PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been debated before

Old Tiger
03-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Which would be the cheaper plan for the Iphone 4, AT&T or Verizon? Pros and cons of each please. I think about this summer possibly May or June I will purchase one.

Or does anyone suggest another phone?

coach
03-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Old Tiger
Which would be the cheaper plan for the Iphone 4, AT&T or Verizon? Pros and cons of each please. I think about this summer possibly May or June I will purchase one.

Or does anyone suggest another phone?

what plan are you on right now?

Old Tiger
03-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by coach
what plan are you on right now? cellular one...i will be moving to one or the other.

RoyceTTU
03-06-2011, 07:09 PM
cellular one...i will be moving to one or the other.

If you are comfortable with CellOne, make the jump to ATT. They are on the same network. They have the best coverage in Texas as a whole, but not as fast as sprint in the major metro areas.

Yoe_09
03-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I just switched from Sprint to AT&T. Service has been great besides at my house where there is no service with any company. The 3G speeds have been good and even areas with non-3G have not been that bad as far as internet usage.

I ended up going with the HTC through ATT. I have had an Itouch for several years and I was looking for something different. If you go with ATT they have a lot of new high powered android devices coming out this summer. Verizon has the Driod Incredible or X right now that are not bad.

Pendragon13
03-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Don't have an iPhone so I can't tell you about heavy data useage, but ATT is fine unless you go off the beaten path a lot. In other words, as long as you're in a decent sized town or following a major roadway...don't expect rock solid service.

navscanmaster
03-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Pendragon13
Don't have an iPhone so I can't tell you about heavy data useage, but ATT is fine unless you go off the beaten path a lot. In other words, as long as you're in a decent sized town or following a major roadway...don't expect rock solid service.

I have been a Verizon customer for a long time. I love it in most places. But I can tell you that in my work in the field, ATT guys always seem to have bars when I have none or limited service. It sucks, but I am not in the field to browse the web and facebook all day either.

Old Tiger
03-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
but I am not in the field to browse the web and facebook all day either. Well then what do you do then? :D :p

Pick6
03-07-2011, 11:15 AM
My personal phone is a Verizon and my work phone is ATT. I've never had a problem with getting service anywhere with Verizon. ATT on the other hand is hit or miss, more miss than hit.

Old Tiger
03-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Verizon

450 talk and text $59.99
Unlimited Email and Web $29.99
Total Monthly: $89.98

AT&T

450 w/ Rollover $39.99
2GB Data $25.00
Unlimited Messaging $20.00
Total Monthly: $84.99

What are the pros and con of each network package?

crzyjournalist03
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Verizon

450 talk and text $59.99
Unlimited Email and Web $29.99
Total Monthly: $89.98

AT&T

450 w/ Rollover $39.99
2GB Data $25.00
Unlimited Messaging $20.00
Total Monthly: $84.99

What are the pros and con of each network package?

With Verizon, you get talk and text bundled, but with AT&T, you pay the same price, but they're separated.

Also, with Verizon you get unlimited Email and web for $29.99 while with AT&T you get only 2 GB of data for $25.

Old Tiger
03-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
With Verizon, you get talk and text bundled, but with AT&T, you pay the same price, but they're separated.

Also, with Verizon you get unlimited Email and web for $29.99 while with AT&T you get only 2 GB of data for $25. While on the Verizon site I noticed a 3g package thing that you can pay for what is that? NVM that is Verizons "teethering" option it seems

Verizon users, what kind of insurance do yall recommend?

crzyjournalist03
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
While on the Verizon site I noticed a 3g package thing that you can pay for what is that? NVM that is Verizons "teethering" option it seems

Verizon users, what kind of insurance do yall recommend?

what kind of insurance are you interested in? Are you looking accident protection, manufacturer's defects, stolen phone protection?

Old Tiger
03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
what kind of insurance are you interested in? Are you looking accident protection, manufacturer's defects, stolen phone protection? Kinda all of it

poisoned10
03-08-2011, 09:08 AM

Also, with Verizon you get unlimited Email and web for $29.99 while with AT&T you get only 2 GB of data for $25.

Verizon is about to go to the same type of data plans. They won't be offering unlimited data for very much longer.

Old Tiger
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by poisoned10
Verizon is about to go to the same type of data plans. They won't be offering unlimited data for very much longer. Is there a set date? Will the unlimited be grandfathered in like AT&T did for their users.

poisoned10
03-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Is there a set date? Will the unlimited be grandfathered in like AT&T did for their users.

I don't know of an exact date.

Those already with unlimited data plans should be able to keep them.

Old Tiger
03-08-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't know of an exact date.

Those already with unlimited data plans should be able to keep them. I'm looking at making the switch end of may/beginning of june...hope that isn't too late.

Old Tiger
03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Do any of you tech savy posters of the downlow know when the iphone 5 will be released?

poisoned10
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Do any of you tech savy posters of the downlow know when the iphone 5 will be released?

There hasn't been an official date set, but every year since the 1st iPhone was released they have been in May/June.

All reports have said Summer of this year.

Old Tiger
03-08-2011, 05:44 PM
There hasn't been an official date set, but every year since the 1st iPhone was released they have been in May/June.

All reports have said Summer of this year. So I should wait till it comes out it seems. Will it be carried on both Verizon and AT&T?

Right now I'm leaning toward Verizon and hopefully I get it before they go to the network limit and I can get grandfathered in on the unlimited.

poisoned10
03-08-2011, 05:46 PM
So I should wait till it comes out it seems. Will it be carried on both Verizon and AT&T?

Right now I'm leaning toward Verizon and hopefully I get it before they go to the network limit and I can get grandfathered in on the unlimited.

From what I've read it will likely just be at&t on release and come to Verizon later.

Old Tiger
03-08-2011, 05:48 PM
From what I've read it will likely just be at&t on release and come to Verizon later. What are the chances of going over the 2gb on the AT&T network? For $5 more I can get unlimited so would it be worth getting the iphone 5 from AT&T with the 2gb plan. AT&T comes with the rollover minutes as well...so what is your honest opinion.

poisoned10
03-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I have at&t if that says anything.

As far as going over 2GB, it really just depends on you.

If your going to be listening to Pandora or watching You Tube often then it could happen. But not too likely. Especially if you connect to wi-fi when your at home, which actually saves on battery life.

My brother-in-law is on the $15 200MB plan and just went over for the 1st time in a couple of months.

Old Tiger
03-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I have at&t if that says anything.

As far as going over 2GB, it really just depends on you.

If your going to be listening to Pandora or watching You Tube often then it could happen. But not too likely. Especially if you connect to wi-fi when your at home, which actually saves on battery life.

My brother-in-law is on the $15 200MB plan and just went over for the 1st time in a couple of months. I probably will do a lot of FB/youtube really...maybe some other games like words with friends and etc but I think I should be alright with the 2gb.

iphone 5 with AT&T by next month sounds great and it would save me 5$ which is like 60$ a year. Plus how are the rollover minutes with AT&T?

Sorry I keep asking questions I just like to feel confident one way or another.

poisoned10
03-08-2011, 10:09 PM
I probably will do a lot of FB/youtube really...maybe some other games like words with friends and etc but I think I should be alright with the 2gb.

iphone 5 with AT&T by next month sounds great and it would save me 5$ which is like 60$ a year. Plus how are the rollover minutes with AT&T?

Sorry I keep asking questions I just like to feel confident one way or another.

I have 1400 minutes with a 5-line family plan and have built up over 4,000 rollover minutes.

2 GB should be enough if your not streaming music on Pandora a lot. And like I said, if you have a wireless network at home, you can connect to it and you won't be using any of your data.

Remember, I'm on at&t and have never had Verizon. So I'm more knowledgable with them than I am Verizon. You may want to speak with someone who has Verizon.