PDA

View Full Version : 5'11" DIII kid can throw it down!!

Third
03-09-2011, 02:02 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Viral-video-could-land-Division-III-player-in-du?urn=ncaab-wp65

There's some impressive dunks in there. :eek:

BEAST
03-09-2011, 02:25 PM
Who says white men cant jump!!!

BEAST

trojandad
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
great athlete and dunks.....but the math doesn't work.....almost 6' tall would give him a reach of over 7', add in a supposed 50" vertical would put his hand well over a foot above the rim, and those numbers are conservative......not seeing him that far over the rim........but he can bounce higher than i ever could........

Emerson1
03-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by trojandad
great athlete and dunks.....but the math doesn't work.....almost 6' tall would give him a reach of over 7', add in a supposed 50" vertical would put his hand well over a foot above the rim, and those numbers are conservative......not seeing him that far over the rim........but he can bounce higher than i ever could........
He isn't jumping straight up. He is having to go horizontal too so he can't get 50 inches in the air and travel multiple feet.

Saggy Aggie
03-09-2011, 03:29 PM
Dude has some serious hops. I played against a white guy in an intramural game who was like 5'10 and dunked in the game, but it wasn't near as easy for that guy at it is for this one.

Third
03-09-2011, 04:05 PM
That dunk over the three guys and the one where he brings it behind his back were absolutely sick! He's got serious elevation.

hollywood
03-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Impressive.

I was 5'11.5" in high school and could dunk a volleyball. :D

trojandad
03-10-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
He isn't jumping straight up. He is having to go horizontal too so he can't get 50 inches in the air and travel multiple feet.

yea, but anyone thats ever dunked knows you go higher with a running start and you have to travel horizontally some to get higher.....if he's achieving 50" he's not doing it from a completely vertical, standing jump....

i think the kid is great, tho, its just that people today throw around vertical leaps like candy.....i watched david thompson play two games in person and his vertical was supposedly 48" and he'd snatch $100 bills off the top of the backboard, and he only had 5" on this guy.....his leap is great, just not seeing his feet over 4' off the ground.....go watch some of thompsons old tapes and watch his height, even while traveliing horizontally.....lol

t-bag31
03-10-2011, 10:32 AM
THATS CRAZY! WHITE BOYS CAN JUMP!