PDA

View Full Version : QB battle is heating up @ tech

MustangFootball
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
The QB battle is heating up at tech jacob karam threw 4 Td's passes in texas tech 2nd team scrimmage and no int's.
while leading candidate seth doege had 1 td and 2 int's.
still to early to tell with scotty young and michael brewer waiting in the shadows this qb battle could turn out to be very interesting.....gunns up tech fans.

sorry no link i couldn't figure out how to do it on my htc.

coach
03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by MustangFootball
The QB battle is heating up at tech jacob karam threw 4 Td's passes in texas tech 2nd team scrimmage and no int's.
still to early to tell with scotty young and michael brewer waiting in the shadows this qb battle could turn out to be very interesting.....gunns up tech fans.

sorry no link i couldn't figure out how to do it on my htc.

whatever you do, don't talk crap about Taylor Potts.

VWG
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
Whatever happened to Phillip Daughtery from Bridgeport?
He went to Tech after a stellar career at Bridgeport and vanished...... Where did he end up his football career?

AngeloState39
03-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Whatever happened to Phillip Daughtery from Bridgeport?
He went to Tech after a stellar career at Bridgeport and vanished...... Where did he end up his football career? im pretty sure he ended up going to sam houston.

RoyceTTU
03-08-2011, 08:06 AM
I think Doege is still probably up by a hair. He has been really good all spring and 1 INT was a ball off the receivers hands and the other was a corner jump ball.

Karam has definetly put himself in the race. He started the spring behind Young and is now battling to be the starter. He gives an added deminsion because he is so mobile. He is really good at throwing on the run.

WildTexan972
03-08-2011, 12:47 PM
Doege is actually well ahead in this race.....the scrimmage was for Karam to have his turn, thus his stats, but day to day Doege is still the guy....

Karam's issue thus far has been erratic control.....accuracy counts in this offense....

MustangFootball
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm so ready for tech to get back to their winning ways and i think with good QB candidates and a new defense it isn't to far away.....the defense last year was bad under james willis, even though tech isn't traditionally known for their defense i was upset to see Ruffin McNeill go, he really had those guys believing in themselves. i believe brandon sharpe himself had more sacks with 12.5 than tech had last year (not confirmed) and tech wasn't a blitzing team under ruff.....they just had a mean pass rush. ...i think Chad Glasgow will do a great job with that tcu 4-2-5 defense.and even though neil brown is no mike leach tech still gonna score a bunch of points under his offense.

let's go tech!!!

ccmom
03-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by coach
whatever you do, don't talk crap about Taylor Potts. Hahaha...that cracked me up. :D

WestTxschwab
03-08-2011, 01:17 PM
I can't wait to head to LBK to watch my Aggies play there again, I hope we see a repeat of the last time the Ags visited Jones.

TheDOCTORdre
03-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by MustangFootball

2 ints against Techs d??? not good:D