PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed in WC

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 12:39 PM
A girl that I went to Hs with, and a girl that many people on 3adl know, Kate Kelley, got in a wreck last night at 3am. She crashed into a tree and both her and her friend were life flighted to memorial herman in houston.

She's currently having surgery and they are trying to save her legs. I'm told her upper body should be fine. Regardless, this girl and her friend need all the prayers they can get. She's only 19 y/o. :(

Ranger Mom
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
A girl that I went to Hs with, and a girl that many people on 3adl know, Kate Kelley, got in a wreck last night at 3am. She crashed into a tree and both her and her friend were life flighted to memorial herman in houston.

She's currently having surgery and they are trying to save her legs. I'm told her upper body should be fine. Regardless, this girl and her friend need all the prayers they can get. She's only 19 y/o. :(

That is terrible!! Prayers for her and the friend...any idea how the other girl is doing?

WestTxschwab
03-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I got her in my prayers out here in the oil patch.

GrTigers6
03-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Prayers from Glen Rose

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That is terrible!! Prayers for her and the friend...any idea how the other girl is doing? the only thing I know regarding the other girl is "she's doing better than kate."

Kate's legs were crushed in the wreck and she's currently in surgery.

Phil C
03-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Prayers from Sinton that both girls have a complete recovery.

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
The friend's name is Chelsey Bridwell. Please pray for both of them.

bobcat1
03-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Prayers said for both.

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM
I just heard "kate now has a pulse in her feet."

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but I'm assuming it's good news.

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
UPDATE:

'Here is a recent of update from Kevin Stedman...Kate's uncle

Kate is still in surgery. They have attached her legs with pins somehow to the outside of her body. Not really sure I understand that, but he said there will need to be lots of reconstructive surgery. They are going to go ahead and open her abdomen up and check her colon, bladder, etc for any possible damage. She will be in surgery for another 3-4 hours.'

Ranger Mom
03-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
UPDATE:

'Here is a recent of update from Kevin Stedman...Kate's uncle

Kate is still in surgery. They have attached her legs with pins somehow to the outside of her body. Not really sure I understand that, but he said there will need to be lots of reconstructive surgery. They are going to go ahead and open her abdomen up and check her colon, bladder, etc for any possible damage. She will be in surgery for another 3-4 hours.'

Wow!! She has a long road ahead of her.

Pudlugger
03-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Prayers from La Grange for a full recovery.

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 02:45 PM
The friend has a broken elbow only from what I've heard, but Kate is still in a critical condition. Please continue to pray for her.

44INAROW
03-10-2011, 03:20 PM
prayers - sounds like she has a good team of doctors working on her. the pulse in her feet is a good sign...

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Kate is finally out of surgery. The surgery went pretty well. They found a slight problem with her bladder, which they've fixed. She'll be in ICU for the foreseeable future where she'll be heavily sedated. Keep the prayers coming.

Tx Challenge
03-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Prayers from L.A. for a speedy recovery

Phil C
03-10-2011, 07:27 PM
The encouraging thing is that the doctors can do a lot of things that they couldn't even five years ago. I had a friend that had a bad injury to his arm in a wreck and they wanted to amputate it and he said no. It was a long recovery but with several operations but he recovered and had the use of his arm. This was in the late 60s and technology is much better now. There is lots of work to be done but they can do it. Prayers from Sinton that it works out well for both girls.

SHSBulldog00
03-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Prayers from Sweeny.... Keeping a close eye on this...

SINTON81
03-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Prayers from Sinton.

Saggy Aggie
03-13-2011, 10:51 AM
Kate is doing much better. She's conscious, and they've taken the breathing tube out. She's now talking and communicating with people. She's had another surgery to try to repair her legs some more and they've also found out that she has a broken jaw, but that's minor in the grand scheme of things. As a whole, she's improved drastically and is continuing to improve everyday. So, thanks downlow family. :)

SHSBulldog00
03-13-2011, 11:50 AM
That's great news!!!! Please keep us updated on her recovery.