PDA

View Full Version : Allergies

orange machine
03-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Anybody else having bad allergy problems? I woke up this morning and I can't stop sneezing, coughing and have a runny nose I'm sick of it.

coach
03-10-2011, 11:45 PM
me, i am consttantly sneezing and stopped up, i honestly think i have asthama.

Old Dog
03-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Man, they are eatin' me alive..............worst in many years.

j_dog
03-11-2011, 12:14 AM
wonderful Spring time!!!

Old Tiger
03-11-2011, 12:17 AM
I'm on that Charlie Sheen diet nothing can stop me up!

GrTigers6
03-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I had allergy testing done and found out that I'm allergic to 30 of the 32 items tested. So i have been on allergy drops since december. I am still having problems but a lot better than last fall

RoyceTTU
03-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by orange machine
Anybody else having bad allergy problems? I woke up this morning and I can't stop sneezing, coughing and have a runny nose I'm sick of it.

Move it like Berney and you'll feel better :D

zebrablue2
03-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I am about to try the green tea and local honey diet to see if it helps. I spoke to a chef on Wed. that said he has been on it for about a month, and its working wonders...

Ranger Mom
03-11-2011, 08:53 AM
I am extremely fortunate!! Here I live in dusty West Texas and have never suffered from allergies, it sure seems like most everyone around me does though!!

Farmersfan
03-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I had extreme allergy problems for years this time of year. I was always stopped up and suffered from sinus infections and such. Claratin was my best friend. Two years ago I started using the Flonaz(generic version) sinus spray once a day and I have not had a problem since. I had tried this before but didn't stick with it because it doesn't relieve the symptoms once you have the issues. This is a preventative measure. I recommend you get a prescription for Flonaz, go home and use a netie pot really well to clean yourself out and then start using the Flonaz every single morning without fail. You will be amazed at how quickly your allergy sinus symptoms will go away.
NOTE: I still have some problems with allergy symptoms in my eyes with the watering and redness but not near as bad as it use to be.

bobcat1
03-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Pansies!

44INAROW
03-11-2011, 09:24 AM
only real problem with allergies I have is constant watering eyes.. It is very frustrating :(

Cam
03-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Keep the ol' noggin clean by syringing with warm water & a pinch of salt. First recommended to me many years ago by ENT doc in Dallas. I rarely have issues and haven't had a sinus infection or cold in years. (and you're talkin' bout a guy who went thru sinus surgery for polyp removal caused by allergies) It's a little hard getting used to squirting water up your nostrils. Best if you do it in the shower. Whatever is up there, will come out! Including those little pollen devils... Of course, if you're in the shower with your spouse/mate, it might ruin any romantic opportunities!!!:D

GrTigers6
03-11-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
only real problem with allergies I have is constant watering eyes.. I is very frustrating :( Well stop crying :D

44INAROW
03-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by GrTigers6
Well stop crying :D
I am constantly saying "I am not crying, really" lol......... it should be a barrel of laughs on the 24th and 26th for Gobbler relays - trying to time on the timing stand with my eyes, totally watering :doh:

GrTigers6
03-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am constantly saying "I am not crying, really" lol......... it should be a barrel of laughs on the 24th and 26th for Gobbler relays - trying to time on the timing stand with my eyes, totally watering :doh: I know the feeling, I alays get asked why I am crying. I'm like its my allergies. really :D

orange machine
03-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Cant you get an allergy shot? I'm about game for anything at this point. Cant breath at night and have to sleep with my mouth open to breath then wake up with a sore throat. My cough is getting worse aswell as sneezing. Oh and when I'm awake not lying down my nose is like an open water faucet .:mad:

GrTigers6
03-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Cant you get an allergy shot? I'm about game for anything at this point. Cant breath at night and have to sleep with my mouth open to breath then wake up with a sore throat. My cough is getting worse aswell as sneezing. Oh and when I'm awake not lying down my nose is like an open water faucet .:mad: Yeah you can but I didnt want to have to go back to dr evry week plus drops gives me a dose a day instead of a large dose that lasts a week and could cause an allergic reaction

Farmersfan
03-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Cant you get an allergy shot? I'm about game for anything at this point. Cant breath at night and have to sleep with my mouth open to breath then wake up with a sore throat. My cough is getting worse aswell as sneezing. Oh and when I'm awake not lying down my nose is like an open water faucet .:mad:

How are the allergies doing? Have you tried using the saline solution to wash out your sinuses? If you can get that warm salty solution up there I quarantee EVERYTHING will be washed out. At least for a while you get some relief. Ask your doctor about the Flonaz spray.

DDBooger
03-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Had bad allergies in San Marcos. Not so much up here in Okie land.

orange machine
03-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Allergies seem to be getting a little better. I still have alot of green slimer, but the sneezing and coughing are not near as bad.

BaseballUmp
03-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm allergic to failure

Yoe_09
03-15-2011, 01:24 AM
I have never had allergies my whole life but this year I have been sneezing quite a bit the last few weeks.

Old Tiger
03-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Yoe_09
I have never had allergies my whole life but this year I have been sneezing quite a bit the last few weeks. I find that hard to believe

Yoe_09
03-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
I find that hard to believe

Why so?