PDA

View Full Version : Giddings AD job opening

Dogman_1969
03-08-2011, 07:40 PM
If the rumors are true then who will Giddings target as their new head coach?

I bet they get lots of interest. Great facilities, athletes and support from the community. Look for them to target someone with hc experience.

Stay tuned......

BOCEPHUS
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
who ever it be will have to kiss the supt. arse and couiple of board members arse, community locals.....nagrom, strebor. couopole of more that i be too drunk to be a spelln bassackwards in piglatin

will have one of them thar site based committees.............from the back alley

will b fun to watch...they got what they wanted,,,,now what they gonna do with it!!!!!!!??????????????

FACILITIES DONT WIN GAMES....08 GIDDINGS HAS DUMP FER FACILITIES... WENT TO SEMIS'

lulu
03-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Pine Tree Has dump like facilities too. school is within 2 miles from my home.

hookandladder
03-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by BOCEPHUS
who ever it be will have to kiss the supt. arse and couiple of board members arse, community locals.....nagrom, strebor. couopole of more that i be too drunk to be a spelln bassackwards in piglatin

will have one of them thar site based committees.............from the back alley

will b fun to watch...they got what they wanted,,,,now what they gonna do with it!!!!!!!??????????????

FACILITIES DONT WIN GAMES....08 GIDDINGS HAS DUMP FER FACILITIES... WENT TO SEMIS'

Tell us how you really feel, wow.

Milk That Cow
03-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
If the rumors are true then who will Giddings target as their new head coach?

I bet they get lots of interest. Great facilities, athletes and support from the community. Look for them to target someone with hc experience.

Stay tuned......

If what rumors are true? Are you hearing a Name(s) on who the next coach is?

XMan
03-09-2011, 12:17 AM
Im betting there are at least several really happy folks in Giddings right now.

BOCEPHUS
03-09-2011, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Tell us how you really feel, wow.

HOW I FELLZ NO MAKE A DAM, BUT U BE FEEL'IN REAL GOOD, OLD FITZ DUN SPANKED THEM LEPARDS BOUT 8 YEAR IN A ROW....NOW MAYBE U GOTZ A CHANCE.....THEY HIRE THE RIGHT GUY, SPOTTTED ASS CATS HAVE A CHANCE

Saggy Aggie
03-09-2011, 03:16 AM
SPOTTED ASS CATS lmao

hookandladder
03-09-2011, 06:59 AM
HOW I FELLZ NO MAKE A DAM, BUT U BE FEEL'IN REAL GOOD, OLD FITZ DUN SPANKED THEM LEPARDS BOUT 8 YEAR IN A ROW....NOW MAYBE U GOTZ A CHANCE.....THEY HIRE THE RIGHT GUY, SPOTTTED ASS CATS HAVE A CHANCE

Tell us how many State Championship he has won in that time, guess beating them Leps is the main goal. The last 8 years Giddings has had more talent then them leps, so yes 8 wins and nothing to show for it and if the talent was not there no problem let's just bring a QB in for football and then he can move back after football.

MJMbrahmas10
03-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Wonder what fitzhenry sees in pinetree. Maybe he justs wants to prove he can do better than chancellor? That's about the only logical reason

Ernest T Bass
03-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Wonder what fitzhenry sees in pinetree. Maybe he justs wants to prove he can do better than chancellor? That's about the only logical reason

One thing Ive heard, he sees the writing on the wall like the rest of us do. Our state legislature has declared war on public education, so he wants to go make 6 figures for a few years and then get out. Gotta get while the gettin's good. Expect to see a lot of this in the coming years.

hookandladder
03-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Ernest T Bass
One thing Ive heard, he sees the writing on the wall like the rest of us do. Our state legislature has declared war on public education, so he wants to go make 6 figures for a few years and then get out. Gotta get while the gettin's good. Expect to see a lot of this in the coming years.

Makes sense to me.

gtownfan
03-09-2011, 10:44 AM
Makes sense to me.

Another thought is that he had 1 year left on his contract, from what I understand. If he rides it out till this time next year, the ability to get a decent job might have passed, if no extension is given by the GISD school board.

As they say now days, if you have a job, it's much easier to get a new job.

I personally had no issue with him. He treated my son well for 3 years and was willing to work with us when a problem or two came up.

lostaussie
03-09-2011, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by MJMbrahmas10
Wonder what fitzhenry sees in pinetree. God's Country:D

lulu
03-09-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
God's Country:D

+1

rancher
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
He should have taken the money at Dobie, I can tell you for a fact, Pasadena AD and those associated with the district have nothing but bad things to say about him. He is considered TOXIC.

GiddingsFan
03-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Tell us how many State Championship he has won in that time, guess beating them Leps is the main goal. The last 8 years Giddings has had more talent then them leps, so yes 8 wins and nothing to show for it and if the talent was not there no problem let's just bring a QB in for football and then he can move back after football.

You always have a comeback. Is there nothing to do or talk about in LaGrange? Obviously no LG threads on here. Because NO ONE CARES. I think you have Giddings envy..

GiddingsFan
03-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by rancher
He should have taken the money at Dobie, I can tell you for a fact, Pasadena AD and those associated with the district have nothing but bad things to say about him. He is considered TOXIC.

LOL

buckeyebob
03-10-2011, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by lulu
+1

+2

cotulla
03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
What does he see in Longview?

Pine Trees and 6 figures.... easy!

1st and goal
03-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Whoever gets the job, will have plenty of talent. We lost a handfull but we have plenty of bullets to reload. I'd sure like to see us get a coach that can run spread or triple option. Whatever the opposition D gives us. It may be way too early to tell, but I like our chances in district again. I know it'll be tough as heck next year as it seems everyone else is improving too.

We have a 3 year starter coming back at center, super fast RB's, backup QB that can throw, and a bunch more. Also have a tall, fast receiver, that if developed, would require double coverage.

Can't hardly wait until late August!

Dogman_1969
03-15-2011, 02:35 PM
What's the word out of Giddings? They looking outside or since it's so late will they stay in house?

1st and goal
03-16-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
What's the word out of Giddings? They looking outside or since it's so late will they stay in house?

Don't know. Where's Buffgal? She'll know but might not be at liberty to say.

tailingred
03-17-2011, 08:45 AM
What about the guy just down hwy 77. He runs the spread and triple option. Outstanding coach

BEAST
03-17-2011, 08:51 AM
I have talked with a coach that looked at the Pine Tree job several years ago. He told me that athletes were there. But facilities and attitude were horrible. The right coach can fix both.

BEAST

rancher
03-17-2011, 09:14 AM
You said the key words SEVERAL YEARS AGO. Have you looked at that district, they dont have the athletics according to a good source from Longview, their fac. are bad also. The place is TOXIC for a coach, just a place to pad his retirement.

GiddingsFan
03-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Facilities are about to get better... voters will vote on a $29 million dollar bond in May..

rancher- you are a tad bit TOXIC. you talk a lot of crap. get over yourself.

Ernest T Bass
03-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Spread AND triple option, you say? :rolleyes:

1st and goal
03-18-2011, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by tailingred
What about the guy just down hwy 77. He runs the spread and triple option. Outstanding coach

Sounds good to me...

Rancher, well, he's just rancher. What did you expect from him? Something positive?

rancher
03-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Let's see, layoffs for teachers and voting for a 29.9 million dollar bond election to build a feetsball field. Better take note, the district’s last bond election last May failed. It was a $19.9 million bond to build an athletic complex and make some renovations. This year’s bond includes a $20 million stadium and about $9.7 million for other renovations. Ten million more unless they put something in the water, it will never pass.

hookandladder
03-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by rancher
Let's see, layoffs for teachers and voting for a 29.9 million dollar bond election to build a feetsball field. Better take note, the district’s last bond election last May failed. It was a $19.9 million bond to build an athletic complex and make some renovations. This year’s bond includes a $20 million stadium and about $9.7 million for other renovations. Ten million more unless they put something in the water, it will never pass.

Would have to agree that a bond will be hard to pass right now, our bond failed a little over a year ago. Think you are barking up the wrong tree right now for money, most people are just worried about their job and making ends meet.

buff4ever
03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I think even Fitz knows that the bond won't prolly go, he has to be optimistic about something. Let him have it:D

rancher
03-18-2011, 09:53 AM
It is call the best three years for RETIREMENT PAY.

GiddingsFan
03-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I forgot, y'all know everything. My mistake. What was I thinking?

hookandladder
03-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by GiddingsFan
I forgot, y'all know everything. My mistake. What was I thinking?

No , we do not know everything. We just know about Coach Fitz.

Coach BS
03-18-2011, 03:48 PM
I don't know anything...who is the new coach gonna be???

GiddingsFan
03-18-2011, 04:16 PM
No , we do not know everything. We just know about Coach Fitz.

LOL

Pathetic.

BaseballUmp
03-18-2011, 04:18 PM
LOL

Pathetic.

Love to see someone defending their coach...but Fitzhenry...

GiddingsFan
03-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
Love to see someone defending their coach...but Fitzhenry...

No, just combatting idiocy.

BaseballUmp
03-18-2011, 04:22 PM
No, just combatting idiocy.

What are they saying that is so off the wall to you?

pirate4state
03-18-2011, 04:23 PM
LOL

GiddingsFan
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by BaseballUmp
What are they saying that is so off the wall to you?

Out of towners that get off badmouthing coaches... they have no clue. If you want to BS about a game, that is fine. That is what I do on here. But the constant people bashing is ridiculous.

LH Panther Mom
03-18-2011, 05:37 PM
But the constant people bashing is ridiculous.
Who got bashed in this thread? :confused:

BaseballUmp
03-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Fitz...nobody likes him lol

hookandladder
03-18-2011, 10:42 PM
Out of towners that get off badmouthing coaches... they have no clue. If you want to BS about a game, that is fine. That is what I do on here. But the constant people bashing is ridiculous.

If you want facts , I can go there but really I do not think you want to go there. My sources are in your backdoor and I really do not think you could handle it, so maybe you should just face facts about your ex coach. It is no secret to most people and most live in Giddings.

YTBulldogs
03-19-2011, 12:06 AM
Well, I'm just glad for the football players in Giddings who will be getting a coach that wants to be there with them. Not a coach that's been wanting out for the past several years. That had to stink as a player deep down.

Congrats Giddings High School football players.

1st and goal
03-19-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't know him personally, so my comments are totally from a fan's perspective that has attended almost every home game and many away games for his duration in Giddings.

Coach Fitz was passionate about football. Other sports, less. He commanded respect from his athletes on the field. His passion sometimes overrode his emotions. He was not a "Landry" type coach. More of a "Lombardi". You can expect a load of comments whenever you have this style. Yes, there were acts and statements he's made that I wish (and probably him too) could be "done over". I would guess that if you took a poll of former players, the far majority would give favorable comments.

Many comments from outsiders are not multi dimensional and only remember his emotional moments. There is an old saying, If I smashed your toe hard enough in church, would you cuss?

But you can't ignore his record. Many coaches wish they had his record. Also consider that he went after the best teams he could get for preseason games. He didn't shy away from competition. Quality of opponents is something that only knowledgeable fans appreciate when looking at records. There were years that some teams nearby declined playing us for preseason.

I wish him the best and the ability to learn from his mistakes and to use them to help guide him in his future.

GiddingsFan
03-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Hook- did you ever think that maybe the people you talk to are not telling you the whole truth?

XMan
03-20-2011, 07:09 AM
How bout just let the baseball coach be the AD, heck, he has made it to the state championship the past 2 years despite no support.

Aesculus gilmus
03-20-2011, 11:35 AM
More Lombardi than Landry sounds like our coach also. It's too bad Pine Tree and Gilmer no longer play. I'm sure Coach Fitzhenry would've considered it a real challenge to try and beat the Buckeyes.

I'll have to ask the coaches on the Gilmer staff who used to be at Pine Tree if it is now this golden opportunity (in an other-than-dollar-signs way) some see. I doubt it. I'd even go so far as to say if Pine Tree dropped into 3A a la Henderson, it STILL wouldn't be able to win much.

There you go. Any of you who know Coach Fitzhenry can alert him to this link. I've just given him some bulletin board material for his locker room. :D

1st and goal
03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Maybe Pinetree has the same problems like Victoria, too many of the students would rather act like wannabe gangstas instead of playing sports.

Here's a link to Fitz's story:

http://www.leecountylive.com/News%204Q.htm

hookandladder
03-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
Maybe Pinetree has the same problems like Victoria, too many of the students would rather act like wannabe gangstas instead of playing sports.

Here's a link to Fitz's story:

http://www.leecountylive.com/News%204Q.htm

Amazing he did not say a word about the baseball team, even after the team made the State tournament and finishing runner up in back to back years. It is the only sport at Giddings in his tenure that has accomplished such a feat other then the girls basketball team making the State tourney, he must have just forgot to mention Coach Marlow's baseball success while under his tenure.