PDA

View Full Version : We're going to Disney World!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nobogey72
03-07-2011, 12:34 PM
for spring break. That's been on my wife's bucket list for a long time. Since she starting to look kinda old, so I figured we better do it before it's too late. For anybody that's been, what was your favorite thing. We're going to epcot center 1 day, and Disney World 1 day. I hear that's not near enough time to see it all, so that's why I'm trying to get opinions on people's favorite stuff.

Blastoderm55
03-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Awesome! You can't do everything, but you can still have a great time. Are you staying on Disney property? If so, you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours to get into certain parks early or late depending on the day. Animal Kingdom and Epcot were probably my favorites, wtih Hollywood Studies as a close third.

RoyceTTU
03-07-2011, 12:45 PM
make sure you see the fireworks at both especially at Kingdom park. Make sure your front and center with the castle. It's amazing.

Saggy Aggie
03-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Awesome! You can't do everything, but you can still have a great time. Are you staying on Disney property? If so, you can take advantage of Extra Magic Hours to get into certain parks early or late depending on the day. Animal Kingdom and Epcot were probably my favorites, wtih Hollywood Studies as a close third. I went during Xmas break one year and it sucked. So many people you couldn't do much, but I really liked the animal kingdom. The whole trail ride thing was pretty cool. But, all in all, I probably had more fun back at the house we rented than I actually did at disney

Yoe_09
03-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Went a year and a half ago. I enjoyed Magic Kingdom more than any but all of them are enjoyable.

ogg
03-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Saggy Aggie
I went during Xmas break one year and it sucked. So many people you couldn't do much, but I really liked the animal kingdom. The whole trail ride thing was pretty cool. But, all in all, I probably had more fun back at the house we rented than I actually did at disney

+1, been there.

Gobbler Fan
03-07-2011, 01:26 PM
If you have kids have them get a passport/stamp book at Epcot and they can get them signed at all the different countries around Epcot *free* my daughter still has hers and they wrote her name in their own laguages she loved it . To many thing to list we have been 4 times and the first one visit was the most special. Try to catch a parade during the day at Magic Kingdom and grab a Dole Whip Float to cool down *yum*. Enjoy your trip and take advantage of the extra hours if your staying on property .

pirate4state
03-07-2011, 04:22 PM
I enjoyed Magic Kingdom, Epcot & Hollywood Studios, but I had the most fun at Universal. :cool: I know Universal is NOT part of Disney, but it is in Orlando. :p

Antec
03-07-2011, 04:40 PM
Went to both Disney World and Uniiversal City about 5 years ago

Enjoyed it but crowds were too big at Disney World

Have a time share in Orlando that we never use anymore- Thrown away money which we never should have bought

Trip was expensive taking cabs since we didn't rent a car and didn't want to drive in a strange place

Now we hardly ever travel-just cruises-Too expensive to fly these day and now gas is too expenisve to drive around Texas

RoyceTTU
03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Trip was expensive taking cabs since we didn't rent a car and didn't want to drive in a strange place

+1 I reconciled my Expences a few days ago from my trip last month and was shocked how much was spent on cabs. That is partly my fault for not being patient enough to take the bus but dang, when I want to go somewhere, I don't want to have to go through an hour worth of stops.

nobogey72
03-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RoyceTTU
+1 I reconciled my Expences a few days ago from my trip last month and was shocked how much was spent on cabs. That is partly my fault for not being patient enough to take the bus but dang, when I want to go somewhere, I don't want to have to go through an hour worth of stops.

We are not staying on the property, as we are actually taking the trip to Orlando to visit kin folks and we are staying with them. So under those circumstances would we be better off to rent a car for a few days rather than cabs?

DavidWooderson
03-07-2011, 06:55 PM
No bigger @$$ whip in my life than Disney World. There is some school parts about it, but there are so many people there it can be a pain.

Stayed at Great Wilderness lodge, it was a cool place.......going in spring, go to ESPN Wide World of Sports area, check out a Braves game while you're there.

Get the pass where you can skip ahead in all of the lines because that is the biggest pain.

ronwx5x
03-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by DavidWooderson
No bigger @$$ whip in my life than Disney World. There is some school parts about it, but there are so many people there it can be a pain.

Wonder why millions of people every year disagree with you?

DavidWooderson
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
That's supposed to be cool...not school.

LOL Millions of people who have never been but realize it when they get there.

I'm also the same way with 6flags. I'm just not a amusement park kind of guy.

FB-fanatic
03-07-2011, 10:27 PM
I agree w/ Wooderson. We struggled 10 years ago w/ Disney or Mayan Riviera. Mayan Riviera won (2 boys - were 14 and 10). Never made it to Disney. We fly into Cancun about every other year, rent a car, and drive south until people run out.. road runs out.. then miles and miles of beach to ourselves (Tulum, where the Mayan ruins are on the beach). I get full blown meals fit for kings for $20 for the whole family. Georgeous cenotes cost $1.50 each. Beer is cheap too.

Have heard warnings about travel to Mexico lately, but we have had no problems ever.

RoyceTTU
03-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
We are not staying on the property, as we are actually taking the trip to Orlando to visit kin folks and we are staying with them. So under those circumstances would we be better off to rent a car for a few days rather than cabs?

Depends on how far it is. An example is the Airport to Hilton @ Walt Disney Resort was 50ish. The Hilton to Magic Kingdom was 20ish etc....

It can get pricey. Dont know that car rental would be that much cheaper because of taxes and I'm sure there is probably a parking fee at the resorts. I think they have you hooked either way.

My Wife said the greatest place she had ever been. I said it was the most expensive place ever. Either way it was still worth it for them to get to go. I was working so I only spent 2 evenings.