PDA

View Full Version : s66 update

sinton66
03-10-2011, 03:53 PM
I had a pretty rough weekend but am doing much better now. Sometime Saturday evening, I could not breathe. I started to panic and that made it worse. Fortunately I had sense enough to call 911 and take an ambulance to the hospital. I spent tthree days in ICU diagnosed with congestive heart failure. My lungs had filled with fluid to the point I could not get any air and that caused a small heart attack according to the doctors.

I finally was released from the hospital last night around midnight and am home resting and relaxing. My wife came up to stay with me and keep an eye on me for a while.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and please, keep them coming. I'm not sure what happens from here, but we'll just take it one day at a time and see what happens.

MUSTANG69
03-10-2011, 04:02 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

bobcat1
03-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Steady praying for you Tony. Take it easy.

PPHSfan
03-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Hang in there T. Remember your mind can be your best friend or your worst enemy. Think Positve and try not to ever let panic rule your body. Be smart, but keep your cool. Cool is good.

Phil C
03-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Still praying Tony and take care.

GrTigers6
03-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Good to hear, Hope you continue to get better

SintonFan
03-10-2011, 05:06 PM
We're praying that you continue to get better, Tony.:)

44INAROW
03-10-2011, 05:29 PM
So glad you posted an update. Continued prayers for you Tony! Glad your wife is there for a while.. :)

MustangFootball
03-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I keep sending prayers from ingleside, get better neighbor.:)

AP Panther Fan
03-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Think Positve and try not to ever let panic rule your body. Be smart, but keep your cool. Cool is good.

They also make a small pill to help with this if needed. ;)

'66 ... I am so glad you are home, taking it easy and feeling better! And thank you for the update....as you can see, you have been on our minds and in our hearts!

Tx Challenge
03-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the update Tony...Hang in there!

sinton66
03-10-2011, 07:37 PM
I did get some good news. I saw my oncologist while in the hospital and he said the hormone treatments are working exactly as he expected. and my PSA number is way down from where it was which means the tumor is responding. I got my second hormone injection in the hospital and have my second infusion scheduled for Monday at the oncologist's office.

zebrablue2
03-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I did get some good news. I saw my oncologist while in the hospital and he said the hormone treatments are working exactly as he expected. and my PSA number is way down from where it was which means the tumor is responding. I got my second hormone injection in the hospital and have my second infusion scheduled for Monday at the oncologist's office.

Great to hear from you 66! Still throwing in those polish prayers, so things will be on the upswing from here! Prayers said and , AWAY!!!!

Bullaholic
03-10-2011, 08:15 PM
My prayers and thoughts are with you, Tony. One more hurdle cleared and behind you---hope there is some blue sky ahead for you, my friend. Keep your spirits up and your anxiety down. Hope we can bring a smile to your face every now and then when you read the board. Godspeed....

SintonFan
03-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
My prayers and thoughts are with you, Tony. One more hurdle cleared and behind you---hope there is some blue sky ahead for you, my friend. Keep your spirits up and your anxiety down. Hope we can bring a smile to your face every now and then when you read the board. Godspeed....

X2!:clap: :)

1st and goal
I'm glad too you called 911. I think I would hesitate too long cuz I'm such a poor tightwad.:(
Also glad to hear good news from your oncologist. Will be praying for you here in Giddings!

garciap77
I'm glad you're doing better. Welcome back!!!

griff
03-10-2011, 10:45 PM
I had a pretty rough weekend but am doing much better now. Sometime Saturday evening, I could not breathe. I started to panic and that made it worse. Fortunately I had sense enough to call 911 and take an ambulance to the hospital. I spent tthree days in ICU diagnosed with congestive heart failure. My lungs had filled with fluid to the point I could not get any air and that caused a small heart attack according to the doctors.

I finally was released from the hospital last night around midnight and am home resting and relaxing. My wife came up to stay with me and keep an eye on me for a while.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts and please, keep them coming. I'm not sure what happens from here, but we'll just take it one day at a time and see what happens.

66, in critical moments like this, aren't you glad you're not an atheist?

Wishing you good health and God's peace.

coach
03-10-2011, 11:09 PM
prayers sent.

atleast you have basketball to watch on tv

LionFan72
03-11-2011, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear of your recent scare, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and very glad to to see results from oncology! Hang in there good buddy, the power of prayer is awesome, I think the "Family" is all in your corner on bended knees, Godspeed my man, thinking about you!

bobcat1
03-11-2011, 11:17 AM
I did get some good news. I saw my oncologist while in the hospital and he said the hormone treatments are working exactly as he expected. and my PSA number is way down from where it was which means the tumor is responding. I got my second hormone injection in the hospital and have my second infusion scheduled for Monday at the oncologist's office. I missed this until today. AWESOME! Thanks to God for answering our prayers. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: