PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale RB commits to OU

87 TIGER
03-10-2011, 09:28 AM
RB Daniel Brooks to become a sooner, was offered last week and gave a verbal yesterday. Great kid and well deserving congrats !!

DavidWooderson
03-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Uuugggghhhh.....I hate it when Texas kids go to the Dark Side!

87 TIGER
03-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I agree, but there were no offers from within Texas all of them out of state. I'm sure he will get offers now from Texas, A&M, Tech, ....

WestTxschwab
03-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Na, the offers are being held on for some other targets that the Texas schools are labeling as the "better running backs". This is a testament to the great athletes in this state. Congrats to him, any scholarship to any institution of higher learning is quite an accomplishment.

Old Tiger
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
He should win the 110s at state this year.

trojandad
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
He should win the 110s at state this year.

is he that fast? and has ou offered him a ride or is it a conditional offer?

87 TIGER
03-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
is he that fast? and has ou offered him a ride or is it a conditional offer? Full Ride and I hear the RB from Brookshire Royal is also going to OU

87 TIGER
03-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by WestTxschwab
Na, the offers are being held on for some other targets that the Texas schools are labeling as the "better running backs". This is a testament to the great athletes in this state. Congrats to him, any scholarship to any institution of higher learning is quite an accomplishment. Thats funny you say that Looks like TCU and Tech are now interested. He is going to visit Tech 26th of march.Trust me he will plenty of offers now that OU has offered.

1st and goal
03-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm glad for most any kid that gets a scholarship. I just wish our athletes would stay home too. Whenever they play on TV, the dark side schools rosters look like the whos who of Texas athletes...:mad:

buffalo2006
03-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Good for him, but I'm going to be honest. He was an above average back in the game I watched against Giddings. Running behind Clark didn't hurt either. I've always questioned this about Rockdale, why do they have all these college prospects and players, but they never dominate 3A football? I mean usually if you can put 4 college athletes on a high school field you schould be able to point them out quickly, Clark was the only one I noticed, except for the youngest David. Derek was not impressive to me compared to his brother and again with it being a 3A game he should have dominated

Old Tiger
03-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
is he that fast? and has ou offered him a ride or is it a conditional offer? finished 5th last year and tripped over last hurdle still managed to run 15.14 while finishing 6th as a sophomore.

He's timed consistently in the 14s

his dad still holds the 3a record in the 300 hurdles with a 36.44

BaseballUmp
03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by buffalo2006
Good for him, but I'm going to be honest. He was an above average back in the game I watched against Giddings. Running behind Clark didn't hurt either. I've always questioned this about Rockdale, why do they have all these college prospects and players, but they never dominate 3A football? I mean usually if you can put 4 college athletes on a high school field you schould be able to point them out quickly, Clark was the only one I noticed, except for the youngest David. Derek was not impressive to me compared to his brother and again with it being a 3A game he should have dominated

Rockdale connections...

bobcat4life
03-11-2011, 12:45 AM
Good for him, but I'm going to be honest. He was an above average back in the game I watched against Giddings. Running behind Clark didn't hurt either. I've always questioned this about Rockdale, why do they have all these college prospects and players, but they never dominate 3A football? I mean usually if you can put 4 college athletes on a high school field you schould be able to point them out quickly, Clark was the only one I noticed, except for the youngest David. Derek was not impressive to me compared to his brother and again with it being a 3A game he should have dominated Its the Brownwood effect :D

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2011, 05:50 AM

BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BEAT CAMERON!

Coach BS
03-11-2011, 08:42 AM
My hat goes off to the AD at Rockdale seams like he works really hard to get his kids scholarships. I know he has lots of connections at the college level.

Unlike Cameron who goes to the state championship, beats Rockdale and Navasota they don't have any kid going to a major college, the QB had great #'s and is going to try and walk on at A&M.

RoyceTTU
03-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Another reason why some kids don't get offered is because college coachs want the student to switch positions. Based upon that reaction alone the school will hold the offer and see how other recruits pan out and circle back later.

Keep in mind that in HS, the level of athletes as a whole are much lower, so any smart HS coach puts his best athletes in pos like RB, QB or positions that will make the most effect on the scoreboard....even though they really might be better suited as S,CB,LB etc....

Also it is very early.

87 TIGER
03-11-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Rockdale connections... ?? what?

loaded
03-11-2011, 11:30 AM
"all these prospects and players"? One in '04 to Missouri. '08 to Rice, '10 to Tech and Brooks in '11. 4 in 8 years? Anyway, you have to remember that a team's succes does not depend on how good their best 4-5 players are but it depends on how bad their worst 4-5 starters are. It is real easy to not have a great team while still have some great players. Adrian Peterson senior year was 3-7. Chris Whaley was 2-8.

Old Tiger
03-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by loaded
"all these prospects and players"? One in '04 to Missouri. '08 to Rice, '10 to Tech and Brooks in '11. 4 in 8 years? Anyway, you have to remember that a team's succes does not depend on how good their best 4-5 players are but it depends on how bad their worst 4-5 starters are. It is real easy to not have a great team while still have some great players. Adrian Peterson senior year was 3-7. Chris Whaley was 2-8.

Joe Sanders '10 - Midwestern State University
Logan David '10 - A&M
Derek David '12 - Texas Tech
Le'Raven Clark '11 - Texas Tech
Daniel Brooks '12 - OUsux
James David - '14

They also had Tyler Wright who was at Granbury this year and but played at Rockdale the previous 2 years. I think he is going to play football at Tarleton he is class of '11 as well.

James was first team all-district as a freshmen and IMO he is more talented than his brother who is currently ranked #17 on the Lone Star rankings for the 2012 class.

loaded
03-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I guess you are right. I was thinking Division I. Only four DI in last 8 years. Midwestern and Tarleton and Blinn are not DI. Anyway, they are all really good players.

Old Tiger
03-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I guess you are right. I was thinking Division I. Only four DI in last 8 years. Midwestern and Tarleton and Blinn are not DI. Anyway, they are all really good players. Logan is going to A&M this year on a schollie.

eagles_victory
03-11-2011, 08:04 PM
. Adrian Peterson senior year was 3-7. No they weren't

DavidWooderson
03-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
Uuugggghhhh.....I hate it when Texas kids go to the Dark Side!

I'm sure SMU, North Texas, Rice, Houston or UTEP would love to have him. BUT of course no one wants to go and play there.

BaseballUmp
03-12-2011, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
?? what?

Just saying I don't see how some kids in Rockdale get so many awards and offers...not saying most don't deserve them, but i remember when I was in high school and rockdale didn't have a good year but still had people make all state...then again we had someone get all state and I didnt think he was very good either

Johnny Utah
03-12-2011, 03:48 AM
Love me some Rockdale tigers but let's make some playoffs and win some playoff games along with all these d1 kids!!