lv2937
03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Brownwood 9 Comanche 0 Burnet 8 Lampasas 1

lv2937
03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Waco Robinson 18 Comanchae 0 Burnet 4 Brownwood 3

lv2937
03-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Lampsasa over Comhance didnt get the score. Waco Robinson 20 Cohoma 1 in 4th inning

lv2937
03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Waco Robinson 4 Brownwood 1 Brownwood loses 3 out of 5 games in the tournement. Lampasas 14 Burnet 6. Lampasasa wins 1st Burnet 2nd Waco 3rd Brownwood 4th.

BaseballUmp
03-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but how did Robinson get 3rd when I don't see a loss for them?

NastySlot
03-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Maybe I'm not reading this right, but how did Robinson get 3rd when I don't see a loss for them?

and didn't Lampassas and Burnet split games?

Roc96
03-12-2011, 10:24 PM

I'm thinking the same thing.

ccmom
03-13-2011, 10:44 AM

I was going to ask the same thing. Does Lampassas get to win because they hosted the tourney? :thinking: ;)

lv2937
03-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Robinson droped out. They didnt play their last game.Lampasas beat Robinson Friday night. Was a 3 way tie going into bracket play. They went by how many points you scored to seed you. Lamp sored the most so they were seeded #1. Burnet #2 so these two teams played for the championship. My opion Brownwood should of got 3rd since Robinson would not play them in bracket play.

Coach BS
03-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Who were the other teams at the tourney? Looks like Robinson put up 38 in just the 2 games you have scores for, If they were seeded by points what were some of the other scores?

Coach BS
03-14-2011, 08:00 AM
My bad looks like 42 runs in 3 wins. 3rd place?? Maybe they pulled out of the tourney to go play some competition

lv2937
03-14-2011, 05:43 PM
They pulled out because they got the butt kicked by
lampassa. They beat burnet 2 to 1 on 3 errors by burnet.they score all their runs against a 1a and 2a school that a good jv team in 3a could beat. iknow burnets jv team could beat those 2 school.

FB-fanatic
03-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Erwin moved over from Lorena to coach at Lampasas. Looks like things are going pretty good there. How common is it for a team to bail in the middle of a HS tourney? Maybe 'ole Robinson didn't like getting kicked by an ex-Leopard...

NastySlot
03-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
They pulled out because they got the butt kicked by
lampassa. They beat burnet 2 to 1 on 3 errors by burnet.they score all their runs against a 1a and 2a school that a good jv team in 3a could beat. iknow burnets jv team could beat those 2 school.

is coahoma....really down? They are a class 2A power that usually takes on all comers and wins regardless of class.

my first thought was that a 2A school in big school tourney with kids missing for spring break.........that was just a guess. Coahoma plays fastpitch and usually plays it well.

ccmom
03-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by FB-fanatic
Erwin moved over from Lorena to coach at Lampasas. Looks like things are going pretty good there. How common is it for a team to bail in the middle of a HS tourney? Maybe 'ole Robinson didn't like getting kicked by an ex-Leopard...

Bowie did the same thing in the Graham tourney over the weekend. They didn't tell anyone and just didn't show for the 4pm game vs Wylie. The Graham coach fielded his team in their place so our girls still got a game in.

lv2937
03-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
is coahoma....really down? They are a class 2A power that usually takes on all comers and wins regardless of class.

my first thought was that a 2A school in big school tourney with kids missing for spring break.........that was just a guess. Coahoma plays fastpitch and usually plays it well. i was talking to a guy frm coahoma, he said they had 4 freshman 4 soph, and one senior on the starting team. both of their pitchers were freshman. one was fair and the other one was a slow pitch type pitcher. everyone was teaing off on her.think she gave up like 5 homeruns. all were helped out by the wind and short fence.

NastySlot
03-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by lv2937
i was talking to a guy frm coahoma, he said they had 4 freshman 4 soph, and one senior on the starting team. both of their pitchers were freshman. one was fair and the other one was a slow pitch type pitcher. everyone was teaing off on her.think she gave up like 5 homeruns. all were helped out by the wind and short fence.

Thanks for the info. I have buddy that coaches at a 2A school and this year they are back in Region I...Coahoma and Early have given his squads trouble in the past...this season he has a really solid group....maybe he has a shot.

Coach BS
03-16-2011, 09:11 AM

my first thought was that a 2A school in big school tourney with kids missing for spring break.........that was just a guess. Coahoma plays fastpitch and usually plays it well. Who misses for spring break??

NastySlot
03-18-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Coach BS
Who misses for spring break??

really?.............those small town churches are famous for scheduling ski trips during the breaks.

Coach BS
03-18-2011, 03:52 PM
really?.............those small town churches are famous for scheduling ski trips during the breaks. yes really, thats fine for the kids that don't play softball/baseball. You know going in that a student athelete has to make sacrafices and a vacation during the peak of a sports season is one of those.