PDA

View Full Version : spoke with craig james tonight....

trojandad
03-10-2011, 12:49 AM
he spoke at a positive attitude gathering tonight at a&m.....spoke with him afterward and he's still adamant (no pun intended) on leach....he simply says the second time was the straw that broke the camel's back since they told him they didn't want him taken to a shed if it happened again, dark place or not....they feel leach was daring them and he took the dare.....

if leach had sent my son to a shed again after me asking him to never do that again for a concussion, i wouldnt have gotten leach fired, i would have sent him to the dentist for new teeth to practice law with, but then thats me....

maybe he was calling coaches and all (didn't admit to that) but i try to think what i would have done as a dad and i don't see too many options except taking him out of school......sure seems like that would be teaching a kid to run instead of stand his ground......tough choice......

Rabid Cougar
03-10-2011, 06:28 AM
I agree with all that you 've said.

I just don't understand how Craig James could be hired to to speak at a Forum at Aggieland. That in of itself is stupid.

LH Panther Mom
03-10-2011, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I just don't understand how Craig James could be hired to to speak at a Forum at Aggieland. That in of itself is stupid.
It's because there were no available speaking engagements at TTU. ;)

trojandad
03-10-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Rabid Cougar
I agree with all that you 've said.

he was one of 3 speakers in a "tell your story" project (tellyourstory.tamu.edu if you want to see the highlights) and i was wondering the same thing when i arrived but then he mentioned he was thinking about a senate run so then i understood that he's practicing his stump speeches....

but when i talked to him after the speech (he was a freshman at smu the year i started my graduate work there so he and i had only met a few times before) and he told me his daughter graduated from a&m and told me of items at a&m that had his money without his advertising it, so he said he feels close to a&m....i asked "closer than to tech?"....he laughed....

his speech also enlightened me about why he is so entrenched at espn....his personal company actually trains most of the athlete commentators and broadcasters that espn, fox, etc employs since back in the 90's....i sure didn't know but it would help to explain why espn went to the mat so hard for him during that time, especially when considering they have such a short fuse for others there....

trojandad
03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It's because there were no available speaking engagements at TTU. ;)

and THAT was a good one, mom....:D

RoyceTTU
03-10-2011, 09:06 AM
I'm going to take the high road because I have a lot of work to do today so all I'll just say, I wish him the best;)

trojandad
03-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
I'm going to take the high road because I have a lot of work to do today so all I'll just say, I wish him the best;)

a man of character you are, sir.....hope this doesn't start something, but......

i knew james from school, he was arrogant, believing his stratford team was the best ever, yaddee yah.....when this all came down i sided with leach completely, i could see james going overboard about his kid....

but when leach went on espn and dissed the kid personally, that just seemed like a line he shouldnt have crossed, even if he was comletely innocent in the deal....it was the first inkling i had that there might be really something to it....the kid should have been off limits in public talk.....at least i think so....

Aesculus gilmus
03-11-2011, 07:44 AM
I can never get used to people calling grown men "kids."

When I was growing up, at the age of 18 we were considered adults and didn't even really want to be referred to as "kids" anymore, if we had ANY self-respect at all.

Back then, when you turned 18, you were officially and legally an adult in every way. This seems to have slipped back to around age 30. I even have heard a few NFL coaches refer to their "kids."

Rabid Cougar
03-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Lots of 18- 20 year olds over here being shot at and killing the enemy. I would call them men and women.

Its amazing that the "kids"/soldiers over here are the same age as these college athletes that seem so entitled and arrogant. ...just because of a game. Most could not hold these soldier's jocks.

trojandad
03-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
I can never get used to people calling grown men "kids."

When I was growing up, at the age of 18 we were considered adults and didn't even really want to be referred to as "kids" anymore, if we had ANY self-respect at all.

Back then, when you turned 18, you were officially and legally an adult in every way. This seems to have slipped back to around age 30. I even have heard a few NFL coaches refer to their "kids."

well, first, i stand corrected, the word i should have used was "sons" or "students".....having made my amends, i couldn't disagree with you more about an age necessarily signifying adulthood.....if i had a nickel for every 50+ year old "kid" i know i'd be a wealthy man.....age doesn't indicate an adult anymore than having a you know what indicates necessarily being a man.....

maybe it's like using the word "honey" with a female.....some people truly use it as a form of endearment and not in a flirtatious way, it's just the drunk guys at the bar have ruined that word for many ladies.....most coaches i know that call their players "kids" would also take a bullet for them, so disrespect isn't even in their minds when they use it....

but having corrected my word, its amazing the word "kid" was the primary concern that was taken from that post......LOL

and as for the soldiers, i call them sir, they've earned it, even if they're 12.......