and petting it and all that "awwwww how cute" and all that. When it came to me I plucked it's little pink head off. Couple of girls threw up. It was awesome but pretty stupid. Got lots of licks and had to miss a track meet.

Cam
03-11-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
In high school one day at lunch a girl had brought a little Easter chick or duck or something that was painted pink. Everybody was passing it around and petting it and all that "awwwww how cute" and all that. When it came to me I plucked it's little pink head off. Couple of girls threw up. It was awesome but pretty stupid. Got lots of licks and had to miss a track meet.

how brutal! have you by any chance set your cat on fire? lol......

bluecat
03-11-2011, 04:18 PM
My brothers and I had great idea on day around july 4th many years ago.
We trapped a wild feral cat that had been killing some of my dad"s chickens. let"s see, country boys, a wild cat and fireworks, Naturally we found some duct tape, tied the fireworks to it"tail lit it and waited for the Cat to set a new land speed record. It did, never saw a cat run so damned fast in my life, well up until that damned cat turned and ran under the house!! Still remember that beating,Ouch!!:D

Txbroadcaster
03-11-2011, 04:21 PM

uhh wow

coach
03-11-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by jason
i got married

game over...you win this game lol

Txbroadcaster
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by coach
game over...you win this game lol

I got married....twice

coach
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM

LMAO thats freking hilarious...im still laughing

Sweetwater Red
03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
uhh wow

He went to HS with a current Sweetwater coach. When that
coach was asked: Do you know 'nobogey72'? His immediate
response was "That's one crazy ass white boy!". Now I see why
he sad that. :doh:

Cam
03-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by bluecat
We trapped a wild feral cat that had been killing some of my dad"s chickens. let"s see, country boys, a wild cat and fireworks, Naturally we found some duct tape, tied the fireworks to it"tail lit it and waited for the Cat to set a new land speed record. It did, never saw a cat run so damned fast in my life, well up until that damned cat turned and ran under the house!! Still remember that beating,Ouch!!:D

Bluecat, you and nobogey need to hang out! And when you do, invite me along just so I can see what kind of crap ya'll get into!:D

Farmersfan
03-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I got married....twice

Fool me once, shame on you!!!

Fool me twice, shame on me!!!

DDBooger
03-11-2011, 04:44 PM
He went to HS with a current Sweetwater coach. When that
coach was asked: Do you know 'nobogey72'? His immediate
response was "That's one crazy ass white boy!". Now I see why
he sad that. :doh:
Like Lenny from Mice and Men

waterboy
03-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by bluecat
We didn't do that, but we did catch a couple of stray cats, duct taped their tails together and hung them over a clothes line. We also took another cat, poured turpentine all over his butt and lit it with a lighter. Talk about a blue streak!:doh: :D

BaseballUmp
03-11-2011, 05:03 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h81/gothic_stoner/Peta.jpg

AP Panther Fan
03-11-2011, 05:03 PM

:eek: :foul: :foul:

A friend of my son got him pretty good the other night. He was parked somewhere and left. What he didn't know was that his friend had painted in big, bright yellow letters on his back window:

FOR SALE $1500.00
CALL (Son's Cell Phone Number)

He had about three calls before he made it home and realized what was going on. Needless to say, his truck is worth considerably more than 1500.

Blastoderm55
03-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
We didn't do that, but we did catch a couple of stray cats, duct taped their tails together and hung them over a clothes line. We also took another cat, poured turpentine all over his butt and lit it with a lighter. Talk about a blue streak!:doh: :D

My dad and uncle once buried a cat up to its neck, and then gave it a buzz with a lawn mower.

DavidWooderson
03-11-2011, 05:24 PM
When I started thinking about it, my first thought was....WHERE DO I START?

I would say though, would be the Race/Police chase. It was the summer between Sr. Year and First Freshman Year at Tarleton. I had a friend who had a '99 Camaro Z28. My friend liked to drive fast and we did a lot of stupid crap when he drove. His first car was a Honda Civic that could fly, then he wrecked it within 3 weeks of having it. He then had a 1988 Buick granny car that we drove the hell out of. Anything you can think about on country roads and farm to market hwys we did in that car, but when he got the Camaro it was game over. We were going to Hooters in Lewisville, and as we were crossing the Lake Bridge between Lake Dallas and Highland Village when we were cut off by a guy on a crotch rocket. This turned into a race on 35 hitting speeds of OH.....somewhere around 140. This got the cops attention, which a police chase started......we hit a couple of side streets and lost the cops and then hit some country roads and got home. Let's just say I NEVER road in that car again.

nobogey72
03-11-2011, 05:26 PM
one summer a couple of friends and I were going to see how many horny toads we could catch. There's no tellin how many we had. we caught em and kept them in a big tow sack. We didn't know what to do with them but finally decided to open up the back door of this real mean lady that lived down the street and turned them loose in her house. Got my ass whooped for that one too. It was worth it-- she was a mean ol hag.

waterboy
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
My dad and uncle once buried a cat up to its neck, and then gave it a buzz with a lawn mower.
There used to be a grocer in our town that paid my brother to get rid of stray animals. One night I was with him. He coaxed this dog to come to him. When he got close enough, he hit him over the head with a coke bottle. Knocked him out cold.:eek: I thought it was over........but, NO! He toted the dog over to the railroad tracks about a hundred feet away and laid his head over one of the tracks. A few minutes later a train came.:eek:

nobogey72
03-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I almost forgot about this one. We were having one of those late night (early morning) meals at Sambos (which was like a Denny's) and the front of that restraunt was all glass, you could see everyone that was in there. When we finished eating we took a whole big roll of Black Cat firecrackers and stuck them up under the table at our booth with chewing gum, and made a fuse out of a cigarette. Our timing was perfect cause by the time we paid and got out to the car they started going off and it was unbelievable and we had a front row seat. You can't believe how much smoke and little pieces of paper were flying around in there. People were diving under their tables, our waitress who was cleaning off our table when the show started, ran out the door and jumped in a bunch of bushes. We couldn't even drive off we were laughing so hard. It was beautiful.

Coach BS
03-11-2011, 05:36 PM
I had unprotected sex with the ugliest girl in our high school!!!! :eek: :eek: What was I thinking? I bet yall have a beautiful kid, negative plus negative make POSITIVE!!

Cam
03-11-2011, 05:39 PM
one summer a couple of friends and I were going to see how many horny toads we could catch. There's no tellin how many we had. we caught em and kept them in a big tow sack. We didn't know what to do with them but finally decided to open up the back door of this real mean lady that lived down the street and turned them loose in her house. Got my ass whooped for that one too. It was worth it-- she was a mean ol hag.

no wonder they're almost extinct!

Cam
03-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Dang, just thought of another one: We were night fishing down on the coast near Padre. My dad and uncle were out on a peer of an unfinished development. My buddy and I (both 14) weren't catchin' squat so we got bored. Well, we decided to start chunkin' rocks and stuff at the only street lamp that was out there. We were pretty far away and my dad had no clue we were up to no good. He was too busy fishin'. After several minutes and a few close shots, we suddenly heard a very intimidating voice in the dark, "You boys gonna pay for that light after you break it?"......Holy crap it was a security guard! We got caught with stone in hand! Well, I didn't say anything. But my buddy had the nerve to say, "We weren't trying to hit the light officer!".......

bobcat4life
03-11-2011, 06:30 PM
One day me and my buddies decided to play chicken on fourwheelers. We would get about a quarter of a mile away and get going as fast as we could and hope the other bailed. I didnt and neither did my friend and we hit head on. I flipped over him, off the fourwheeler, got thrown about 60 feet, landed in the middle of the street covered in blood. My fourwheeler was still rolling and landed on me once, and busted the gas tank. I was covered in blood and gasoline and my friend was in the ditch with a few small scratches.

Its that or having one person drive around on a fourwheeler with people shooting at him with paintball/airsoft guns. Buddy got hit in the arm, caused him to flip because it jerked his arm in, and he broke his arm. We still kept doing it all day taking turns though lol

I also rode on the hood of a truck at 60 miles an hour last week as a dare.

bobcat1
03-11-2011, 06:36 PM
I never did anything mean to my sisters kittens. I taught one of them to swim. It took a few times going under the irrigation tunnel, but it learned real good. When my brother tried it one more time it didn't come up.

I also didn't stick a shock prod to the butt of a unbroke horse my dad was trying to break. My brother did that too. I let him play with the shock prod right after Dad and the horse busted out of the lot. I sure looked innocent when my Dad came back up there. :D Lex Graham drew a cartoon about that one. He was our neighbor.

We used to speed cats up with a little turpentine on occasion. Funny how you would set them down and then they hit high gear after a tail twitch or two.

Sparrows caught in the hen house were great for hauling regular firecrackers up in the sky at night. :D

PPHSfan
03-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Geez. Some of you guys are some sick bastards. The closest I ever came to animal cruelty was blowing up a locust. And to think some of y'all talk trash about Michael Vick. I bet he never buried a dog and ran over it with a lawn mower. I'm gonna be sick.

Txbroadcaster
03-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Geez. Some of you guys are some sick bastards. The closest I ever came to animal cruelty was blowing up a locust. And to think some of y'all talk trash about Michael Vick. I bet he never buried a dog and ran over it with a lawn mower. I'm gonna be sick.

thank u

BaseballUmp
03-12-2011, 12:43 AM

Word

ccmom
03-12-2011, 02:59 AM
I know "boys will be boys" and I find myself using that phrase often as I am raising my boys BUT...some of these stories are just plain disturbing. :doh:

GrTigers6
03-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by ccmom
I know "boys will be boys" and I find myself using that phrase often as I am raising my boys BUT...some of these stories are just plain disturbing. :doh: LOL i was thinking the same thing.:D

greendawg84
03-12-2011, 09:06 AM
When we were young our town had closed the school down , they always left the gym open for the town to use. Well we decided to make a ramp out of a bench and an old table. We had it set up at the top of the key and were jumping our bikes off of it. One of our buddies went out side to use the bathroom and we moved the ramp up to the free throw line without him knowing. When he comes around hauling butt he jumps and hits the block wall about 3 feet in the air. Knocked out 2 teeth and several stiches . I think I still feel that whooping every time I drive by there....

Same kid same place different day , one of my buddies took his nuts on the front wheel of his bike loose , hits ramp wheel falls off , front flip, broken nose.... yep got hell beat outta me for that one to...

GrTigers6
03-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
One time, I thought it'd be fun to hit a basketball with a baseball bat. And not in the fashion one would hit a baseball. No, it was more of a clubbing. I learned that basketballs bounce, but so do things that hit basketballs. I learned it right in the eye. My youngest son tried that with a volleyball, ended up with a goflball size knot right in the middle of his forehead causing him to miss a peewee football game because his helmet wouldnt fit.:D

Farmersfan
03-14-2011, 07:49 AM
A buddy and I went on a acid induced Zombie killing spree at the local mall one Saturday evening! We probably killed a 100 or so zombies with various modes of death from shotguns to Kaiser blades to the foreheads. Some big ones, some small ones! The funny thing is that I don't remember Zombies ever running away in the movies!!! When the *** wore off we went home and went to bed. Imagine our surprise the next morning when we discovered there really were no such thing as Zombies!!!!!

To this day I still wonder where all that blood came from and why the mall was closed for a couple of weeks?

:eek: :eek: :D

PPHSfan
03-14-2011, 07:54 AM
So you can type the word acid, but you have to use *** for ***? Wow, that's trippin.

PPHSfan
03-14-2011, 07:56 AM
Lucy in the sky with diamonds.

BILLYFRED0000
03-14-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't know where to start...... lookin back I am not sure how I survived.

One of my favorites..... my brother and I were 7 or 8 and we found some live 22 lr.
Well we both had the exact same idea. It was a race. I got to the hammer first being the oldest and he had to settle for a big rock. Needless to say my hammer worked better and on the third bang mine went off. A piece of it went right into my A&&. I jumped around running and my brother just stood there and watched...... He was in front of me BTW... don't know how it missed him.

BILLYFRED0000
03-14-2011, 02:41 PM
However he owed me one.

When I was 6 and he was 5 we had been watching one of those circus movies with the knife thrower and the good looking chick he managed to miss all those times. It looked so cool we had to try it. Didn't have a big knife but we did have a cool 6 inch wooden dart with a 2 inch needle. My brother volunteered to be the target. Luckily I was only 6 and thru it right into his foot instead of something more dangerous.

Ranger Mom
03-14-2011, 02:42 PM
The posts about torturing animals made me physically sick!!

I hope we don't have any serial killers in our midst!!

:eek:

shamu85
03-14-2011, 02:48 PM
My first ever drunk was when I was in eighth grade. Had a friend spend the night, we snuck out of the house and rode our bikes to meet two other friends. One of them knows a way to get into the Catholic church in Sweeny, so he goes in and steals a couple of bottles of church wine. We drink that and stop at another guys house and swig some vodka. One of the guys is so drunk we ride by his house and he falls over in the ditch so we leave him. I'm so drunk I can't stand up straight, throwing up everywhere, so the other guys get a friend that can drive to pick me up and take me home. He sneaks in my house carrying my passed out arse and drops me on the couch and runs.

Amazing that my parents never found out.

TheDOCTORdre
03-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Some of y'all have problems...

As for me the number one is this but its not funny. It was 4th of July and me and my cousins and some friends were having a "good time" Anyways, like most good times involving alcohol, there is usually a turning point. I still cant remember to this day what the argument was about, but my cousin accused me of lying and I told him I swore I wasn't. It was common for us at those times to cause mischief with dry ice, so we had dry ice with us. After swearing I wasn't lying, he told me to swear on the dry ice...this was what I woke up with the next morning

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6558/iceburn.jpg

Bullaholic
03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Sure hope all the animal cruelty stories are tall tales....:(

Sweetwater Red
03-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Sure hope all the animal cruelty stories are tall tales....:(

Honestly I thought the same thing at first. But, they seem to be way too
detailed.

waterboy
03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
One of my other brothers and I saw some horses in a pasture adjacent to the property we lived on. They were obviously unbroken. I guess we were about 9 and 10 (he's a year older). He came up with the idea that we would catch one of the horses and ride it. Off we went to catch us a horse.:doh: We had ran a couple of hundred yards through the unimproved pasture when we came up on a hole in the ground. He was a few feet in front of me even though I could outrun him.:D He jumped the hole and stirred up a cloud of hornets. Not being far behind him, and without enough time to react, I jumped into that cloud of hornets. Needless to say we both got stung numerous times. I must've gotten stung about 8 or 9 times, maybe more. I know I got extremely nauseated and had to go to the emergency room.:doh:

Ranger Mom
03-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Honestly I thought the same thing at first. But, they seem to be way too
detailed.

I agree....and assuming they ARE true, they should lock that memory away and never speak of it again!!

Cam
03-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
The posts about torturing animals made me physically sick!!

I hope we don't have any serial killers in our midst!!

:eek:

I love animals! I love my Kitty Kitty. And yes, that's his name, "Kitty-Kitty"....When I was a kid, I had a raccoon and a bobcat for pets. Heck, right now we even have a dragonfly nymph living in a fishbowl. Feed em mosquito larvae and other goodies. Dragonfly nymphs are amazing to watch. Will attack anything that swims near it. Hopefully, it will turn into a dragonfly soon and we'll let it go.
And, as you know RM, my nickname on the Downlow is Cam, named after my beautiful yellow lab, Cammy, which is short for her real name my little boy gave her: Camouflage (he was real into cammo uniforms/soldiers and stuff when we got her).....